Is it possible to install the mopar limited-slip on an X - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-13-2009, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

Is it possible to install the mopar limited-slip on an X

I did a search and could not find anything. I want to install the factory limited slip into my X that did not come with it. Aslo I do light 4-wheeling mostly gravel roads and some sandy areas, as I'm a wildlife photographer, and I was wondering if it would just be better to go with an elctric locker instead? The reason I'm looking at the factory limited slip is that my dealer told me the arb locker would not fit in my Danna 44 rear. Does anyone know if this is true?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-13-2009, 07:54 AM
Granite Guru

There are very few JK's that come off the line with an open rear axle. I find that odd. Shoot me you last 9 of vin and I can tell ya what you have in your rig.

If it is open, and you are paying to upgrade, you might as well go and get an aftermarket locker, lots of choices out there. There is a change in the axles from '07 JK to '08 an '09 JK's. That may be why thay say the ARB won't fit. I am pretty sure that ARB has made the needed chages to fit the NG Dana 44's.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-13-2009, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Prozack here in new jersey very few have liminted slip go figure?
I got a deal on mine from one on the lot. Any speafic one that you would recomend for me. I also was also told by the dealer they could not install the electric locker due to the fact that the case was to small. I will send you the vin #.
Thanks for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-13-2009, 08:31 AM
JKO Addict!

my '07 is completely open Last year I purchased a limited slip from another '07 owner (for $75). When we went to install it, we discovered there was a change made sometime during the '07 year run. My bolts were larger than the mounting holes of the LSD I had purchased
post #5 of 5 Old 03-13-2009, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

I was looking on Quadratec and they have three kits that I'm looking at.
ARB Locker with 35 spline axles, the Complete Danna 44 with the locker installed but I can't seem to figure out what LSD the Dana comes with, and whether it uses the pucks or a pin as the slip mechanism.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode