dual steering stabilizer - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 03-26-2009, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

dual steering stabilizer

has anyone tried a dual steering stabalizer...unnesscary but just curious on results. pref the bds kit..but any input.

"Duca Brothers Customs"
2008 Rubicon, (Dana44s locked), 5" BDS adj. suspension lift, 2" BDS body lift, 15x10s, 37x14.50 15 toyo mt, custom painting, river raider bumper/highlift mount, Pioneer touch screen, custom system (3) 10s, hd reel driveshaft, Rock Krawler hd steering/tierod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 03-26-2009, 12:19 AM
Granite Guru

Went to their website. I did not see that they make the dual for the JK? http://www.bds-suspension.com/produc...stabilizer.php

2008 Rescue Green Unlimited Sahara
TF LA 3"
37" GY MT/R's
Manual/4.88's
post #3 of 18 Old 03-26-2009, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

they def do but its under a custom build kit you select as an upgrade. anyone try a dual setup?

"Duca Brothers Customs"
2008 Rubicon, (Dana44s locked), 5" BDS adj. suspension lift, 2" BDS body lift, 15x10s, 37x14.50 15 toyo mt, custom painting, river raider bumper/highlift mount, Pioneer touch screen, custom system (3) 10s, hd reel driveshaft, Rock Krawler hd steering/tierod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 03-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Rock God

Dr.Dirty has one, i helped to install it but for the life of me i cant remember which one it is. He is out at Calico for the My Jeep Rocks IDTT event, i'll PM him and ask for ya.

Andy
post #5 of 18 Old 03-26-2009, 11:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishlinewest View Post
Dr.Dirty has one, i helped to install it but for the life of me i cant remember which one it is. He is out at Calico for the My Jeep Rocks IDTT event, i'll PM him and ask for ya.

Andy
Rough Country, Chad Enochs, contact him.
post #6 of 18 Old 03-29-2009, 09:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

yes sir i have the rough country dual kit and im happy with it

www.jeepasylum.com
post #7 of 18 Old 03-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Granite Guru

Ordered mine thursday! finally cover up that death wobble.... just the waiting part sucks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- SELF PROCLAIMED CANADA'S #1 OFFROADING SITE!

2008 JK RUBICON
5" Skyjacker
2" BDS Spacers
40x18x15 Boggers
15x10 Beadlocked Black Rock Rims
JE REEL Drive Shafts
TeraFlex Adjustables
Rugged Ridge Vests/Daystar Dash/Raingler Grab Handles
post #8 of 18 Old 03-29-2009, 10:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONVICT View Post
Ordered mine thursday! finally cover up that death wobble.... just the waiting part sucks.
eeek

Don't band-aid that dude, figure what is causing it.
post #9 of 18 Old 03-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Garage

X2

BTW.. Moose512 runs the BDS dual stabilizer. Overkill x 1000.

°lllll°

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #10 of 18 Old 03-29-2009, 10:47 PM
Granite Guru

i had the death wobble and replaced the stock stabilizer X2 due to leaking when i replaced the stock tires no more problems? // i got the duel stabilizer and like the stiffness in the steering i never liked the go kart feeling that the stock stabilizer gave

07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" RC SPRING LIFT/HYDRO SHOCKS/1"M.O.R.E BL/1" front leveling pucks/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75/HIGH LIFT/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
post #11 of 18 Old 03-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
eeek

Don't band-aid that dude, figure what is causing it.
Please not another lecture on this. I know what the problem is, lack of castor/wheel balance/very little play in the drag link/upper control arm busings are sh*t too. I know what the problem is and the death wobble is very slight. But with 40" boggers that stock SS wont hold up to the challenge.

2008 JK RUBICON
5" Skyjacker
2" BDS Spacers
40x18x15 Boggers
JE REEL Drive Shafts
TeraFlex Adjustables
post #12 of 18 Old 03-30-2009, 06:44 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONVICT View Post
Please not another lecture on this. I know what the problem is, lack of castor/wheel balance/very little play in the drag link/upper control arm busings are sh*t too. I know what the problem is and the death wobble is very slight. But with 40" boggers that stock SS wont hold up to the challenge.
sounds like an excuse

To go to hydro assist
post #13 of 18 Old 03-30-2009, 07:18 AM
Granite Guru

hydro assist never priced it but im thinking NOT CHEAP the RC DUEL SS is around $130 and like i said before it gives a stiffer feeling

07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" RC SPRING LIFT/HYDRO SHOCKS/1"M.O.R.E BL/1" front leveling pucks/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75/HIGH LIFT/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
post #14 of 18 Old 04-09-2009, 12:27 AM
Granite Guru

Got my RC Dual Kit today, I installed it in less than 30 mins... can only say this....

BUY THIS KIT.

Seriously, night and day difference. Any jeep with any amount of lift should have it. Cleans up any and all play in the steering wheel and better feel than back when my jeep was stock. Really couldnt be happier with it. No bump steer, pot hole steer, or death wobble!!

BUY IT.

2008 JK RUBICON
5" Skyjacker
2" BDS Spacers
40x18x15 Boggers
JE REEL Drive Shafts
TeraFlex Adjustables
post #15 of 18 Old 04-10-2009, 05:24 PM
JKO Addict!

Here is my band-aid--

With tires that measure a true 38" tall and weighing in at 115lbs each, an upgraded stabilizer is in order!
Attached Images

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
Hi Tread MT 37x12.50x16.5 $150 ea!
post #16 of 18 Old 04-10-2009, 05:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100dollarman View Post
Here is my band-aid--

With tires that measure a true 38" tall and weighing in at 115lbs each, an upgraded stabilizer is in order!
Nice bandaid Did you make that from two stock ones?

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #17 of 18 Old 04-10-2009, 05:49 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Nice bandaid Did you make that from two stock ones?

Not the stockers--- 2 part number SC2915 from NAPA - about $37 each, just stacked 'em and welded 'em! Flat blacked 'em.

no one ever accused me of bling!

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
Hi Tread MT 37x12.50x16.5 $150 ea!
post #18 of 18 Old 04-11-2009, 11:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100dollarman View Post
Not the stockers--- 2 part number SC2915 from NAPA - about $37 each, just stacked 'em and welded 'em! Flat blacked 'em.

no one ever accused me of bling!
Cool, great price too.

Ya' never know, flat black may be the new bling

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode