JKOwners Forum banner

Crap - Clutch Slave Cylinder issues

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ZOSO-Green 
#1 ·
Went out this morning and noticed a puddle under the JK. Fluid coming out of Bell housing and side of housing all wet around Slave Cylinder. Check the Brake Fluid and sure enough its low. Dealer wants $98 for new one but at least its in stock so I can replace it tomorrow.

42K miles on JK ... TOB goes at 37K and now the Cylinder at 42K ... and of course nothing under warranty because any clutch component is not covered on the the Liftetime Warranty.

OK .. done bitchen now ..

#5 ·
FYI .. if you want to be smart and keep one on hand so you don't have to pay crazy dealer prices when yours fails ...

The replacement parts is:

centric 138.67015

They can be had all over the internet (including Amazon) for about $40. I plan on ordering one as a spare ....

#6 ·
Wish I would have saw this thread a long time ago and had one on standby. :beer:

Just gave the stealership my $100... Only one that had it in stock before Monday.
(RockAuto had it for $35 but could not get it to me til Wed.)

Anyway I got it installed, bled the shit out of it, but I only have about "half pedal".
I know this seems to be an issue, but has anyone found a fix?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.