Tribe 4x4 coilover mounts - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-24-2012, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Tribe 4x4 coilover mounts

Finally got 'em last weekend! Anyone have these that could possibly give me some measurements for instal say from the front of the frame rails or the back side of the front crossmember to get me in the ball park? And possibly any other tips for install. I know il have to tack them on and cycle the suspension and all that but it would be nice to have a place to start. Hopefully I'll be installing them in the next two weeks so I'd just like some pointers.

07 X 2dr- 6spd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-25-2012, 05:42 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

I think Dr.Dirty has them, hell i think he may have done a write-up. Maybe pm him and see what he can offer. Also post up some pics when you get started on this!!!

IndyORV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co4Lo View Post
We're not gonna play the pony tail faggot game here...
post #3 of 9 Old 02-25-2012, 10:23 AM
JKO Addict!

I was the first with them, very easy to see exactly where they mount, they only fit one way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 BRAVO
panama
kuwait
somalia
bosnia
cuba
now just kicking it as a civilian
I served so your lazy ass didnt have to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 02-25-2012, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008SLVRJK View Post
I think Dr.Dirty has them, hell i think he may have done a write-up. Maybe pm him and see what he can offer. Also post up some pics when you get started on this!!!
Will do! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECHAD View Post
I was the first with them, very easy to see exactly where they mount, they only fit one way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They only fit one way? What made it easy to see where they mount? Can you just move them front to back on the frame with the coil overs attached and just center the coilovers in the mounts? I know I'm probably asking stupid questions, but I wanna have an idea of what to do before I go to install lol.

07 X 2dr- 6spd

post #5 of 9 Old 02-26-2012, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Bump.

Would still like to get some info/measurements on installing the mounts. Just don't wanna eff things up lol.

07 X 2dr- 6spd

post #6 of 9 Old 02-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Granite Guru

Sorry Topgun, I just saw this thread. I usually mount them as far back as possible, but still clear the brakeline tab. These should give you a good reference.

Also, move the ABS lead to the bottom of the motor mount and drill a hole for the pushpin.

Heres a pic of the lowers.

Hope this helps, we are still working on a production coilover mount and instructions. They should be ready in about 2 weeks. Laser cut and cnc broke.
Adam

post #7 of 9 Old 02-26-2012, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribe4x4 View Post
Sorry Topgun, I just saw this thread. I usually mount them as far back as possible, but still clear the brakeline tab. These should give you a good reference.

Also, move the ABS lead to the bottom of the motor mount and drill a hole for the pushpin.

Heres a pic of the lowers.

Hope this helps, we are still working on a production coilover mount and instructions. They should be ready in about 2 weeks. Laser cut and cnc broke.
Adam
Awesome, thanks Adam! Love the mounts, they are works of art! Just want to make sure I do the install right, I know it probably isn't that difficult and its probably one of those things that will make sense when I'm actually mocking stuff up, but I wanted to have an idea of where to start going into it, just makes life easier.

07 X 2dr- 6spd

post #8 of 9 Old 02-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Granite Guru

I'm in the process of ordering up my mounts right now, been working with Ryon and partically Adam for a few weeks. Something I noticed in one of the previous pics is that the factory coil mount has been cut off. I like the look of a clean axle housing, but I was planning on using that mount as a bump stop pad for my air bumps.

Does nayone know with the lower coilover mounts does it allow enough clearance to leave on the factory coil mount or will it hit the coils on the coilover? It looks like it may be close or hit.

Here is a pretty good writeup that I have ben looking at. This may help you: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=967068

What are you running for your control arms?

I'll be doing a writeup of my install also, but mine will most likely be done after you get yours all done. I'm still collectiong parts.

Northridge 4x4 Krawl Off-Road PolyPerformance/Synergy Suspension
RockKrawler

08 JK unlimited - No groceries allowed
post #9 of 9 Old 02-28-2012, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAddiction View Post
I'm in the process of ordering up my mounts right now, been working with Ryon and partically Adam for a few weeks. Something I noticed in one of the previous pics is that the factory coil mount has been cut off. I like the look of a clean axle housing, but I was planning on using that mount as a bump stop pad for my air bumps.

Does nayone know with the lower coilover mounts does it allow enough clearance to leave on the factory coil mount or will it hit the coils on the coilover? It looks like it may be close or hit.

Here is a pretty good writeup that I have ben looking at. This may help you: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=967068

What are you running for your control arms?

I'll be doing a writeup of my install also, but mine will most likely be done after you get yours all done. I'm still collectiong parts.
Lol Ryon and Adam are both good guys. Been working with them for about 6 weeks to get my mounts, answer questions, etc. I'm probably going to cut off my lower coil mounts as it looks better and then just weld on some new pads. In fact just today I was talking with Jason at KOR about front cans and pads as well as the Daystar Stingers. Not set on anything yet but I need to order something soon. I'll try and see if I can take some pics during install too. I'll see if I have time to do a write up or not. As for control arms I'll just be running factory ones for the time being and eventually will upgrade to the synergy long arms (the rest of my lift kit is essentially the synergy stage 4 minus the long arms and brackets)

07 X 2dr- 6spd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode