River city Offroad thx Marcus - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 02-26-2012, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

River city Offroad thx Marcus

Just ordered PSC sweetness can't wait I'll it gets here thx Marcus you are the man. Anybody have pointer in painting/bed lining all this steel and any problems with install thx again PSC and JKO hope to see everyone in Moab this April.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 02-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Nice! What is the lead time? I have some 2 door corners from them coming. Also got them from Marcus

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 24 Old 02-26-2012, 07:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Man, what an order! Sounds like some stuff I'd love to have! All I can say for bare steel, is self etching primer. Once you lay that down, I have bee known to use the some of the little "bondo" brand glazing putty to help smooth out minor imperfections before paint.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 02-26-2012, 07:15 PM
ADDICTION II build begins....

awesome! Congrats! And you are right...Marcus is the man!

U.S. Army
post #5 of 24 Old 02-26-2012, 07:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Man, I like that rear bumper. I wonder if it'd hold up my 41" Rocker with no issues... hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #6 of 24 Old 02-26-2012, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Marcus is telling me that I should have it first week in April which sucks because I wanted it all installed by Easter Jeep safari but I don't think that is going to happen.As to tire size there website says that it will hold up to a 42" tire.
post #7 of 24 Old 02-26-2012, 08:07 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Mix a little bondo to fill any minor pockets (not that I did that because I was lazy).
Self etching primer as Goody said.
Rustoleum has a nice textured finish which holds up pretty well.

Most important. Take your time!

Oh, and buy some nice folding metal saw horses. Those will make life easier. For 40-50 bucks, well worth it and they come in handy for other stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #8 of 24 Old 02-26-2012, 08:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Mix a little bondo to fill any minor pockets (not that I did that because I was lazy).
Self etching primer as Goody said.
Rustoleum has a nice textured finish which holds up pretty well.

Most important. Take your time!

Oh, and buy some nice folding metal saw horses. Those will make life easier. For 40-50 bucks, well worth it and they come in handy for other stuff.
Sawhorses are to place the bumper on to paint I assume?

2008 Black 2Dr 6spd D30/44
RK 2.5 X-Factor | Synergy tie rod | 35x12.5 MTRK's | BFH front | Genright rear | Yukon 5.13's | ARB front locker | Warn M8000 w/MasterPull synthetic | Rigid 10'' E-series
post #9 of 24 Old 02-26-2012, 08:12 PM
JKO Addict!

HOw long are you suppose to wait after applying the self etching primer to add the rustoleum? Im pretty sure I didnt wait long enough....Maybe thats why my PSC BFH seems to chip a little easy, but otherwise it came out pretty well....at least ill know for next time.

2008 Black 2Dr 6spd D30/44
RK 2.5 X-Factor | Synergy tie rod | 35x12.5 MTRK's | BFH front | Genright rear | Yukon 5.13's | ARB front locker | Warn M8000 w/MasterPull synthetic | Rigid 10'' E-series
post #10 of 24 Old 02-26-2012, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Anybody have pics of there PSC bumpers painted or bedlined I was thinking of doing the fenders with linex and the bumpers with duplicolor rattle can bedliner.
post #11 of 24 Old 02-26-2012, 09:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Now you just need some PSC corners

Cool deal man...post some install pics.

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
post #12 of 24 Old 02-26-2012, 09:43 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

I followed the directions on both cans to a tee, the temps here were perfect for set up, and I still get chips if I am not careful around edges. The Rustoleum spray liner is more like paint than some of the other alternatives like Duplicolor which is a lot more rubbery but has to be rolled on with a special roller.

The saw horses are great to set the bumper on so you can work the coating on in stages without having to move it and it's less likely that the piece will stick unlike cardboard. Nothing worse than having something that was a little tacky grow a tan beard because of cardboard. Galvanized sawhorses work well.

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
post #13 of 24 Old 02-26-2012, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I was just looking over at pirate and saw something called monstaliner looks like a pretty good product anybody over here have any experience with this stuff.
post #14 of 24 Old 02-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindean View Post
Anybody have pics of there PSC bumpers painted or bedlined I was thinking of doing the fenders with linex and the bumpers with duplicolor rattle can bedliner.
I would suggest UPOL Raptor bedliner. You can either get it in black or tintable. With the tintable you just pour in some color paint and mix. I have the black on my tub and color match my snorkel. One $109 kit is enough to do a tub. So maybe two at the most for all your stuff. All you need is an air compressor with a regulator you can turn down to 20-30psi. The UPOL dries as a hard textured finish. It dries to touch in a few hours and fully cures in 48 hours.

http://www.tptools.com/p/2600,233_U-...Liner-Kit.html

Also the duplicolor bedliner is a color match to the black when it dries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtual_mage View Post
.....a dark forum, were people would sometimes be rude but yet be helpful.
JK 2dr rubi

post #15 of 24 Old 02-27-2012, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymaster View Post
I would suggest UPOL Raptor bedliner. You can either get it in black or tintable. With the tintable you just pour in some color paint and mix. I have the black on my tub and color match my snorkel. One $109 kit is enough to do a tub. So maybe two at the most for all your stuff. All you need is an air compressor with a regulator you can turn down to 20-30psi. The UPOL dries as a hard textured finish. It dries to touch in a few hours and fully cures in 48 hours.

http://www.tptools.com/p/2600,233_U-...Liner-Kit.html

Also the duplicolor bedliner is a color match to the black when it dries.
THX i will give it a try i have a craftsman 80 galllon compressor so i think this might be the route to go since it comes with a spray applicator thx again
post #16 of 24 Old 02-27-2012, 08:43 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

I'm still going to say go with Rustoleum spray on liner.

I took mine out this weekend and drug my Brawler Rockers over rocks, made a stump shiny by rubbing them back and forth on it, and tore through an ATV trail that turned the edges of my flares brown from tree bark.

I'll touch them up once I get the mud off, but I don't have any raw material showing anywhere.

I sprayed the self etching primer and let it set overnight then went back with a few coats of the bed liner on mine.

post #17 of 24 Old 02-27-2012, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thx Marcus I have six cans of the rustoleum bedliner at home so maybe IF the parts ever get here haha I will give it a try. Any word from PSC maybe they will get the stuff here before EJS I know just wishful thinking.
post #18 of 24 Old 02-27-2012, 10:33 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Thx Marcus I have six cans of the rustoleum bedliner at home so maybe IF the parts ever get here haha I will give it a try. Any word from PSC maybe they will get the stuff here before EJS I know just wishful thinking.
Remember what I said? LOL

post #19 of 24 Old 02-27-2012, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
Remember what I said? LOL

Didnt you say that they were to busy building race cars to get my order out hahahahaha just joking. Marcus you are still the MAN thx for all your help. I just checked the tracking numbers you sent and the Tatton drivre shaft and rear seat covers should be here today thx again.
post #20 of 24 Old 02-27-2012, 12:31 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Didnt you say that they were to busy building race cars to get my order out hahahahaha just joking. Marcus you are still the MAN thx for all your help. I just checked the tracking numbers you sent and the Tatton drivre shaft and rear seat covers should be here today thx again.
I definitely remember that one coming from someone else's mouth.

post #21 of 24 Old 02-27-2012, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yea it was me being a smart ass
post #22 of 24 Old 02-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Granite Guru

Not sure if it makes a difference but I would clean the part good with alcohol first then hit it with the etching primer.
post #23 of 24 Old 02-27-2012, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Just got my rear tatton drive shaft very nice
post #24 of 24 Old 02-27-2012, 08:36 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGO View Post
Not sure if it makes a difference but I would clean the part good with alcohol first then hit it with the etching primer.
Forgot that step, I also wiped down the entire bumper with acetone first to remove finger and mfg. oils...

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode