Poly Performance Rear Shock Mounts - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 12-23-2007, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
TrailDuty.com

Poly Performance Rear Shock Mounts

I eventually got around to installing some Poly Performance Rear Shock Mounts yesterday.

They can be set in one of three positions depending on your shocks, travel, etc. Although any of the three positions would have worked for me, I opted for the middle position, as going any higher would have left my lower RockRunner control arms exposed, and although that wouldn't be a big deal, I decided on the middle position.

Installation is relatively easy, I used a 4.5" cutting wheel on a grinder to remove the stock brackets and a sawzall to remove the bottom of the brackets.

I lost just over an inch off the bottom of the control arm mounts (nearly 2" on the higher setting), which doesn't sound like much, but considering how I was just catching them all the time before, I think it is definitely worth it.

While I had everything apart I also messed around with coil spring positions to help reduce the curve in them from having the axle rotated up, and significantly reduced the curve in the springs.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 12-25-2007, 02:18 PM
Granite Guru

These look like a nice product. I'll be putting mine on in a couple weeks. I have the tera 2.5 BB now and planned on using stock rubi shocks and using the highest setting. I guess the only thing I'll loose is some axle droop but it'll be nice to gain the clearance there as it's all scraped up already.

07 Rubi Unlimited , 4.5 clayton longarm, 37" Maxxis treps, AtoZ fabrication, Genright, and Polyperformance
post #3 of 17 Old 12-26-2007, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve&2jc's View Post
I guess the only thing I'll loose is some axle droop
Not much I'm guessing. Raising the shock mount 2" will pretty much neutralize the 2.5" lift in terms of shock travel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 12-26-2007, 09:11 AM
Granite Guru

That's kinda what I figured too. I'm sticking to lower level trails for the most part so I don't think it'll affect me much. I may just trim it at the middle setting first and see how that works. I can't put the metal back on after it's trimmed off.

07 Rubi Unlimited , 4.5 clayton longarm, 37" Maxxis treps, AtoZ fabrication, Genright, and Polyperformance
post #5 of 17 Old 12-29-2007, 09:12 AM

What Lift and shocks are you using. And what size tires are you running.
post #6 of 17 Old 12-29-2007, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by tincored View Post
What Lift
The lift is now a hybrid of several. Poly 4.5" springs, RockRunner lower control arms, Poly upper control arms, Teraflex rear track bar bracket, Poly front track bar bracket, and Poly drag link.

Quote:
and shocks are you using.
Fox 2.0 Emulsion, 11" travel. JKS bar pin adapters at the rear and JKS stud eliminators at the front. I also have a Fox 2.0 stabilizer.

Quote:
And what size tires are you running.
36x13.50x17 Irok radials, but about to change to some 37x12.50x17 BFG KM2's.
post #7 of 17 Old 12-31-2007, 12:54 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to RedRockJK Send a message via Yahoo to RedRockJK

I need to get motivated and get the ones I bought from you installed. Lookin' good Phil.

2007 Rubicon Unlimited: MODS: Superior 5.13 Gears, Black Diamond 3" Lift, 1" M.O.R.E. Body Lift, FT Rear Adj. Trackbar, 15x8 ION 170 wheels, 37x12.50x15 Goodyear MT/R's, Superwinch EPi9.0, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, IGGEE Black/Charcoal seat covers, relocated muffler (Magnaflow 11376).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 17 Old 12-31-2007, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRockJK View Post
I need to get motivated
I was kind of the same, had them laying around for a while. It seemed like a lot of work, but once you get started it really isn't.
post #9 of 17 Old 12-31-2007, 07:05 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to RedRockJK Send a message via Yahoo to RedRockJK

Yeah, I also need to install the Crown stainless brake lines my wife bought from you, remove my rear Full Traction adj track bar and install my BDS drop bracket and stock track bar, change my oil, and rotate my tires.

2007 Rubicon Unlimited: MODS: Superior 5.13 Gears, Black Diamond 3" Lift, 1" M.O.R.E. Body Lift, FT Rear Adj. Trackbar, 15x8 ION 170 wheels, 37x12.50x15 Goodyear MT/R's, Superwinch EPi9.0, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, IGGEE Black/Charcoal seat covers, relocated muffler (Magnaflow 11376).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 17 Old 12-31-2007, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
TrailDuty.com

It's good to be busy
post #11 of 17 Old 12-31-2007, 08:24 AM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
The lift is now a hybrid of several. Poly 4.5" springs, RockRunner lower control arms, Poly upper control arms, Teraflex rear track bar bracket, Poly front track bar bracket, and Poly drag link.
Yo Phil, it would be a good idea to switch up to the rear trackbar bracket we have to help get the rear suspension roll center up higher, closer to the front. It should help handling and feel on the road and off.

Dropping the mount at the frame has the opposite effect (lowering the roll center) compared to moving it up at the axle.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #12 of 17 Old 12-31-2007, 10:37 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIG View Post
Yo Phil, it would be a good idea to switch up to the rear trackbar bracket we have to help get the rear suspension roll center up higher, closer to the front. It should help handling and feel on the road and off.

Dropping the mount at the frame has the opposite effect (lowering the roll center) compared to moving it up at the axle.
I'm interested in this also PIG. I'm running the same setup. I have your front trackbar relocation bracket in the front and the Teraflex bracket in the rear. What do you have?

I drove on the highway this weekend in some pretty strong wind and noticed I was getting blown around pretty bad. Would this be a side effect of raising the roll center or would raising the roll center in the rear to match the front help?
post #13 of 17 Old 12-31-2007, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIG View Post
Yo Phil, it would be a good idea to switch up to the rear trackbar bracket we have to help get the rear suspension roll center up higher, closer to the front.
I know, it's on my list of things to do...
post #14 of 17 Old 01-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorHead View Post
I'm interested in this also PIG. I'm running the same setup. I have your front trackbar relocation bracket in the front and the Teraflex bracket in the rear. What do you have?

I drove on the highway this weekend in some pretty strong wind and noticed I was getting blown around pretty bad. Would this be a side effect of raising the roll center or would raising the roll center in the rear to match the front help?
You definitely want to keep the rear roll center higher than the front. I would really recommend a rear axle track bar relocation bracket be used in conjunction with a front axle track bar relocation bracket. Using just an adjustable front track bar with a rear axle track bar relocation bracket also works well with a 3" lift.

Those of you that think you know everything really annoy those of us that do!
post #15 of 17 Old 01-01-2008, 08:09 PM

Question

My 2008 Rubicon should be in any day now but I have lots of questions. I was going to insall a 4" Tera flex kit and go from there. I have a TJ with a rubicon long arm & my own trianglated upper on the rear. Do you guys think the arms on the JKs are long enough without the long arm kits. I really dont want to do this twice. What do you guys think. I will be running 37s with 513 gears. I know alot about TJs but nothing about JKs, any help?
post #16 of 17 Old 01-02-2008, 05:11 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tincored View Post
My 2008 Rubicon should be in any day now but I have lots of questions. I was going to insall a 4" Tera flex kit and go from there. I have a TJ with a rubicon long arm & my own trianglated upper on the rear. Do you guys think the arms on the JKs are long enough without the long arm kits. I really dont want to do this twice. What do you guys think. I will be running 37s with 513 gears. I know alot about TJs but nothing about JKs, any help?
TeraFlex has been around a long time and makes pretty good stuff...... However, if you take a look at the kit you are looking at it really does not address the issues that arise from lifting the JK properly.

The factory position/lengths of the arms are enough to lift 4-5 inches IMO.

Not sure if you have seen our offerings but here is a link to our Stage 2 kit that includes the front and rear track bar relocation brackets.

Stage 2 Synergy Suspension System---->

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #17 of 17 Old 01-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Wheeler

You guys at poly are breakin my balls. For the love of god please make a 2" coil kit with your components. After my TJ with an RE 4.5 long arm kit I have decided to stick with a 2" with a body lift on my JK to keep COG low and less stress on my drivetrain. I love your guys kit but help out use little fellas abit and do a 2".

Jeep: 07 Wrangler X 2DR Black
Crime Guard Alarm with 2way pager, AFE CAI, DynaPro Exhuast
M.O.R.E. Body Lift, Source Co2 Tank, Stubbied Stock Front Bumper
KMC XD 795 Hoss Black 17" wheels and Maxxis Bighorn 305/70/17 tires
Every mod in the write up section.

Old Jeep: 04 Wrangler X Yellow Built To The Hilt For Three Great Years.

POLISH JEEP OWNERS CLUB #2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode