lift and 35's - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-01-2013, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

lift and 35's

Current setup is an 2007 JKU with what I THINK is a Rough Country 2.5" lift and I am running 32"s. This is a daily driver.

Now I say THINK in the above because this is my first Jeep, I bought it used and all of this was installed when I purchased it. I know it sets about 2" higher than a stock 2007 and I can see the Rough Country performance 2.2 shocks. That is what their 2.5" kit comes with. I also already have a 3/4" spacer in the front. The Jeep did sit pretty level before I added a winch to the front. It now sits about 3/4" low in the front.

Goals:
I want to run 35"s.
I want to level the Jeep back out.

Can I run the 35"s with the current lift? (I have searched and found all kinds of different answers on this..so not 100% sure)

If not would you go 3" or 4" lift?

I enjoy trail riding and get my jeep offroad as much as I can at least every other week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-01-2013, 08:17 AM
Rock God

With stock flares, you need 2.5" front and rear extended bumpstops to run 35s. Spring height doesn't directly matter. If you have a 2.5" lift now, you could simply add extended bumpstops.

You should run either 1.5" Spidertrax wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels with 4.75" or less backspacing with 35s. (Do not forget to remove the lug retainer clips if you run spacers or aftermarket wheels.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old 04-01-2013, 08:23 AM
Rock God

LISTEN TO PLANMAN.

Soon to be a vendor!!!
Looking for a good Rat Rod JK donor vehicle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-01-2013, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks! I'll check the bumpstops out and see if I can tell what is on it now. The guy before me "might" have changed those out also.

I do have after market wheels already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode