Does the currie of road sway bar provide better tire clearance. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-11-2009, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Does the currie of road sway bar provide better tire clearance.

I have a 3 Inch Polly performance lift on my 2008 unlimited. They had to put 1 inch wheel spacers on to get the stock rear wheels back on. It seems the sway bar is the item that would hit the tire without the spacers.

Those of you who have the Currie off road sway bar, does it provide better clearance from the tire than the stock sway bar? Does it fit closer to the frame?

I am having trouble finding wheels with the right back space to solve the problem.

Owner 2008 JK Unlimited Rubicon. 3" Poly performance stage 3, 35" BFG KM2s Rock Hard full width bumpers front and rear, My Gig Lock pick, Rear view cam. Been off roading other types of vehicles for about 15 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Granite Guru

Yes, but with a 3" lift you should just run your Stock sway bar links and it will clear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We Supply the USA. Jeep BUILDER and Online JK Store.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Rock God

I believe there plenty of guys running 4.5" or less back spacing wheels clearing the swaybar links in the rear. I am in the same boat as you until I get my new wheels / tires. I have the 3" poly lift and my stock 6+" offset wheels. I am running adjustable Currie swaybar links. I adjusted them all the way to where the tire bead meets the rim. It clears no problem under all conditions including hard articulation. I am not running wheel spacers either. I am running 11" travel shocks and the swaybar is in no danger of inverting the links.

So... you could get adjustable links until you get your new wheels.

Guys - Jump in here with the specs on your wheels. Is 4.5" the maximum backspacing you can run without having rubbing issues with the swaybar link?

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007JEEP View Post
Yes, but with a 3" lift you should just run your Stock sway bar links and it will clear.
This will work unless you are running 11" travel shocks. Just think about your lift in terms of how much travel you have. Whether it is a 3" or 4" lift, you may have the same travel and your stock links could invert causing alot of problems. You need to cycle the suspension to see how the swaybar links perform.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Granite Guru

What sway bar do you have in the rear right now?

If you have the stock sway bar with after market links. Then it will hit.(with your 3" lift and factory wheels) you can overcome this by putting on your factory links. Don't worry as your shocks should limit the travel before the links invert.

If you have the currie anti-rock then adjust the links to there shortest point.

If you are thinking of purchasing the Currie Anti-Rock then go ahead and do so as it works fantastically well and you should have no issues with it.

Hope this helps

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We Supply the USA. Jeep BUILDER and Online JK Store.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode