Track bar bracket upgrade - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 03-20-2013, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Track bar bracket upgrade

I am looking to upgrade my track bar bracket to a HD one. I am currently running 2.5in coil lift, stock drag link position, adjustable track bar (not sure what brand). I may be going with a larger long arm lift in the future, when funds allow, but for now, I am living with this lift.

I would like to get a HD track bar bracket that will allow me to run track bar in stock location now, but will allow for future changes, when and if I got to a higher lift and flipped drag link.

I like the Artec brackets, and will most likely be adding the truss to my rubi D44 so it would make sense to use their bracket. I don't think I want to get the stock bracket because if I ever to decide to flip the drag link I would need a completely new bracket. If I get the HD lifted bracket, not sure if I can run in stock location.

Are there any other brackets I should be looking at/ considereing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 03-20-2013, 09:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Good question, I'm not sure there is a bracket that exists for you want to do. It's usually either an HD stock replacement or a raised mount replacement/bracket.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 Old 03-20-2013, 09:25 AM
Research, bro!

Garage

JKS makes one that wraps around/reinforces both the stock mount and passenger UCA mount. Both positions available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 03-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Rock God

I run the Artec Truss with a flipped draglink and their HD bracket on 2.5" springs. The flipped DL isn't necessary for my application, but I have long arms and plan on going up another inch in height when I add coilovers.

There may also be room to drill an additional hole in the Artec trackbar mount to run the track bar near the stock location.
post #5 of 21 Old 03-20-2013, 09:36 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRauzer View Post
JKS makes one that wraps around/reinforces both the stock mount and passenger UCA mount. Both positions available.
I ran this on my old axle. I think it would work for your application. I ran it in the stock TB location.

2008 JKU: continual work in progress
post #6 of 21 Old 03-20-2013, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

With flipped drag link and 2.5in lift, do you have problems with drag link hitting the frame?

That is the downfall I have read about. eveything else about the flip sounds great.
post #7 of 21 Old 03-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Rock God

on a four door, with my 2.5" old man emu spring lift, src bumper and winch, my artec hd trackbar bracket was hitting the frame. Since I'll prbably never go higher than 3.5" we cut it off just below the upper hole. Per artec the higher hole on their raised bracket is strictly for 4" lift plus and flipped draglinks. The lower hole is 1 and 3/4" higher than stock. I am still trying to get the alignment and steering right.
post #8 of 21 Old 03-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Rock God

Garage

Poly bracket has 3 different mounting holes on theirs.
You could start at the bottom hole and raise it up as your lift grows!

I believe bottom hole is stock to 2 inch lift. Middle is 2-4 lift and top is 4-6 lift.

You smell that?
post #9 of 21 Old 03-20-2013, 09:10 PM
Rock God

so how much bump stop do they reccomend for 4-6"

not that I know chit....
post #10 of 21 Old 03-21-2013, 11:31 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottenbelly View Post
Poly bracket has 3 different mounting holes on theirs.
You could start at the bottom hole and raise it up as your lift grows!

I believe bottom hole is stock to 2 inch lift. Middle is 2-4 lift and top is 4-6 lift.
Time out.... It doesn't work like that man. You gotta use the holes to match the drag link position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
so how much bump stop do they reccomend for 4-6"

not that I know chit....
Give me a call if you want some help, this is sort of a bitch to explain by typing.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #11 of 21 Old 03-22-2013, 05:10 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIG View Post
Time out.... It doesn't work like that man. You gotta use the holes to match the drag link position
Give me a call if you want some help, this is sort of a bitch to explain by typing.
Yep, I was thinking of a rear trackbar mount with a non adjustable track bar.

What he said, you would use hole that keeps your track bar parrallel with your drag link.

You smell that?

Last edited by Rottenbelly; 03-22-2013 at 05:34 AM.
post #12 of 21 Old 03-22-2013, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

For my understanding, for the suspension to work properly the trac bar and drag link want to be parallell right?

So adding a HD trac bar bracket with a raised mounting location could affect the suspension and handling. With 2.5 in of lift, I am not sure if my drag link and trac bar are still inline, but I will look. Maybe I could use the upgraded bracket and flip the drag link.

When looking into death wobble, I found my drag link ends were bad, and I just ordered replacment parts, I couldn't find a HD drag link besides currie, and I didn't feel like spending $550 on that now, although it is sweet.

Should I be looking into rear track bar brackets, or adjustable rear trac bar?

what brands are good for that?
post #13 of 21 Old 03-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.cross View Post
For my understanding, for the suspension to work properly the trac bar and drag link want to be parallell right?

So adding a HD trac bar bracket with a raised mounting location could affect the suspension and handling. With 2.5 in of lift, I am not sure if my drag link and trac bar are still inline, but I will look. Maybe I could use the upgraded bracket and flip the drag link.

If you raise the trac bar. you will want to raise (flip) the drag link to keep them parallel. Bump steer and bad handling will result.

When looking into death wobble, I found my drag link ends were bad, and I just ordered replacment parts, I couldn't find a HD drag link besides currie, and I didn't feel like spending $550 on that now, although it is sweet.

You could do either or. Slapping a adjustable rear TB will change your roll center but will still work. Using a raised bracket and keeping the TB leveler. With your stock bar will help keep body roll under control.

Polly makes a great bracket for the rear. It bolts around the axle tube and sandwiches around the factory bracket which I like. This takes the weak factory bracket issues out of the equation.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...t-p-16401.html

Ď07 steel blue two door Rubi.
-RE 4.5"; 35"; 4.88's; Protected by River Raiders, Skid Row, & Rock Hard skids; Custom on board air; Ham radios; other mods by Warn, Poly Performance; & a few other toys.
post #14 of 21 Old 03-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Wheeler

On my 2012 JKU run a Poly - Synergy / Relocation Bracket with a JKS Adjustable Trackbar in the front.

In the rear I run a (I just changed our the Teraflex stuff that came with my PreRunner kit) JKS - Adjustable Trackbar, a JKS - Rear Trackbar Brace and a JKS - Track Bar Relocation Bracket.

I am running a Teraflex PreRunner kit and have very little body roll. I am very happy with the way the JKS and Poly/Synergy stuff worked out. Both great companies who always stand behind their products.

'12 Jeep JKU Rubicon
392 HEMI - BOR Kit, Teraflex PreRunner Kit (Fox Shocks), Nemesis Industries Fenders and Rockers, TMD Hood, Shrockworks Stubby Front, JKS Trackbars and Links (Front & Rear), Riddler Diff Covers, Teraflex Rear Tire Carrier, sPOD, BlueSea System Dual Battery Controller, Poison Spyder Bolt-In Cage, Hutchinson Beadlocks w/ 35" Toyos
post #15 of 21 Old 03-22-2013, 03:07 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.cross View Post

YES.

YES and it could effect it negativity if the drag link geometry doesn't match up.

The Synergy Replacement Drag Link can be used in the factory configuration or in a high steer configuration.

Might be worth giving me a call if you want some more info.

Dave 805-706-0235

//
//

//
//

post #16 of 21 Old 03-22-2013, 03:07 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandboxphil View Post
On my 2012 JKU run a Poly - Synergy / Relocation Bracket with a JKS Adjustable Trackbar in the front.

In the rear I run a (I just changed our the Teraflex stuff that came with my PreRunner kit) JKS - Adjustable Trackbar, a JKS - Rear Trackbar Brace and a JKS - Track Bar Relocation Bracket.

I am running a Teraflex PreRunner kit and have very little body roll. I am very happy with the way the JKS and Poly/Synergy stuff worked out. Both great companies who always stand behind their products.

//
//

//
//

post #17 of 21 Old 04-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Thanks PIG/ Dave?. I am just getting caught up round here after my wifes cherokee got tboned I'll give you a ring in the morning.
post #18 of 21 Old 04-02-2013, 06:10 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Thanks PIG/ Dave?. I am just getting caught up round here after my wifes cherokee got tboned I'll give you a ring in the morning.
10-4

//
//

//
//

post #19 of 21 Old 04-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Rock God

Dave, just called and spoke with Mike. First let me say thank you for all your tech support here and on the phone even though it didn't lead to an immediate sale for poly. It will influence where I buy the next thing.

What he said makes complete sense to me. Get a drop pitman that lowers the trckbar frameside 1.5-2" to match how much the Artec Trackbar bracket raised the axle side. With my small lift 2-2.5 it looks like I shold have used the stock height bracket. So my choice is remove a welded on raised bracket or lower the pitman. Flipping the draglink would only muddle things further it seems. We also discussed that lowerign the pitman stresses the steering box but wiht 33-35s this is not as much of a worry. Now I just have to find one. Qtec list them by lift size not drop amount......thank god I like research....
post #20 of 21 Old 04-03-2013, 03:08 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Dave, just called and spoke with Mike. First let me say thank you for all your tech support here and on the phone even though it didn't lead to an immediate sale for poly. It will influence where I buy the next thing.

What he said makes complete sense to me. Get a drop pitman that lowers the trckbar frameside 1.5-2" to match how much the Artec Trackbar bracket raised the axle side. With my small lift 2-2.5 it looks like I shold have used the stock height bracket. So my choice is remove a welded on raised bracket or lower the pitman. Flipping the draglink would only muddle things further it seems. We also discussed that lowerign the pitman stresses the steering box but wiht 33-35s this is not as much of a worry. Now I just have to find one. Qtec list them by lift size not drop amount......thank god I like research....
I got a few more ideas for you...
Try my direct line when you have time.
805-706-0235

//
//

//
//

post #21 of 21 Old 04-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Rock God

For those that might be reading this for info....after further discussion with artec, poly and terflex who were all very helpful (Shit PIG called me at 1800) it appears while dropping the pitman may make geometric sense its bad juju. Seems using the raised tb bracket was just a mistake on my part and should go. Bastards welded on strong and all nice and painted too

oh and sorry Neil for the MAJOR hijack

Last edited by Catfish; 04-04-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode