Supercips Programmer Installed - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-03-2009, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Supercips Programmer Installed

Got the Super Chip programmer today. I like it! Easy to use and I felt a seat of the pants difference. Even with 5:13's mines been a dog over the last couple of days since putting on the 37's. Ofcourse Im driving a brick in 30 mph winds.

I set it on the 89 octane setting and found no detonation or pinging. You hit the throttle and it goes. It also appears to have gotten rid of the lag that happens when you push the gas. I'll have to play with it some more but there are fan settings, performance settings, transfer case settings for front and rear, tire and gear settings and I think Im leaving a couple out. Plus unlike the competition it comes with a USB so you can download updates.

I actually went to the R&D location and picked it up. They came out and programmed it for me and walked me thru it. I like their customer service.

We're giving a couple of these away at Jeep Beach so hopefully a couple of you will walk away with one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Granite Guru

Sounds good. I checked out their web site and couldn't find anywhere that it said that this thing actually changes the fuel/air ratio. Most of the features don't apply to a stock X Jeep with a manual transmition. I change my own shift points and my speedo is right on. All I want to do is give this thing some bottom end. I sure would like to see some real data and not just hype. Show me the numbers Superchips and I might be a customer as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode