ProComp Xtreme M/T another evaluation. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-01-2009, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

ProComp Xtreme M/T another evaluation.

As most of you know I put the 35" Xtreme M/Ts on in late August and did a small write up after the first snow. At that time I was quite impressed with them.

Now with more then 20,000 klm on them and probably the worst snow storm of the year I am still impressed. Yesterday we got over 2 feet of wet sticky snow and the Jeep just motors on through the unplowed roads. Most roads still are not plowed today so we'll see how it goes later. Got some major snow drifts in the drive and may not be able to make it through them. Won't be for lack of tire but rather ground clearance. This snow is heavy enough to hang her up on the belly pan if I get too deep. I will certainly be buying these tires again for all my trucks..

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited, Dual Tops, MyGig, Tow pkg, Trax-Lok Rear Diff,
Mods -- 3.5" Rock Krawler front springs, 2.5 TerraFlex BB rear, Mopar D44HD/J8, OX Locker, RCVs, 37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on ProComp 7069, AEV Premium front bumper, Smittybilt X2O 12K Comp winch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Wheeler

i have 37 procomp xtreme mud t and i was blown away at the traction i got. My boss called me the other day and he had tried to get his fullsize 2wd suburban down this dirt road to the back of his storage. The road is about 150yrds from pavement to pavement and we had rain the day before and the morning of. he said he started getting tire spin about 25yrds in but he was already committed so he tried to gun it. well needless to say he had slid side ways down a slight slope and was in danger of crashing into a fence but stopped about 2feet from his drivers side. He siad he had spent about 1hr trying to get himself out but only managed to bury the burban to the doors. So he called for a rescue. When i got there, i putted thru in two wheel drive to get a better look at his situation and he was stuck in about 2ft of sticky mud. I turned around and handed him to strap to anchor his front bumper to my rear hook. I wasn't going to get out and get muddy since he was already covered head to toe. once connected I dropped it into 4Low and it was amazing!! I felt the tires dig in and with no spinning at all crawled right out of the mud with his big ass SUV in tow. got him out and then went back in and tore it up real good for about a half hour trying and trying to get stuck. i on't like mud but hell the tires were already muddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode