AEV Hemi Exhaust & Rear Sway Bar Question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-24-2012, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Send a message via MSN to Rafic
Question AEV Hemi Exhaust & Rear Sway Bar Question

I have noticed that the rear portion of the Hemi exhaust is in contact with the rear sway bar. Would this cause any issues concerning movement/clearance? Would there be any damage incurred to either part down the line? Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. Its a pic from DSY's build as I couldn't take an illustrative picture on my rig. Comments and input appreciated! Thx!

HEMI 6.1L - 4.88 Gears - OME HD Lift - OME Steering Stab - Front & Rear RK Trackbar + Relocation Bracket - ARB Deluxe Front Bumper - Warn 9.5cti - IPF XS900 - 35" Cooper STT - 17" Ruged Ridge Wheels - ARB Diff Covers - AEV Rear Corner Guards - Mopar Rear Light Guards - Rugged Ridge Hi Lift Mount - Daystar Dash Top - Daystar Switch Panel - Pioneer AVH 4100 - 2x MB Quart Component Sets - 1x R.F. AMP - 1x Pioneer AMP - 1x Pioneer Small Sub Enclosure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-24-2012, 09:49 AM
JKO Addict!

umpossible. AEV is super engineered...

from the looks of it it could be close

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #3 of 7 Old 02-24-2012, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
umpossible. AEV is super engineered...

from the looks of it it could be close
Well I have this on my rig, exactly like the picture. The two are in contact, big time! Tried adjusting the exhaust fit, managed to clear it by a couple of mm, but after a while the exhaust settles back to that postion.

HEMI 6.1L - 4.88 Gears - OME HD Lift - OME Steering Stab - Front & Rear RK Trackbar + Relocation Bracket - ARB Deluxe Front Bumper - Warn 9.5cti - IPF XS900 - 35" Cooper STT - 17" Ruged Ridge Wheels - ARB Diff Covers - AEV Rear Corner Guards - Mopar Rear Light Guards - Rugged Ridge Hi Lift Mount - Daystar Dash Top - Daystar Switch Panel - Pioneer AVH 4100 - 2x MB Quart Component Sets - 1x R.F. AMP - 1x Pioneer AMP - 1x Pioneer Small Sub Enclosure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-24-2012, 09:56 AM
JKO Addict!

i'd bet you need to loosen the clamp on the muffler and rotate the tail pipe clockwise (relative to the view in the pic) a few degrees. that should lower that tail pipe enough to clear that sway bar.

post #5 of 7 Old 02-24-2012, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
i'd bet you need to loosen the clamp on the muffler and rotate the tail pipe clockwise (relative to the view in the pic) a few degrees. that should lower that tail pipe enough to clear that sway bar.
Tried that, and it clears just by a tiny bit. BUT, after a while it comes back to that position, the exhaust hangers that hold that portion of the pipe are very firm and are kinda forcing the pipe into that position. The hangers contribute the most to that position. Very annoying. I know I could create/add a dimple in the pipe but I was wondering if its normal or not and would cause issues if I let it be.

post #6 of 7 Old 02-24-2012, 10:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Does it rattle

post #7 of 7 Old 02-24-2012, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Does it rattle
No not at all, its laying firm on the bar and pipe by itself is very sturdy and very hard to budge

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode