Which Lift for 2dr? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
View Poll Results: Which LA Lift is Best for a 2dr (3.5" to 5.5")?
Rubicon Express 10 23.26%
Teraflex 24 55.81%
Full Traction 0 0%
Rock Krawler 3 6.98%
Other 6 13.95%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-13-2009, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Which Lift for 2dr?

I know this has been debated but I want to see what people say all in one post and please provide your lift experiences and pictures. I am looking to go with one of the following long arm lifts out there from 3.5" to 5.5".

The brands I am narrowed down to are:

- Rubicon Express
- Full traction
- Teraflex
- Rock Krawler
- Other

If you have some other ones I should consider I am all ears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-13-2009, 08:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

PolyPerformance's long arm should be available soon
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6163

If you can't wait, Teraflex makes great stuff too and have great customer service

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Rock God

Garage

Black Diamond. Had mine on for almost 2 years and no problems at all. No sag at all. Kit included EVERYTHING
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 03-15-2009, 01:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to njjk08

you should check out Clayton too. I love my suspension. Havent' really had any issues at all with it. Control arms are like baseball bats. You can beat the hell outa them

WHoops...

Okk.... I'm just learning how to read. I just noticed you were talking about long arm kits sooooo forget my suggestion. In that case.. my vote is for Terraflex. I've been eyeing up there 6" Long arm kit.

Chris.....

Building a BIGGER and BETTER Jeep
post #5 of 10 Old 03-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Rock God

Garage

I currently am running a TeraFlex LA kit and I can't say enough good about how it rides and handles. Granted mine is a 6" LA but the components for the most part will be the same.

The thing feels rock solid on the road and corners way better than you would imagine. The amount clearance goes without saying being 6" and all but the articulation is awesome. The suspension does great on the trails and I don't have any binding, interference or rubbing that I can tell. I am looking forward to this summer to get some more trails runs in but with out the top and doors.

I have been running it since september/october of '08. I have made several road trips of 1500+ miles since the install and I am very pleased with the freeway manners it has now over what it used to be like with the short arms.

The customer service that I receive from the guys at TeraFlex PLUS has been awesome as well. They don't give me any reasons to shop anywhere else but aren't unwilling to point me to somewhere if it is by chance something they don't have/sell or do... but that doesn't happen to often.

I am very happy with the TeraFlex LA system and would highly recommend it. I can't say that I have heard anything bad about either the Rubicon Express or the Rock Krawler kit but I have no personal experience with them either. I have seen several JK's with the RE LA kit and they seem to be pretty happy with it as well.

Good luck with your choice.

(*edit)
On a side note, I am not sure how your River Raider sliders mount but I have the Shrockworks sliders myself and they required some slight modification to fit up with the LA bracketry.

Last edited by scrogg; 03-15-2009 at 02:38 PM.
post #6 of 10 Old 03-16-2009, 01:03 PM
JKowners Vendor

I voted, but won't post my reasons why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrogg View Post
(*edit)
On a side note, I am not sure how your River Raider sliders mount but I have the Shrockworks sliders myself and they required some slight modification to fit up with the LA bracketry.
The River Raider sliders I've seen mount to the side of the body, nothing down below or to the frame. I don't know if RR offers more than one style, but if it's that one there won't be any interference.

801-713-3314
post #7 of 10 Old 03-21-2009, 02:13 AM
Wheeler

teraflex all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 10 Old 03-21-2009, 03:39 AM
Granite Guru

I have the Rubicon Express fitted on my 4dr, and the ride is great, been fitted for 9 months now no problems.

JK X Unlimited 3.5" RE Long Arm Lift, RE Drivelines, Rugged Ridge 17 x 9 Steel Wheels, 35" Mickey MTZ's, Bushwhacker Flares, 4.10 ratio, Rugged Ridge Front & Rear Bumpers.
TJ Wrangler 3.5" RE Lift, ARB's 4.56 ratio 33" Tyres
TJ Wrangler 5.5" RE Long Arm Lift, ARB's 4.56 ratio, 35" Tyres
XJ Cherokee 5.5" RE Lift, ARB's 4.88 ratio 35" Tyres
post #9 of 10 Old 03-21-2009, 08:31 AM
Rock God

I vote Teraflex just because of their customer service. Cant put a price on that!

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
post #10 of 10 Old 03-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Wheeler

All of the above. I don't think you will have made too big of a mistake with any of the listed brands.
The mistake to made is the height. Make sure and think about how much weight you will be adding. If you plan on adding winch/bumpers etc....I would say go about an inch taller than your looking for.

I have the RE 3.5 and had to change the rear springs to 4.5s with the added weight of the rear bumper/carrier/rack system.

Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode