PP Front & Rear Track Bar Reloc Bracket Question. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-12-2009, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

PP Front & Rear Track Bar Reloc Bracket Question.

Trying to find out if you can run this brackets with a 2.5 lift. anybody running these. The Poly website says for 3 inch lifts but im just curious.
Attached Images

JKOutcast Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

you can run rear, the axle will just be shifted slightly te opposite way

The front you have to have the draglink flip
post #3 of 5 Old 03-12-2009, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Yeah i will get the flip kit but i needed to make sure before i get to pull the trigger.

JKOutcast Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

not 100% sure on the front with 2.5. I would say there isn't a need. The rear seems to have problems with welds breaking so it is a good idea to do it even if it leaves your axle off center a little bit. I have yet to see the front break. I think your geometry should be good at 2.5" the way it is without the bracket.

Are you having any DW or bump steer problems now?

If not, I think I would recomend just getting the rear.

YOu could ask somebody that has one how much it raises the trackbar mounting point and then you would be able to see how it would look. It is nice to have the trackbar closer to lhorizontal and it will raise the roll center. With that said, the track bar and draglink need to be parrallel with each other for proper steering geometry. The trick is to not look at the bars themselves but at thye mounting points and draw an imaginary line between them. TAke a look at your rig as all lifts are different. Detirmine where the draglink would be sitting flipped. Then youwil have a good idea if the bars will be parrallel if you used the bracket.

I know the rear bracket moves the mounting point up about 4"s. I would guess that the front moves the mounting point up the same distance as the draglink flip moves the draglink up but I have never seen the measurments on the poly one
post #5 of 5 Old 03-12-2009, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I might not even need the rear because the lift im getting soon includes the rear Track Bar reloc Bracket for the 2.5 I was just wondering if they would fit because down the road i know i will go bigger as everybody else. And wanted to get something now and dont worry about it later.

Thanks for your advise.

JKOutcast Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode