NSG370 M/Trans rear output seal... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-10-2013, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

NSG370 M/Trans rear output seal...

UPDATE - Aaaarg. So get this,... replaced my transfer case input seal, which seemed to be the cause for the slight leak, and... it's still leaking! Any ideas, anyone? Wasn't any play in the input shaft from what could be seen or felt... But obviously something isn't right? Anyone have any suggestions or ideas here? Should I just find a new transfer case or get this one rebuilt? Or...? Suggestions please. :I

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I know it's probably wrong, but I'm double posting this....

Anyone know the part number for a replacement? Be it a MOPAR, TIMKEN, or other?! Went to two dealerships and they couldn't find the correct seal.. Really in need of one since mine's leakin'. Oddly enough, this has been the hardest part to track down that I've ever come across.

Last edited by Morey; 03-14-2013 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Update..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-10-2013, 01:08 PM
JKO Addict!

Re: NSG370 M/Trans rear output seal...

Probably only available w the purchase of a new transmission

Gl

Is this thing on?

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #3 of 10 Old 03-10-2013, 02:02 PM
JKO Addict!

Do you have mild seepage around your bellhousing, is that why you are looking to replace?

I have had that since I got my JK at 21K. I am now at almost 40 now. I understand it is pretty common

2008 Black 2Dr 6spd D30/44
RK 2.5 X-Factor | Synergy tie rod | 35x12.5 MTRK's | BFH front | Genright rear | Yukon 5.13's | ARB front locker | Warn M8000 w/MasterPull synthetic | Rigid 10'' E-series
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 03-10-2013, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I have... mild sweating/leakage coming out the weep hole between the transfer case and transmission. It's pretty mild though... Maybe a few drops every couple days so far.

Oddly, I think Chrysler put ATF in my transmission last time they did the 1st gear syncro TBS... and then a week ago I drained the red fluid and put in the proper clear NSG370 fluid and shortly after... leakage!

Anyways, yes.. slight leak. Doubt more than a drop or two has actually hit the ground yet.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-10-2013, 06:45 PM
JKO Addict!

As stated, I think seepage at the bottom of the transmission (bell housing) is considered "normal". IDK I may be wrong, but I think that most 6 speed owners here would state they have some seepage as well.

RK 2.5 X-Factor | Synergy tie rod | 35x12.5 MTRK's | BFH front | Genright rear | Yukon 5.13's | ARB front locker | Warn M8000 w/MasterPull synthetic | Rigid 10'' E-series
post #6 of 10 Old 03-14-2013, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

UPDATE - Aaaarg. So get this,... replaced my transfer case input seal, which seemed to be the cause for the slight leak, and... it's still leaking! Any ideas, anyone? Wasn't any play in the input shaft from what could be seen or felt... But obviously something isn't right? Anyone have any suggestions or ideas here? Should I just find a new transfer case or get this one rebuilt? Or...? Suggestions please. :I
post #7 of 10 Old 03-14-2013, 05:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Give a bead of silicone a shot-

Is this thing on?

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #8 of 10 Old 03-14-2013, 05:30 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morey View Post
I have... mild sweating/leakage coming out the weep hole between the transfer case and transmission. It's pretty mild though... Maybe a few drops every couple days so far.

Oddly, I think Chrysler put ATF in my transmission last time they did the 1st gear syncro TBS... and then a week ago I drained the red fluid and put in the proper clear NSG370 fluid and shortly after... leakage!

Anyways, yes.. slight leak. Doubt more than a drop or two has actually hit the ground yet.
As far as I knew transfer case and tranny run atf+4 is there a big difference on fluids I'm in a 08 2 Dr auto I have the same small amount of trans fluid dripping

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
post #9 of 10 Old 03-14-2013, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Bead of silicon on the seal? As in the middle of the seal where the input shaft would spin in it? Suppose that might help slow the leak... Really just want remedy the problem, not just Band-Aid it. Might start looking for a rebuilt/used/new transfer case. Shame the NV241OR is so pricey to replace.

As for you akjk, seeing as you run an AUTO it probably IS ATF+4 in the tcase and tranny. Seeing as I run a 6 speed, it's ATF+4 in the tcase, and Chryslers special blend for the standard trans.
post #10 of 10 Old 03-15-2013, 04:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Forget about it and move on. You are going to drive yourself nuts trying to eliminate a leak that will most likely never be eliminated. Keep an eye on the fluid level

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode