Speedo fix and tranny shift points??? What to do??? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 12-06-2007, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Speedo fix and tranny shift points??? What to do???

I'm taking the Jeep in tomorrow for the brake recall and while its there I was gonna ask them to reflash the ECM for the bigger tires. They said they can do a "pinion factor adjustment" and that will fix the speedo but they don't think it will affect the tranny any. Then I read this thread and saw the someone paid $90 for the reflash and that there's the AccuPro available as well.

What should I do? Has anybody had this done from the dealer lately? Did it work? $$$$ ??? Should I just get the programmer and do it myself?

2007 JK Unlimited Rubicon. Superlift 4", ProComp extreme alloys, 35" MTZ's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-07-2007, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

So nobody's had the dealer do this? Or got any feedback on the AccuPro or other programmers?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-07-2007, 07:10 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to RedRockJK Send a message via Yahoo to RedRockJK

The Accupro works great. I have my speedo dead on now, and the tranny knows when to shift correctly now since the speeds are correct with the RPMs.

2007 Rubicon Unlimited: MODS: Superior 5.13 Gears, Black Diamond 3" Lift, 1" M.O.R.E. Body Lift, FT Rear Adj. Trackbar, 15x8 ION 170 wheels, 37x12.50x15 Goodyear MT/R's, Superwinch EPi9.0, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, IGGEE Black/Charcoal seat covers, relocated muffler (Magnaflow 11376).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-07-2007, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Well it looks like I may have to go that route anyhow. The dealer said they can't fix it after all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode