Centering Steering Wheel with Procal - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-17-2009, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Centering Steering Wheel with Procal

Lookin' forward to some weekend projects. Has anyone used the AEV Procal to center their steering wheel yet? How does it work? Is there a light or chime that tells you when it's centered?

BEER Helping me do stupid things to my JK since 2007!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Wheeler

I actually just did mine yesterday. If you are inside the jeep, the high beam indicator comes on if centered. If is too far to the left the left blinker shows, and if too far to the right the right blinker shows. On the outside, if centered both the left and right blinker are illuminated. If too far to the left, then that blinker illuminates and vice versa for the right.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-17-2009, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepn View Post
I actually just did mine yesterday. If you are inside the jeep, the high beam indicator comes on if centered. If is too far to the left the left blinker shows, and if too far to the right the right blinker shows. On the outside, if centered both the left and right blinker are illuminated. If too far to the left, then that blinker illuminates and vice versa for the right.
Welcome to the forum and thanks!

BEER Helping me do stupid things to my JK since 2007!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 03-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Wheeler

thanks ! and your welcome
post #5 of 9 Old 03-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Rock God

What other things does the procal do and did you do them?
post #6 of 9 Old 03-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2BDrty View Post
What other things does the procal do and did you do them?
as far as what I have done.... I have disabled my tpms, reprogrammed my tire size, and enabled daytime running lights.

Some of the other features here is what aev website says...

Large tire recalibration (Restores the vehicle's speedometer/odometer accuracy following the installation of larger-than-stock tires)
Axle gear ratio recalibration (Resets automatic transmission shift points to maximize the benefits of an axle gear ratio change)
Tire Pressure Monitoring System recalibration

Note: Lowering a vehicle's tire pressure below that specified by the vehicle/tire manufacturer may create unsafe handling characteristics. AEV assumes no responsibility for a vehicle's handling characteristics or the safety of the vehicle's occupants.
Daytime running lamp activation/deactivation, and lamp location selection
One-touch turn signal activation/deactivation
Engine idle speed options (Improves winch performance and battery charging capabilities by temporarily increasing engine idle RPM)
Steering wheel centering (Provides for spot-on steering alignment)
Clears Engine Diagnostic Codes
post #7 of 9 Old 03-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Rock God

Don't forget enabling / disabling the electronic swaybar. I just disabled mine the other day after selling it. Good tool!

Jeff
post #8 of 9 Old 05-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Granite Guru

Just complete my first DIY 3" lift on my JKU! I need a drink

Takes a shop one day, took me a week! Hour-here, hour-there after work and getting the wife's honey-dos out of the way.

I plugged my ProCal in with the ignition on, engine off and the high beam indicator came on immediately. Head-lights outside were not on and I didn't see any turn-signal indicators on ... inside or out. Prior to this, I drove around making several steering wheel adjustments. So now I'm using the ProCal to verify my handy work.

When I moved the turn-signal lever the jeep beeped twice. Does this mean the steering is centered from the computers point of view?

Thanks for any responses.

2015 JKU Copper-Brown Rubicon (aka: No Name Yet)
24-yrs Air Force Retired

Last edited by AZMyke; 05-06-2012 at 07:07 PM.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Wheeler

Just did mine this past weekend with the procal. I had engine running when I made the adjustments. had my 10yr old tell me when the high beam indicator lit up. Most of the procal functions are done with just the key on. I believe the engine has to be running to center the wheel and raise the idle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode