Wvo drag link flip= 5 hour nightmare. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-20-2013, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Wvo drag link flip= 5 hour nightmare.

the drag link part actually went flawlessly. The damn trackbar bracket is the biggest pain in the ass I've ever dealt with. I took it off and re-installed it 4 times and every damn time the trackbar holes(front and back on bracket) were off by just enough to not allow me to slide the bolt all the way through.

Anybody have this set up and willing to share if you had the same problem or any insight on how ti get this damn thing to line up? I'm giving it one more attempt tomorrow and if it doesn't work I'm ordering the synergy bracket. I should have ordered the synergy set up to begin with

EDIT- Evo drag link flip. Not wvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
And yeah, we might be a touch rough round the edges, but Jeeple are good people.

Last edited by Rooster454; 03-20-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-20-2013, 08:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Who is Wvo?

Regardless, does the bolt go through without the track bar in or are you just trying to push it through? Usually a ratchet strap or someone wiggling the steering wheel will be required to get the track bar bolt in. It centers the axle under the frame, with it removed it may favor one way or the other.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-20-2013, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
Who is Wvo?

Regardless, does the bolt go through without the track bar in or are you just trying to push it through? Usually a ratchet strap or someone wiggling the steering wheel will be required to get the track bar bolt in. It centers the axle under the frame, with it removed it may favor one way or the other.
Haha damnit. I meant Evo.

The bracket is two pieces. One goes inside the stock trackbar bracket and one goes on the front of the stock bracket. The holes aren't lining up and the whoel set up is a pain in the ass to put together.

Agreed a ratchet strap would work and I used one on the stock bracket before. Won't work now as there are two new holes that are fixed and are slightly off

Quote:
And yeah, we might be a touch rough round the edges, but Jeeple are good people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-20-2013, 08:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Have you tried keeping the brackets mounting hardware loose so you can move it a bit to get it lined up then torque everything down?

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
post #5 of 8 Old 03-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Rock God

the biggest issue I think with the evo will be the pivot points for centering. one side pivots off the front, and the other off the back, so if the welds arn't set even, it wont be centered. to get around it, set the bolt on the axle side of the track bar, then use ratchet straps to get the frame side in.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-20-2013, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMG006 View Post
Have you tried keeping the brackets mounting hardware loose so you can move it a bit to get it lined up then torque everything down?
I tried this on the third and fourth attempts, but the trackbar bolts on right above the two bolt that go into the stock tb mount. If the trackbar is in you can't reach the nuts on the lower two bolts to tighten. Crappy set up really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneck View Post
the biggest issue I think with the evo will be the pivot points for centering. one side pivots off the front, and the other off the back, so if the welds arn't set even, it wont be centered. to get around it, set the bolt on the axle side of the track bar, then use ratchet straps to get the frame side in.
I could get the TB in. The problem is centering the new holes to where the bolt will go through the TB AND both holes. They are just off enough to where I can get one hole but not the other. Think of the olympics emblem, it's similar to that but closer to being centered.

Quote:
post #7 of 8 Old 03-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster454 View Post
I could get the TB in. The problem is centering the new holes to where the bolt will go through the TB AND both holes. They are just off enough to where I can get one hole but not the other. Think of the olympics emblem, it's similar to that but closer to being centered.
i know exactly what you mean. the problem is, espiecally with non heim joints, the plane of one joint wont match the other. did you try mounting the axle side before the frame? i had the same thing. evo TB flip. when i blted the frame side first, and used straps for the other side, i could only get one side of the TB holes lined up at the frame. because my trackbar was adjustable, i just had to turn it one 1/2 rotation at a time, to try to get it to line up
post #8 of 8 Old 03-20-2013, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneck View Post
i know exactly what you mean. the problem is, espiecally with non heim joints, the plane of one joint wont match the other. did you try mounting the axle side before the frame? i had the same thing. evo TB flip. when i blted the frame side first, and used straps for the other side, i could only get one side of the TB holes lined up at the frame. because my trackbar was adjustable, i just had to turn it one 1/2 rotation at a time, to try to get it to line up
OOOOH now i understand what you're saying. I did use a ratchet strap to keep it centered while trying to rebolt it. I tried different lengths by rotating it and could still only get one hole to line up whether it was front or back.

I'll try your way tomorrow and hope it works. I tried to leave the TB bracket loose and mount the TB and then tighten everything and it was the closes I got but still didn't work as I couldn't get everything tight due to the TB blocking the bottom nuts. Thanks for the input. Thinking about your method, I think it'll work

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode