expensive mistake? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-14-2009, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

expensive mistake?

so today i ordered my new tires(33" mickey thompson baja mtz) and new rims (16"atx predators)....but now im going to through some buyers guilt and im rethinking if mtz's i got was unnecessary considering its gonna be more of a mall crawler....and ofcoarse the guy tried talking me into the atz's but of coarse i was super stuborn and had my mind set on the mtz's....was this a costly mistake? they wont wear down THAT fast will they????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-14-2009, 05:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954jeepin View Post
so today i ordered my new tires(33" mickey thompson baja mtz) and new rims (16"atx predators)....but now im going to through some buyers guilt and im rethinking if mtz's i got was unnecessary considering its gonna be more of a mall crawler....and ofcoarse the guy tried talking me into the atz's but of coarse i was super stuborn and had my mind set on the mtz's....was this a costly mistake? they wont wear down THAT fast will they????
my 2 cents - since you said this will be more of a mall crawler...go return them and get the atz's. The mtz will be louder on the road and they will wear down faster... by how much I don't know....
post #3 of 9 Old 03-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Rock God

I run 35x12.50R15 MTZs on my LJ and they don't wear as fast as you would think. I have around 35K miles on it mostly highway and they are only worn to about 65-70%. They do get noiser as they chunk and wear but most off road tires will do that if they are abused. Plus the rear fender wells are cut out right now so I hear them more...

I say keep them. You'll be glad you did when you take it off road.

James

JKOWNERS Member Discount Available at:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Click the link to automatically apply the current offer!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 03-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

I had somr drinls ANd don't care right now. I would say a jeep is about having it the way you want it. yah, maybe an all terrain makes more performance since but honestlt most of the wear on my muds have come from offroad. on road they will wear just fine. just not as much traction on the ice...get what you want
post #5 of 9 Old 03-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Granite Guru

Stop second guessing yourself. All terrains just don't seem right on a Wrangler. Enjoy what you have, take it offroad whenever you can, earn the inevitable scratches that will happen and know the story behind each one. It's a Jeep thing.

KD8NHC
08 4 Door Rubicon
Member of Two Trackers 4wd Club
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
United Four Wheel Drive Associations
post #6 of 9 Old 03-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Alec W

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954jeepin View Post
I agree with you, and further, suggest this is not the right forum for you. Try a more subdued forum like JK-Forum.com that caters more to delicate flowers and mall crawlers.
post #7 of 9 Old 03-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

lol, Alec, have I ever told you that you are one of my favorite posters, loll
post #8 of 9 Old 03-15-2009, 04:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec W View Post
I agree with you, and further, suggest this is not the right forum for you. Try a more subdued forum like JK-Forum.com that caters more to delicate flowers and mall crawlers.
dude... thats just wrong.
post #9 of 9 Old 03-18-2009, 06:36 AM
Rock God

Garage

The infamous inter-forum bashing again...
When will it ever stop?

Aren't we all Jeep lovers after all?

Now... About this Yellow Hummer...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode