Shrockworks Dual Hoop - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 03-11-2009, 05:18 AM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Ruskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 43
Posts: 792
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews
Shrockworks Dual Hoop



My LONG anticipated bumper from Shrockworks is going to arrive today! I'm very excited and I'll post pics as soon as it get here. It's a stubby with both hoops - winch and hood. The hoop loop is a much less choosen option, but being new to hard core wheeling (and having seen two roll-overs already) I'll take any extra protection I can get.

----------------------
Updated with pics
---------------------
The Prep and Install:







here is the one "fit" isssue:


this is not a big issue, but I will slide a small plate of metal inbetween and weld it to the frame to provide structural support to the hood loop.

- Ruskin
2.5"Tera, 34"Maxxis, Front Stubby, Cobra75, Flapless Seatbelts & Grounded Floormats

Last edited by Ruskin; 03-11-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Ruskin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 Old 03-11-2009, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Ruskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 43
Posts: 792
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Pics of Installed Front:





- Ruskin
2.5"Tera, 34"Maxxis, Front Stubby, Cobra75, Flapless Seatbelts & Grounded Floormats
Ruskin is offline  
post #3 of 25 Old 03-11-2009, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Ruskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 43
Posts: 792
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Pics of the rear previously installed:







- Ruskin
2.5"Tera, 34"Maxxis, Front Stubby, Cobra75, Flapless Seatbelts & Grounded Floormats

Last edited by Ruskin; 03-11-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Ruskin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 25 Old 03-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Rock God
 
Big A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kingman,AZ
Age: 46
Posts: 1,622
Feedback: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Big A

Totally beautiful!

I wish i had my Shrock tire carrier!

I need to sell my non carrier Shrock bumper because they wont sell the carrier by it's self!

Phase 1 Complete. Sold JK
Phase 2 Complete. Bought a Tow Rig
Phase 3 on-hold. Buying a trail rig. Thinking a TJ or XJ
Big A is offline  
post #5 of 25 Old 03-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Rock God
 
J. Kickerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bailey, CO
Posts: 1,136
Feedback: 0 reviews

I can't wait for my Shrocks to get here!

2009 JK Rubicon Unlimited. Rock Hard skids, Skidrow Control Arm Skids, Shrockworks bumpers. Pro Comp 2" Puck Lift.
J. Kickerman is offline  
post #6 of 25 Old 03-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Granite Guru
 
Preacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 53
Posts: 401
Feedback: 0 reviews

Damn... that front bumper is sexy....

--------------------
Preacher
REDRUM
2009 Wrangler 'X'
Preacher is offline  
post #7 of 25 Old 03-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Rock God
 
SimpleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 980
Feedback: 0 reviews

damn good looking bumpers. In fact I see only one problem with your rig - the Bucs logo!!! I was on the field for that last game at the Vet (working for the Eagles at the time) and I still can not forget

Other then that - cool Jeep!

Ron - 2010 Wrangler JK Sport 4dr - Dark Charcoal
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" Jimmy Buffet


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SimpleMan is offline  
post #8 of 25 Old 03-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Winter Haven, FL
Age: 47
Posts: 10,250
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
damn good looking bumpers. In fact I see only one problem with your rig - the Bucs logo!!! I was on the field for that last game at the Vet (working for the Eagles at the time) and I still can not forget

Other then that - cool Jeep!
That is my favorite Bucs game of all time. Better than the superbowl.

Trivia time. Who was the last player to score a touchdown from a pass thrown by an Eagles quarterback in the Vet? Give up???? Scroll down...



































RONDE!!!!





karnuvore is offline  
post #9 of 25 Old 03-11-2009, 06:20 PM
JKO Addict!
 
Grant211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Age: 43
Posts: 5,747
Feedback: 0 reviews

killer bumper.... i'm just trying to figure out what the license plate means...
Grant211 is offline  
post #10 of 25 Old 03-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Winter Haven, FL
Age: 47
Posts: 10,250
Feedback: 0 reviews

freaking awesome btw Ruskin...what kinda winch you dropping in there?



karnuvore is offline  
post #11 of 25 Old 03-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Rock God
 
SimpleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 980
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnuvore View Post
That is my favorite Bucs game of all time. Better than the superbowl.

Trivia time. Who was the last player to score a touchdown from a pass thrown by an Eagles quarterback in the Vet? Give up???? Scroll down...



































RONDE!!!!

Sad but true Karn...I was standing behind the end zone Ronde ran to and it - how to put it....IT SUCKED!!!

And again you are right about the bumper. Sorry about the wee little hi-jack

Ron - 2010 Wrangler JK Sport 4dr - Dark Charcoal
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" Jimmy Buffet


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SimpleMan is offline  
post #12 of 25 Old 03-11-2009, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Ruskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 43
Posts: 792
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnuvore View Post
freaking awesome btw Ruskin...what kinda winch you dropping in there?
I would like to drop a Warn PowerPlant, that would be sexy....but I'm out of funds. I had to sell the HD to get everthing so far, so now I'm probably going to wait and get something middle of the road.

- Ruskin
2.5"Tera, 34"Maxxis, Front Stubby, Cobra75, Flapless Seatbelts & Grounded Floormats
Ruskin is offline  
post #13 of 25 Old 03-11-2009, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Ruskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 43
Posts: 792
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant211 View Post
killer bumper.... i'm just trying to figure out what the license plate means...
it stands for - this was my wife's jeep and i stole it. She's the bucs fan.

- Ruskin
2.5"Tera, 34"Maxxis, Front Stubby, Cobra75, Flapless Seatbelts & Grounded Floormats
Ruskin is offline  
post #14 of 25 Old 03-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 6
Feedback: 0 reviews

I know the JK headlights are already crap, but does the grill hoop significantly cut the peripheral headlight beam?
mountainkrush is offline  
post #15 of 25 Old 03-24-2009, 08:00 PM
JKO Addict!
 
Mr.RonGilbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston
Age: 49
Posts: 9,140
Garage
Feedback: 6 reviews

The 2hoop kicks ass!! Nice job.

I have a Shrock rear bumper on the way (overdue) and see where the CB antenna mount is located - do you have any trouble getting a good SWR with the antenna location? And do you get good reception/transmission?

I went to a CB shop and they tried like hell to get a good SWR with the antenna on one of the Teraflex mounts (very nice and easy to install) but they could not.... I ended up moving it to the top of the 3rd brake light - out from in between the tire and hard top..... It is a little too high now and is gonna get tore up.... it barley made it through three days of wheeling...

(hijack over)
Mr.RonGilbert is offline  
post #16 of 25 Old 03-25-2009, 12:43 PM
JKO Addict!
 
SASQUATCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,316
Feedback: 4 reviews

Pretty cool man, glad you finally got it in. I've contemplated their rear stubby for some time now, with tire carrier and, gerry cans, etc, but not sure about hte wait and I'm local. LOD has a nice rear setup I've been looking at as well, almost $1k and 2 weeks lead time ...not bad at all.
SASQUATCH is offline  
post #17 of 25 Old 03-25-2009, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Ruskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 43
Posts: 792
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainkrush View Post
I know the JK headlights are already crap, but does the grill hoop significantly cut the peripheral headlight beam?
I didn't notice. But I wasn't trying to compare. So I guess the answer is not noticeably.

- Ruskin
2.5"Tera, 34"Maxxis, Front Stubby, Cobra75, Flapless Seatbelts & Grounded Floormats
Ruskin is offline  
post #18 of 25 Old 03-25-2009, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Ruskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 43
Posts: 792
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASQUATCH View Post
Pretty cool man, glad you finally got it in. I've contemplated their rear stubby for some time now, with tire carrier and, gerry cans, etc, but not sure about hte wait and I'm local. LOD has a nice rear setup I've been looking at as well, almost $1k and 2 weeks lead time ...not bad at all.
Now that shrockworks has completed their move to their new location, I'm not sure what lead times are. As good as the product is, they can't estimate delivery to save their life. I know they're frustated, we're frustated, but they seem to be working to fix that.

The rear is super strong. I've came off a small dirt ledge (2ft) and fell on the bumper...you can't tell, but it did make a loud noise. I've backed into things...nothing. So I'm very happy and would spend my money again.

It handles the 35" tire, CB & Hi-Lift very well. I want to get the rack and 2 can holders. I'm concerned about weight on the rack, but we'll see how it goes. If you think about the physics, it seems like a lot of weight at a good distance from the pivot point. I may be a late adopter. I really want it because I don't want to toss a dead pig or deer inside with me.

- Ruskin
2.5"Tera, 34"Maxxis, Front Stubby, Cobra75, Flapless Seatbelts & Grounded Floormats
Ruskin is offline  
post #19 of 25 Old 03-25-2009, 08:54 PM
JKO Addict!
 
Mr.RonGilbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston
Age: 49
Posts: 9,140
Garage
Feedback: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin View Post
Now that shrockworks has completed their move to their new location, I'm not sure what lead times are. As good as the product is, they can't estimate delivery to save their life. I know they're frustated, we're frustated, but they seem to be working to fix that.

The rear is super strong. I've came off a small dirt ledge (2ft) and fell on the bumper...you can't tell, but it did make a loud noise. I've backed into things...nothing. So I'm very happy and would spend my money again.

It handles the 35" tire, CB & Hi-Lift very well. I want to get the rack and 2 can holders. I'm concerned about weight on the rack, but we'll see how it goes. If you think about the physics, it seems like a lot of weight at a good distance from the pivot point. I may be a late adopter. I really want it because I don't want to toss a dead pig or deer inside with me.
I also ordered the rubi rack and can mounts. They looked great on the owners rig... they are going to offer a bottle holder mounting bracket as well - have not seen it personally but am sure that it will be nice.

When you order from Shrock you know that there is going to be a wait and that it is going to suck.... but you also know that you are going to be happy once it shows up and is on your rig...
Mr.RonGilbert is offline  
post #20 of 25 Old 03-26-2009, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Ruskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 43
Posts: 792
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RonGilbert View Post
I also ordered the rubi rack and can mounts. They looked great on the owners rig... they are going to offer a bottle holder mounting bracket as well - have not seen it personally but am sure that it will be nice.

When you order from Shrock you know that there is going to be a wait and that it is going to suck.... but you also know that you are going to be happy once it shows up and is on your rig...
when you say "ordered", do you mean you've already paid for them? I asked about ordering, but they said they are calling down the list and my number hasn't come up yet. I think this is part of there way to shorten time from money taken to delivery. Good practice on their part.

- Ruskin
2.5"Tera, 34"Maxxis, Front Stubby, Cobra75, Flapless Seatbelts & Grounded Floormats
Ruskin is offline  
post #21 of 25 Old 03-26-2009, 06:39 AM
Granite Guru
 
Alter Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 494
Feedback: 0 reviews

Is there enough room between the hood loop and the grill to remove the grill without removing the bumper?

KD8NHC
08 4 Door Rubicon
Member of Two Trackers 4wd Club
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
United Four Wheel Drive Associations
Alter Ego is offline  
post #22 of 25 Old 03-26-2009, 03:10 PM
JKO Addict!
 
njjk08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: the shore
Age: 40
Posts: 2,379
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to njjk08

looks great. I really wish they would make that but with a stinger in the front.

Chris.....

Building a BIGGER and BETTER Jeep
njjk08 is offline  
post #23 of 25 Old 03-27-2009, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Ruskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 43
Posts: 792
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Is there enough room between the hood loop and the grill to remove the grill without removing the bumper?
I've never tried to remove the grill. Here's pic of how much room you have to work with:




- Ruskin
2.5"Tera, 34"Maxxis, Front Stubby, Cobra75, Flapless Seatbelts & Grounded Floormats
Ruskin is offline  
post #24 of 25 Old 03-27-2009, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Ruskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 43
Posts: 792
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by njjk08 View Post
looks great. I really wish they would make that but with a stinger in the front.
Ya, I know what you mean. At one point I was thinking of waiting for Blue Torch Fab to come out with a kit. I like their TJ kit.

http://bluetorchfab.com/store/produc...&products_id=6


- Ruskin
2.5"Tera, 34"Maxxis, Front Stubby, Cobra75, Flapless Seatbelts & Grounded Floormats
Ruskin is offline  
post #25 of 25 Old 03-27-2009, 07:41 AM
Granite Guru
 
Alter Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 494
Feedback: 0 reviews

Thanks Ruskin, good write up.

KD8NHC
08 4 Door Rubicon
Member of Two Trackers 4wd Club
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
United Four Wheel Drive Associations
Alter Ego is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome