Suspension Guru Help Needed - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 03-12-2009, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Suspension Guru Help Needed

So This past weekend I built up my front end with the Mt. Logan sleeves, C-gussets, truss, PP front track bar bracket, etc.

I am running a TF 3" lift with spacers to level it out. Before this build up I had zero issues with my front end. No bumpsteer, no DW, nothing. Now I get bumpsteer. After much reading I think this is due to the trackbar bracket raising the trackbar, but the draglink is still low.

Will a draglink flip kit (http://www.teraflex.biz/products/jk-...-flip-kit.html) reduce or eliminate the bumpsteer?

Since I already have the axle mounted trackbar bracket, I assume I only need the flipped draglink.

Clueless

BIG RED JEEP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

Draglink and Trackbar geometry being off WILL cause DW and BS

You want your trackbar and Draglink to be as close to parallel as possible.

Don't look at the bar itself for lining 'em up. Look at the mounting points of the bars and draw an imaginary line.

It is hard to tell in that pic as it is flexed a bit, but you can see the axle end the trackbar is higher then the draglink where they mount and the tackbar looks lower then the draglink at the pitman.

Looks like if you flip the draglink you will be lined up just right

Last edited by WTF_LOL; 03-12-2009 at 11:15 AM.
post #3 of 11 Old 03-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Banned

BTW, love your front DS slip boot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 03-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF_LOL View Post
Draglink and Trackbar geometry being off WILL cause DW and BS

You want your trackbar and Draglink to be as close to parallel as possible.

Don't look at the bar itself for lining 'em up. Look at the mounting points of the bars and draw an imaginary line.

It is hard to tell in that pic as it is flexed a bit, but you can see the axle end the trackbar is higher then the draglink where they mount and the tackbar looks lower then the draglink at the pitman.

Looks like if you flip the draglink you will be lined up just right
X2... It looks like you raised the trackbar at the axle and are running the draglink in the stock position (under the knuckle and stock pitman arm). I reccomend the knuckle flip kit over a drop pitman.
post #5 of 11 Old 03-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Rock God

you've already stated what the problem is.

you have the poly trackbar bracket - rasing the axle end of the trackbar.....i would suggest looking at getting the poly draglink - which flips it to "knuckle-over." that is only step-one.

this would improve the steering geometry, by placing the draglink and trackbar at the same angle, as well as by raising the roll-center of the vehicle.
post #6 of 11 Old 03-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Rock God

on a side note.....

were there any fitment issues with having the RK truss, and the poly trackbar bracket?

i am considering both, but was wondering if they would both fit. any modifications needed.
post #7 of 11 Old 03-12-2009, 11:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i have the rk drag link and flipped it over it worked great but i really like the ICon suspension drag link

www.jeepasylum.com
post #8 of 11 Old 03-12-2009, 12:31 PM

As said above, the problem is definitely the that you relocated the track bar without relocating the drag link. Our Track Bar Relocation Bracket is intended to work with our Drag Link Flip Kit, so If you added that you're death wobble should be solved. If not, it would at least rule that out as the suspect.

post #9 of 11 Old 03-12-2009, 12:33 PM
TrailDuty.com

What everyone else said regarding keeping the drag link and track bar parallel. When you go high steer you generally get better steering also, raising the track bar at the axle end also raises your roll center, which improves handling.

A high steer drag link should solve your problem. I run the Poly Performance one and it works great and is much stronger than the stock one, i no longer have to adjust it every time I go off-road like i did with the stock one.
post #10 of 11 Old 03-12-2009, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF_LOL View Post
BTW, love your front DS slip boot!
???Your's gone? I ripped mine during this install. I was breaking more during the install than out on the trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnaught6 View Post
on a side note.....

were there any fitment issues with having the RK truss, and the poly trackbar bracket?

i am considering both, but was wondering if they would both fit. any modifications needed.

I welded (my buddy) the trackbar bracket on. It was cut and had pieces added. The truss has to be cut and grinded to fit right. I would probably suggest making your own truss if you can. For the price of it, I was expecting something a little more form fitting. But, I don't think they will interfere with eachother in stock forms.

Thanks all.

BIG RED JEEP

Last edited by H8T2W8T; 03-12-2009 at 12:59 PM.
post #11 of 11 Old 03-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8T2W8T View Post
???Your's gone? I ripped mine during this install. I was breaking more during the install than out on the trail

for some reason when I looked at it earlier it looked like it was just something wrapped around the DS. Now When I look at it it just looks like the normal stock one. I think I was just seeing things, lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode