High steer kit - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-18-2013, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

High steer kit

So ive been looking online at different upgrades and reading forums. Now here is my question. I have an 08 2dr auto with a 2.5 in pro comp lift on 33s going to 35s soon. What are the pros/cons of any to running a high steer kit what company's should I look at any other pertinainet info is appreciated.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-19-2013, 05:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Well you're not high enough to need a drag link flip, the tie rod on a JK cannot be flipped..what are you looking for in a "high steer" kit?

I'd recommend a better drag link and tie rod, but nothing that'd make a "high steer".

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-19-2013, 09:57 AM
Rock God

As Goody said, you don't really need a high steer setup with 2.5". If you plan on going higher in the future, it might be a good purchase.

The "highsteer" setup many people run on their JK is a flipped Draglink (Synergy is a popular setup) combined with Reid Knuckles which raise the mounting point of the tie-rod a couple of inches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-19-2013, 11:45 AM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akjk View Post
So ive been looking online at different upgrades and reading forums. Now here is my question. I have an 08 2dr auto with a 2.5 in pro comp lift on 33s going to 35s soon. What are the pros/cons of any to running a high steer kit what company's should I look at any other pertinainet info is appreciated.

You can use it with a 2.5" lift but as a few guys posted above it really isn't necessary until you are at 3+. Also note that most kit mfgs will require the use of at least a 3" tall bump stop extension to keep the relocated trackbar from smashing into the lower frame rail at full suspension compression.

http://www.synergysuspension.com/Syn...t-p-16758.html

Might be a good idea to check the instructions of the kit out online before pulling the trigger so you know what you are getting yourself into.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #5 of 8 Old 03-19-2013, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Re: High steer kit

I appreciate imnfo a busy is running synergy set up and told me I should look into it. In the future I may go higher on lift but I see I don't need this right now. I appreciate Your help guys.

post #6 of 8 Old 10-27-2013, 01:53 PM
Rock God

Is that 3" referring to what the lift kit is supposed to provide or how much lift actually comes from the lift?

I.e. My RK 2.5" gave me over 4" of lift in the front on my '08 2-door (on 37's), and that is with steel front bumper and winch installed.

I have the Synergy High Steer sitting in my garage. Just trying to figure whether I really need it or not. BTW, the Jeep steer like a boat right now.

2008 JK Rubi on big tires and stuff, RIPP supercharger.
Various dents and scratches.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Granite Guru

Referring to actual lift height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akjk View Post
I appreciate imnfo a busy is running synergy set up and told me I should look into it. In the future I may go higher on lift but I see I don't need this right now. I appreciate Your help guys.
One nice thing about the Synergy setup is that you can run the components in the stock locations, and then down the road if/when you lift higher, you just add the bracket and move the drag link to the top of the knuckle. (took me well over a year from first installing the drag link to finally getting around to adding the trackbar and bracket and flipping the drag link.) Something to keep in mind if you decide to replace a drag link or trackbar.

Last edited by GreenJK; 10-27-2013 at 02:39 PM.
post #8 of 8 Old 10-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Rock God

Ok, thank you! Now I know what I'll be doing on my days off....installing that high steer kit. Hoping for an improvement in steering.

2008 JK Rubi on big tires and stuff, RIPP supercharger.
Various dents and scratches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode