supercharger - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 03-23-2009, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

supercharger

I recently ordered an avenger supercherger. suposed to be here this week any body have any opinions/experience with them. does anybody know if the aev heet hood will fit instead of putting scoop on oem hood?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 03-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Granite Guru

Cool that the Avenger SC is finally available, but I don't think you're going to be real happy about chopping up your AEV hood. I was told they wouldn't fit with the AEV hood. You didn't think to ask before purchasing it? Definitely post up how you like it once it's installed though.
post #3 of 17 Old 03-23-2009, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

i just have the oem hood, but if it would fit i was thinking of getting the aev hood. will post when its done. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 03-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Rock God

Send a message via MSN to bfj aka tambil

Links and pics Bro....
Do they use a "black-box" or how do they interface with the ecu?

I have been very happy with the Ripp supercharger package.

Proud to be an American
Shamed of our government

Native Floridian = MUD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 Old 03-23-2009, 08:34 PM

Congrads Bro!!! I been looking between that and the Ripp but that still 6 to 7 months away. Plus the AEV HOOD is just a thing of beauty. To the man who will have a JK we all want. Good Luck and cant wait to see the finished product!!!You Da MAN!
post #6 of 17 Old 03-23-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfj aka tambil View Post
Links and pics Bro....

I thought "not sure" that they used a piggy back ecu which made install fast and easy and keeps the ENGINE light off...But ??? I may be wrong
post #7 of 17 Old 03-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFTED&LOADED View Post
I thought "not sure" that they used a piggy back ecu which made install fast and easy and keeps the ENGINE light off...But ??? I may be wrong
Ripp uses a box that intercepts the ecu signals and keeps everything working light free..(and Ripp has done a great job on this) I just wondered myself about the Avenger unit and if it uses the same method or something else.

Proud to be an American
Shamed of our government

Native Floridian = MUD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 17 Old 03-23-2009, 08:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Congrads Bro!!! I been looking between that and the Ripp but that still 6 to 7 months away. Plus the AEV HOOD is just a thing of beauty. To the man who will have a JK we all want. Good Luck and cant wait to see the finished product!!!You Da MAN!
Why dont you go buy one for your fake rubi or you can just wait and still his pics

www.jeepasylum.com
post #9 of 17 Old 03-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Rock God

Ouch, yeah after reading the other threads I was suprised to see him chime in honestly.

nah nah nah nah nah nah, I made you eat your parents - E.Cartman
post #10 of 17 Old 03-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Gee and here I thought your girlfriend was buying you the Ripp kit for your birthday? Or was it your mom? Or was it going to be bought with your tax return? Oh and which JK would it be going on? The Sahara with Rubicon decals or the Rubicon you posted up pictures of the second time around and claimed to be your own and then claimed you never posted pictures of any jeep that wasn't yours. lol
post #11 of 17 Old 03-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfj aka tambil View Post
Links and pics Bro....

Avenger uses a UniChip which is included in the price.

The AEV hood will not work according to Avenger. Supposedly the new hood from COP4x4 and/or Burnsville may fit. Call Jack at Avenger and ask him. Hell you could just cut a hole in the hood and leave the top of the blower sticking out - that would be different!

Let us know how you like it. I'm especially concerned about the torque down low thru 3000 rpm.

08 JKU Rubi, GM 6.2 LS, 6L80 6 sp automatic, Atlas 4 sp TC, Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear and in front PR60 w RCV shafts, DynaLock w Stub hubs, 4.88 gears and ARB Lockers, 4.0" lift, Synergy Long Arm, King coilovers, 40" Nitto's, Hutchison Rock Monster wheels, GenRight alum bumper and fenders, GenRight 20 gal aux gas tank, PSC steering, Warn Zeon 12K.

2nd Jeep is a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland with a 5.7 Hemi, Quadra-Lift Suspension and Quadra-Drive II. My wife says I can't do anything to it!
post #12 of 17 Old 03-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Rock God

Hey, thanks for the input.. I am running the Ripp and just getting used to it. havent even broken it in yet. But enjoy it.

Next engine upgrade will be a hemi when this engine is dead....lol

Proud to be an American
Shamed of our government

Native Floridian = MUD
post #13 of 17 Old 03-24-2009, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Yeah i spoke with jack when i ordered it. they use the unichip. they used a jk with 5:13 gears and 37's got over 80 hp on dyno at wheels. the wife even thought a sc was a good deal she thought it was a gutless pos also i thought of just leaving it stick out of hood but then some jackass in a 1980 trans am would want to race at every stop light lol thanks for the hood option i will check it out
post #14 of 17 Old 03-24-2009, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

was the ripp a huge improvement have you had any problems with it, how about axles or drive shafts. i have allready replaced ds front axle. the ujoint clip popped off and reamed out the hole dealer said under a load it happens due to bad design they had allready replaced several under warranty i guess driving thru 3 feet of snow is to much i was surprised i figured they would say 37's voided warranty they said only true fix is to get aftermarket axles thanks mopar for the cheap parts
post #15 of 17 Old 03-24-2009, 09:02 AM
Rock God

Clifton at Spyder Lock Wheels has an Avenger Supercharger on his JK and the AEV hood would not fit. Had to cut a hole for it to fit.

post #16 of 17 Old 03-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-my-tj View Post
Yeah i spoke with jack when i ordered it. they use the unichip. they used a jk with 5:13 gears and 37's got over 80 hp on dyno at wheels.
That is a good number for 37's at 4.5-5.0 of boost. It apparently is easier to get big numbers running smaller rubber. Given the losses and added to the original HP numbers that probably translates into 320 or so at the engine. I'd like to see what it would do at around 7 psi.

08 JKU Rubi, GM 6.2 LS, 6L80 6 sp automatic, Atlas 4 sp TC, Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear and in front PR60 w RCV shafts, DynaLock w Stub hubs, 4.88 gears and ARB Lockers, 4.0" lift, Synergy Long Arm, King coilovers, 40" Nitto's, Hutchison Rock Monster wheels, GenRight alum bumper and fenders, GenRight 20 gal aux gas tank, PSC steering, Warn Zeon 12K.

2nd Jeep is a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland with a 5.7 Hemi, Quadra-Lift Suspension and Quadra-Drive II. My wife says I can't do anything to it!
post #17 of 17 Old 03-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-my-tj View Post
was the ripp a huge improvement have you had any problems with it, how about axles or drive shafts. i have allready replaced ds front axle. the ujoint clip popped off and reamed out the hole dealer said under a load it happens due to bad design they had allready replaced several under warranty i guess driving thru 3 feet of snow is to much i was surprised i figured they would say 37's voided warranty they said only true fix is to get aftermarket axles thanks mopar for the cheap parts
First problem, I was running the Hypertech program, and had to remove it. ( I believe the Ripp box expects stock parameters, so the performance ones messed this up)

Then I had to install an update, it was easy and made everything much smoother. Lots of extra power, especially around 3k rpm.

Last is the water/ methanol injection. That chit is hard to find in Florida where we really never see a winter. Its recommended to use -35 or -50 window washer fluid... Took me three weeks to find a store that had two in stock. The parts guy thinks they get it occasionally by accident. lol

Now I am going through the "break in" period that the ecu needs to "learn" so about two weeks and I could tell you much better.

fwiw, I run 37's and 5.13 gears, and am adding the mbrp cat back as soon as it gets here. Stock d30 and rear d44, running a JE Reel up front and custom (local) DS in the rear. (Keep those joints greased)

Even with ANY aftermarket performance mod.... give yourself about 800-1000 miles before passing judgement. The ECU really does need this amount of driving before it settles in and everything works to max. (I know its been an arguable point, but it has been proven in the real world)

Avenger seems to have a very solid reputation.

Proud to be an American
Shamed of our government

Native Floridian = MUD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode