What else to lift 4 inches and throw on 37's? (List of things to buy) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 03-18-2013, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

What else to lift 4 inches and throw on 37's? (List of things to buy)

I have a 2 door manual trans sport jk, i am looking to lift it 4 inches and throw on 37's. I do not want any problems with this lift and want peace of mind, is there anything else to recomend? Anything to change? Any thoughts? I am using this jeep as my daily driver as well.

RUGGED RIDGE ALUMINUM WHEELS 17" X
9" SATIN BLACK 214.99002007-2013 Jeep Wrangler JK &
Wrangler Unlimited JK

BF GOODRICH MUD TERRAIN T/A KM2 TIRE 405.990037x12.50R17*

FULL TRACTION,4" PREMIUM PLUS
SUSPENSION SYSTEM WITHOUT SHOC 1789.99002007-

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/full-tr...-ftsk7158.html

FULL TRACTION CRC LINK CONVERSION,
LEFT HAND DRIVE

PUREJEEP, FRONT AXLE KNUCKLE GUSSET
SET FOR DANA 30

TERAFLEX CV DRIVE SHAFT - FRONT

TERAFLEX CV REAR DRIVE SHAFT (2
DOOR)

TERAFLEX VSS 9550 SHOCK ABSORBER
KIT, SET OF 4, 3-4" OF LIFT

TERAFLEX HD VSS STEERING STABILIZER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Wheeler

New gears?
post #3 of 13 Old 03-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Upgrade your ball joints
You are going to need some shocks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 03-18-2013, 12:31 PM
Breaker of nice things

Garage

Two door or 4 door? You don't necessarily have to lift your JK 4 inches to clear 37's (unless you want to)

But I'd definitely agree with the gears comment above.
post #5 of 13 Old 03-18-2013, 12:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

chromo axle shafts, front and rear

I bent a stock rear flange on my first wheeling trip with 37's and twisted it as well. When I pulled the shaft out I was really surprised how much the stock shaft twisted without breaking...but that won't last long.

4" of lift is a lot on a 2dr. You could do 2.5 and flat fender flares

what is the backspace on those wheels?

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TCdawg; 03-18-2013 at 12:39 PM.
post #6 of 13 Old 03-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Granite Guru

With a 4" lift you’re going to have a big bump steer (death wobble) problem. Make sure your track bar and drag link stay parallel to each other. When I did my 4" lift, I got the JKS track bar bracket which not only moves the track bar up, it provides backbone support and relocates the steering stabilizer. I then had to get the Teraflex draglink flip kit, these two together fixed my death wobble completely. Also I got the Teraflex rear trackbar bracket. Without these brackets or welding whatever brackets you do get, you will run the risk of ripping the stock trackbar brackets off the axle. I ran 37s on a locked D30 for 2 yrs before I upgraded to a D44, no major issues. Get trail spare axle shafts.
post #7 of 13 Old 03-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmd Garage View Post
Upgrade your ball joints
This for sure!
post #8 of 13 Old 03-18-2013, 01:09 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostymarine View Post
I have a 2 door manual trans sport jk, i am looking to lift it 4 inches and throw on 37's. I do not want any problems with this lift and want peace of mind, is there anything else to recomend? Anything to change? Any thoughts? I am using this jeep as my daily driver as well.

Wrangler Unlimited JK

LEFT HAND DRIVE

SET FOR DANA 30

DOOR)

Looks like a pretty solid build... Might want to do some more research on the suspension kit though. Looks like a pretty incomplete kit for 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketCityRubi View Post
New gears?
Yea, 37's are gonna really bum you out if you don't change the R&P's out. 5.13's or 5.38's would be my recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmd Garage View Post
Upgrade your ball joints
You are going to need some shocks
YUP but prob not right out of the gate. Might want to look at that and front inner sleeves, C-Gussets at the same time you do BJ's but do it before you trash the front end. AS far as shocks go I'd look at the Fox stuff, its good and can get as crazy as you want as far as performance/price.

Fox Performance Series

Fox Factory Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin4979 View Post
Two door or 4 door? You don't necessarily have to lift your JK 4 inches to clear 37's (unless you want to)

But I'd definitely agree with the gears comment above.
Yup... a 3" kit/3" bumpstop extesions with aftermarket flares will clear 37's. Running that same set up right now on out 12' build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCdawg View Post
chromo axle shafts, front and rear

I bent a stock rear flange on my first wheeling trip with 37's and twisted it as well. When I pulled the shaft out I was really surprised how much the stock shaft twisted without breaking...but that won't last long.

4" of lift is a lot on a 2dr. You could do 2.5 and flat fender flares

what is the backspace on those wheels?
Agreed... The front and rear shafts will have issues with 37's. RCV makes some nice stuff. The rear axle listing seems to not be listed on our site now but I have our IT department looking into it now but are $1500 for the pair. Give us a call if you want some more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjeepN View Post
With a 4" lift you’re going to have a big bump steer (death wobble) problem. Make sure your track bar and drag link stay parallel to each other. When I did my 4" lift, I got the JKS track bar bracket which not only moves the track bar up, it provides backbone support and relocates the steering stabilizer. I then had to get the Teraflex draglink flip kit, these two together fixed my death wobble completely. Also I got the Teraflex rear trackbar bracket. Without these brackets or welding whatever brackets you do get, you will run the risk of ripping the stock trackbar brackets off the axle. I ran 37s on a locked D30 for 2 yrs before I upgraded to a D44, no major issues. Get trail spare axle shafts.
YES... Any thing over a 3" kit should be addressing the steering issues with some sort of high steer/axle side trackbar relocation kit. Here is a link to the one we make at Synergy. Using just an adjustable trackbar aint gonna cut it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #9 of 13 Old 03-18-2013, 03:39 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostymarine View Post

Wrangler Unlimited JK

LEFT HAND DRIVE

SET FOR DANA 30

DOOR)

Sorry, TeraFlex stopped offering JK driveshafts last month. Take a look at JE Reel/Adams or Tom Wood's. Here's a TeraFlex 4" Kit that is more complete http://www.teraflex.biz/jk-4-suspens...rm-system.html

801-713-3314
post #10 of 13 Old 03-18-2013, 04:03 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeraFlex View Post
Sorry, TeraFlex stopped offering JK driveshafts last month. Take a look at JE Reel ...[/url]
JE Reel has always done us right....

Here is a link to some stuff @ frostymarine

JE Reel

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #11 of 13 Old 03-18-2013, 04:32 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

Big fan of Coast for driveline needs. They are a tad on the expensive side, but as they say, you get what you pay for. As far as I know, they are on of the only major driveline shops that refuse to use any Chinese parts as many places are doing to reduce costs. Plus... I beat the fuck out of mine and never had an issue.
post #12 of 13 Old 03-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Granite Guru

I am doing everything I can think of to mine on Thurs and Fri to get it ready for the ranch in NM. The one thing I did not see mentioned yet is the new Fox Performance Series Adjustable Through Shaft (ATS) steering stabilizer. Got mine in for the install and must admit it is going to be fun to see how well this dude works! It has 24 clicks of adjustments------I guess if you wanted to-----make it real stiff for running off road and then dial it back down for the hwy..

This is my first Jeep but have run highly modified trucks my whole life and the death wobble thing concerns me so am making sure that everything is right so it will not happen.

2013 Rubicon
2014 Denali 6.2L
NRA Life Member
post #13 of 13 Old 03-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Rock God

Take a look at our Adams Driveshafts. Only $665 for front and rear. If you want to upgrade to a solid Spicer u-joint then they come in at $735 front and rear. Adams only use parts made in the USA by Neapco and Spicer.

http://stomperoffroad.com/jk-front-r...ive-shaft.html

We can also put great package deals together if you would be interested in a TeraFlex, Synergy, or Rock Krawler lift.

STOMPER Off-Road
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode