Take a 2wd, yes a 2wd 4 door Jeep JK and turn it into a 4wd. Not just any 4 wheel drive but a head turning, 40" Tire'd, Dana 60'd, KING Coil-over'd JK using all bolt on components. And, since a project like this needs a theme. The theme and the Projects name will be the "Tacticle Assault JK"
Prefix: I need help! Not with the Build, but with Posting on a forum. I suck at it, so please help as I lack posting etiquette and I am lousy at posting pics etc.
2007 2 wheel drive 4 door Wrangler JK (X-model)
I purchased this vehicle used with 50K miles on it. Did this for a few reasons:
1) Low purchase price. Has high miles for a 2 year old vehicle and 2 wheel drives are cheaper that a 4wd.
2) Hell, I want to put on some KOOL parts so keeping the initial purchase price low will let me do this.
3) To show just how easy it is to make a 2wd into a 4wd. (I've read many posts where the owner of a 2wd has asked what it would take and the responses have been to trade in the 2wd on the purchase of a 4wd)
4) The use of Bolt on Parts as apposed to Custom Components: Custom fabrication is not within the relm of everyone, but a bit of cutting and drilling to make off the shelf components fit a JK is.
4) Hell, I want to put on some KOOL parts so keeping the initial purchase price low will let me do this.
The project name- "Tactical Assault JK"
Why not.... gotta have some fun with a build like this.
The build list:
Currie Rock Jock hi pinion Dana 60’s front and back
ARB’s Front and Back
KMC XD Spy Wheels 20 x 9 6 on 5.5
Toyo Open Country MT 40” x 15.5” x 20”
(Round ones- 'cause they roll better than the Square ones)
Teraflex Long arm
King Coilovers front and back
Currie Anti-Rocks front and back
1350 Drive shafts with 1350 CV’s
T-Case NV241J OR Rock Case
Warn Winch Dual Force
ARB straps etc.
Irish Whiskey - (Midicinal purposes only)
Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier:
Full line-up of Rockhard4x4
Gas / Oil / Trans / Evap
On Board Air
Kilby tank and fittings
Cobra CB 75 wx
Global Star Sat Phone
Lowrance Global Map GPS HDS-5m
On board Rock Camera’s front and rear
My eyes ,,, and ears for hearing the rocks my eyes didn't see
ARB Fridge Freezer
Custom Seat Upholstery
Acro HID’s (2 Floods-front bumper/ 2 Driving-windshield)
PIAA fog on rear
A host of Roto Pax...Hummm.... more one these to follow.
And more… I'm sure I am forgetting some stuff!