Front Upper Control Arm Recommendations? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 03-20-2013, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Front Upper Control Arm Recommendations?

Can anybody recommend a set of adjustable front UCA's for $200 or less? Budget's pretty tight right now.

I perfer something that has factory style bushings on the fame side if possible. I'm not really that concerned with flexiblity as I am longevity.

Thanks,
Chris

'16 2dr Willys
'15 2dr Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-20-2013, 05:50 PM
Rock God

Garage

I have the metal cloaks and really like the joints in them.
Plenty of miles and trips on mine and they still look new.
They run about 205.

You smell that?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old 03-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Rock God

do UCAs, especially in the front, really get that much wear and tear?
I know when i needed a set for the rear, rubicon express was the cheapest set. the front is straight, so that might make a difference, but I think when arm shopping, rock krawler and rubicon express usually have the best prices
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 03-20-2013, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneck View Post
I know when i needed a set for the rear, rubicon express was the cheapest set. the front is straight, so that might make a difference, but I think when arm shopping, rock krawler and rubicon express usually have the best prices
I just don't want to spend money on something to have it wear out or fail within a year due to normal wear and tear.

I'm considering the Rubicon Express and RK arms, but my concern is that the joints will need replaced often because they're designed for maximum flex verses longevity. Hopefully some people with first hand experience can chime in and atest to their longevity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottenbelly View Post
I have the metal cloaks and really like the joints in them.
Plenty of miles and trips on mine and they still look new.
They run about 205.
I like the looks of the joints on those. That's kinda what I'm looking for. Decent price too.

'16 2dr Willys
'15 2dr Sport
post #5 of 12 Old 03-21-2013, 10:31 AM
JKowners Vendor

Give us a shout if you have any questions about our products! Are you right in NY also like your handle suggests? You will not have any longevity issues with our joints... Our Krawler Joints are designed for maximum misalignment but this in no way correlates to a faster wearing part. Our shop # is 518-270-9822 if you want to give us a call directly.

RK
post #6 of 12 Old 03-21-2013, 10:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShafferNY View Post
I just don't want to spend money on something to have it wear out or fail within a year due to normal wear and tear.

I'm considering the Rubicon Express and RK arms, but my concern is that the joints will need replaced often because they're designed for maximum flex verses longevity. Hopefully some people with first hand experience can chime in and atest to their longevity.

I like the looks of the joints on those. That's kinda what I'm looking for. Decent price too.
Between those two choices...RK all the way. Solid steel, great joints, great warranty.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 Old 03-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Rock God

There are more durable options than stock Clevite bushings that also have a much higher misalignment capability......

Metalcloak would be my first recommendation for your needs. Currie would be second.
post #8 of 12 Old 03-21-2013, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
Give us a shout if you have any questions about our products! Are you right in NY also like your handle suggests?
RK
Yeah, I'm about two hours north of Albany, in the southern Adirondacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
You will not have any longevity issues with our joints... Our Krawler Joints are designed for maximum misalignment but this in no way correlates to a faster wearing part.
RK
That's what I wanted to hear. :-)

'16 2dr Willys
'15 2dr Sport
post #9 of 12 Old 03-21-2013, 03:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneck View Post
Depends on how hard you use them. I have been through a couple sets

Name:  bent upper (800x417).jpg
Views: 216
Size:  226.9 KB
post #10 of 12 Old 03-21-2013, 06:07 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShafferNY View Post
Can anybody recommend a set of adjustable front UCA's for $200 or less? Budget's pretty tight right now.

I perfer something that has factory style bushings on the fame side if possible. I'm not really that concerned with flexiblity as I am longevity.

Thanks,
Chris
Another option:

Synergy Front ADJ Uppers

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #11 of 12 Old 03-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Rock God

Garage
Re: Front Upper Control Arm Recommendations?

I run Rk all around on my rig. Butguys from the Crew Ron the poly/synergy and have great things to say about them. Mainly the adjustability without having to disco them from the axle..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

a.k.a. Christian - 2011 Black Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon
37" MTRK, RK 3.5 X-Factor (3-Link Rear) and other stuff..
Owner/Manager -
and other Web Properties

post #12 of 12 Old 03-21-2013, 07:52 PM
Rock God

the OP said he was on a budget. I love poly and MC shit, but again, budget. even pigs posts above, he quotes the OP asking for under 200$, and then links a $300 set of UCAs

come on now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode