JKOwners Forum banner

MBRP Off Road Exhaust Qs.

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  spacemonkey 
#1 ·
So have a few questions about this exhaust. just to let you guys know it will be going in my 2010 JKU.

1. Will I need to get a heat shield for the evap?
2. Stainless vs Aluminum vs Black Aluminum?
3. Should I get it welded?
4. General thoughts about the exhaust?

I'm looking to loose the ugly muffler as well as maybe a few pounds. Besides that I won't mind a beefier sound but I don't expect it to sound like a V8. Plus I like the idea that the muffler will be in a place that it will be handed to damage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Well I decided to order the SS version. Mainly for the lifetime warranty. I know it will be shinny and a little heavier but my thinking was why pay more for a painted aluminum one that has a one warranty on the paint and three year one the exhaust. That plus reading the threads people says it chips easily. Can't wait for it to get here and put it on next Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I just a recently installed on my 2012 jku. Very simple install. Just a little wrangling with the isolators to get the stock off. I would use a nice soapy mix or some wd40 to lube them up before removing. Also I note that the hangers on the mbrp are a touch short IMO in the second to last isolator and they do not have that bulb end to hold them in which is good for install but makes it tricky to get them to seat properly for long term. But once it's all tightened up I think it's all good. I will retighten in a couple hundred miles. You don't need the shield for the evap unless you have. 2dr... The jku setup has plenty of distance.

Sound wise. On day one its gonna sound whinny and loud. As it breaks in it does mellow out but when you give it the pedal it still gets a little whinny... But hey it's a 6 cyl.

Over all I'm very happy... Much better rear end clearance and looks nice and tucked up and away better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.