length of front TF bumpstops - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-13-2013, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

length of front TF bumpstops

Anyone happen to know the length of the bumpstops that come with the 2.5" Teraflex spring lift? I am putting in my draglink flip this weekend. I have 4" of lift with the TF bumpstops and the instructions state I need a minimum of 3" bumps.

2010 Surf Blue Unlimited

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-13-2013, 07:35 PM
JKO Addict!

What lift do you have?

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-13-2013, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I have a frankenlift. RK mid arms, RK 3.5" springs, TF 1" spacers front and rear, TF 2.5" lift bump stops front and rear, and TF brake line drop brackets.

2010 Surf Blue Unlimited

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-13-2013, 07:50 PM
JKO Addict!

I'd not guess at it. Get the rig on stands, pull the springs & the factory and added bump stops, leave the shocks attached. Slowly raise the axle with two floor jacks until you either run out of shock travel, or something hits the frame, etc. Measure from the upper bum stop tube to the lower bump stop pad. Add 1" (or less, your call) and that's your bump stop length. Ideally you'd do it with the wheels & tires attached, too.

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-13-2013, 10:26 PM
Rock God

This says the fronts are 2.75" extensions

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16197_1010.htm

And I have a Synergy flipped draglink with the Teraflex 2.5 springs/bumpstops and the draglink barely clears the frame at full flex. You should be fine with your set up. If you do need more up travel you could notch the frame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode