Pads used in Teraflex BBK? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 02-24-2012, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Pads used in Teraflex BBK?

My Kit came with Hawk, I'd like to use something else. What vehicle should I search for thou. Can't find this info on their site. Help pls.

2008 JKU Rubicon; 6spd, RER, Flame Red, Dual Tops
35" MT on ghetto srt8 20's
AEV Front & Rear Bumpers, 3.5 Lift and other shiznit
Warn 9.5 TSI
LockPick and Rear Camera
Vivid Tune

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 02-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi_Kong View Post
My Kit came with Hawk, I'd like to use something else. What vehicle should I search for thou. Can't find this info on their site. Help pls.
I thought they used a dodge truck brake pad in the kit for a replacement. Just can't quite remember exactly which one.

You smell that?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 31 Old 02-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via MSN to Rafic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottenbelly View Post
I thought they used a dodge truck brake pad in the kit for a replacement. Just can't quite remember exactly which one.
I think Dodge Dakota pads. Not really sure, but im positive they are Dodge. I have a kit on order for my Hemi and 35" tires, should be here next week. Will confirm that when I have them, but im sure someone who has the kit will beat me to it

HEMI 6.1L - 4.88 Gears - OME HD Lift - OME Steering Stab - Front & Rear RK Trackbar + Relocation Bracket - ARB Deluxe Front Bumper - Warn 9.5cti - IPF XS900 - 35" Cooper STT - 17" Ruged Ridge Wheels - ARB Diff Covers - AEV Rear Corner Guards - Mopar Rear Light Guards - Rugged Ridge Hi Lift Mount - Daystar Dash Top - Daystar Switch Panel - Pioneer AVH 4100 - 2x MB Quart Component Sets - 1x R.F. AMP - 1x Pioneer AMP - 1x Pioneer Small Sub Enclosure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 02-24-2012, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I've been googling for days and read some believe it to be the Dodge Ram 1500 pad. I'm thinking I could carry the supplied pads into a parts store and match them up to confirm they are 1500 pads or not.

I'm a bit pissed, my teraflex hawk pads came in a Hawk yellow box with the part number shown

Well this is the stock jk brake pad, so someone recycled a box. I went ahead and ordered a better set of pads for the front which I can't use now.

Warn 9.5 TSI
LockPick and Rear Camera
Vivid Tune

post #5 of 31 Old 02-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
I've been googling for days and read some believe it to be the Dodge Ram 1500 pad. I'm thinking I could carry the supplied pads into a parts store and match them up to confirm they are 1500 pads or not.

I'm a bit pissed, my teraflex hawk pads came in a Hawk yellow box with the part number shown

Well this is the stock jk brake pad, so someone recycled a box. I went ahead and ordered a better set of pads for the front which I can't use now.
Oh damn! Unlucky! Maybe this is your chance to finally figure out which Dodge pads work. Maybe you can take the caliper with you to a Dodge dealership/service center or a parts store and have a techy identify which pads work.

HEMI 6.1L - 4.88 Gears - OME HD Lift - OME Steering Stab - Front & Rear RK Trackbar + Relocation Bracket - ARB Deluxe Front Bumper - Warn 9.5cti - IPF XS900 - 35" Cooper STT - 17" Ruged Ridge Wheels - ARB Diff Covers - AEV Rear Corner Guards - Mopar Rear Light Guards - Rugged Ridge Hi Lift Mount - Daystar Dash Top - Daystar Switch Panel - Pioneer AVH 4100 - 2x MB Quart Component Sets - 1x R.F. AMP - 1x Pioneer AMP - 1x Pioneer Small Sub Enclosure
post #6 of 31 Old 02-24-2012, 11:10 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Is this some kind of big secret, can't you just ask teraflex? Would be a big letdown to me if I couldn't buy replacement pads from anywhere I wanted in the future.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #7 of 31 Old 02-24-2012, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Is this some kind of big secret, can't you just ask teraflex? Would be a big letdown to me if I couldn't buy replacement pads from anywhere I wanted in the future.
Yeah right, been there dun that!!!! TF ignored that request. Their MC is the same thing too, was asking for specs on it and they got quiet, only saying 14% bigger. The MC I received had a bosch stamp on it. I'm sure its from something else.

Warn 9.5 TSI
LockPick and Rear Camera
Vivid Tune

post #8 of 31 Old 02-24-2012, 11:21 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
2010 Dodge 1500 brake pads, FYI these brake kits do not come from TeraFlex with Hawk Pads. We use our own in house performance pads.

You can buy them here: http://www.teraflex.biz/big-brake-ra...-included.html

801-713-3314
post #9 of 31 Old 02-24-2012, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeraFlex View Post
2010 Dodge 1500 brake pads, FYI these brake kits do not come from TeraFlex with Hawk Pads. We use our own in house performance pads.

You can buy them here: http://www.teraflex.biz/big-brake-ra...-included.html
who makes your in house performance pads for you?

Warn 9.5 TSI
LockPick and Rear Camera
Vivid Tune

post #10 of 31 Old 02-24-2012, 11:28 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
who makes your in house performance pads for you?
Not Hawk. The pads that come with these kits are not a stock pad, TeraFlex went for a more performance style pad instead. With the pads being the same as a Dodge 1500, you can find lots of replacement options for them.

801-713-3314
post #11 of 31 Old 02-24-2012, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeraFlex View Post
Not Hawk. The pads that come with these kits are not a stock pad, TeraFlex went for a more performance style pad instead. With the pads being the same as a Dodge 1500, you can find lots of replacement options for them.
I'm glad you don't use the hawk, but who? I'd really like to be able to weigh my alternatives on pad choice. $76 is a great price for the pads your offer assuming they are something superior or up to the level of other more expensive performance pads. Without knowing we have trouble judging use in our specific application and when considering other mods already in use (rear pads for example).

Warn 9.5 TSI
LockPick and Rear Camera
Vivid Tune

post #12 of 31 Old 02-24-2012, 02:59 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
I'm glad you don't use the hawk, but who? I'd really like to be able to weigh my alternatives on pad choice. $76 is a great price for the pads your offer assuming they are something superior or up to the level of other more expensive performance pads. Without knowing we have trouble judging use in our specific application and when considering other mods already in use (rear pads for example).
TeraFlex buys the pads directly from a manufacture plant that makes pads for several different brands of pads. Sorry that is about as much information as to what I can give out on these. I would find a Dodge 1500 forum and see what type of performance pads that forum members are using.

801-713-3314
post #13 of 31 Old 02-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Granite Guru

Rubi_Kong, when searching for pads, look for the ones with reference number D1084. Any pad with that designation would fit a 2010 Ram 1500 front axle, & probably cars and trucks from other manufacturers. Cheers!

post #14 of 31 Old 02-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Don't mean to hijack but what is the deal with Hawk pads? I thought that they made a good product. - not standing up for them just want to learn here.

/hijack over

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #15 of 31 Old 02-14-2013, 08:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

What about replacement rotors? Is there a local alternative?

The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.-Thomas Paine

See Garage for Mods
post #16 of 31 Old 02-15-2013, 07:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrogMech46 View Post
What about replacement rotors? Is there a local alternative?
2010 Dodge 1500?

I have the TF BBK. I'll see if I can find a Ram and visually compare them.

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

post #17 of 31 Old 02-15-2013, 08:10 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
2010 Dodge 1500?

I have the TF BBK. I'll see if I can find a Ram and visually compare them.
I believe the Ram bolt pattern is 5x5.5

The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.-Thomas Paine

See Garage for Mods
post #18 of 31 Old 02-15-2013, 03:54 PM
JKO Addict!

At first glance Ram 1500 calipers & rotors look very similar to the TF BBK, however I learned the rotor hat on the Ram is taller. The only way you'd know would be to buy a set for the Ram and roll the dice. The pads do work, however.

FWIW, I've had the TF kit on my '09 for quite some time now and its the fix, works great and is getting reasonable pad & rotor wear. Just get it and be happy. Get the master cyl, too, if you have one earlier than '10.

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.

Last edited by SoK66; 02-16-2013 at 09:27 PM.
post #19 of 31 Old 02-15-2013, 04:01 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
Don't mean to hijack but what is the deal with Hawk pads? I thought that they made a good product. - not standing up for them just want to learn here.

/hijack over
I'm with you, I have hawks on the rear and am due for fronts very soon. I have no complaints with the ones I have. Is there something else we should know about?

2007 Rubi Unlimited. Teraflex 2.5 lift + Fox shocks, Nitto Trail Grappler 35s on XD Addicts, 5.38s, Ten Factory rear shafts, Riddler diff covers, Purejeep front axle truss and Teraflex gussets, Tatton front driveline, Rugged Ridge Modular front bumper with XRC8 Comp winch, Superchips programmer, Volant intake, MBRP exhaust, Hella H4 headlight conversion, Body Armor "not so Extreme" Rock Rails, in-cab winch control,Best Top Trek Top.-Sold
post #20 of 31 Old 02-15-2013, 04:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I got word from Teraflex that the rotors are proprietary and there is no off the shelf substitute. There has to be an alternative somewhere that would work. I mean teraflex's rotors are reasonably priced but i like options.

I havent upgraded my master cylinder yet because i didnt think the pedal feel was as bad as others have said

See Garage for Mods
post #21 of 31 Old 02-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
I got word from Teraflex that the rotors are proprietary and there is no off the shelf substitute. There has to be an alternative somewhere that would work. I mean teraflex's rotors are reasonably priced but i like options.

I havent upgraded my master cylinder yet because i didnt think the pedal feel was as bad as others have said
Youre missing out. There is more untapped potential from this kit. I tried it without at first as well and then got the MC. Well worth the money.

2012 Rubicon Unlimited

Its almost done!!!!!!!!!!!
-Dan Jones
post #22 of 31 Old 02-16-2013, 09:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

The kit appears to be the same spec as the JK export option 13" rotors & dual-pison calipers. An Aussie lad on another forum got the part numbers & said most of the ones sold by his dealer in OZ were equipped with them. The BBK also looks suspiciously like the brakes on the J8 military JK. You'd have to source them through an Aussie dealer and by the time you paid freight, duties, etc. you'd probably be around the same price as TF BBK.

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #23 of 31 Old 07-15-2016, 07:30 AM

Replacement pads

Hi, I installed Teraflex kit on my 2016 Rubicon. pad info is 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. common reference stock# is 1084. I'm working on rotor info. Same ram truck rotor dia is 336mm or 13.23in. problem is truck uses 5x5.50 lug pattern versus 5x5' for jeep.
hope that helps
post #24 of 31 Old 07-15-2016, 07:43 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconRider View Post
Hi, I installed Teraflex kit on my 2016 Rubicon. pad info is 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. common reference stock# is 1084. I'm working on rotor info. Same ram truck rotor dia is 336mm or 13.23in. problem is truck uses 5x5.50 lug pattern versus 5x5' for jeep.
hope that helps
when I spoke to TF at a recent show they stated their rotor is the same spec as the BR6. Find that thread and it had a Wagner or Carquest number for a rotor. so you can get it off the shelf. IIRC Amazon stocks it for around $35 each.

That was my concern was replacement rotors and they helped me with that.

Edit - didnt see the date of the thread. Sok66 already said what I did.

2008 JKU: continual work in progress
post #25 of 31 Old 07-15-2016, 01:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Crown also sells the BR6 rotor. Or, you can get them OEM via Mopar. Used in several FCA vehicles.

FWIW, I run the TF BBK. I tried a set of aftermarket Ram 1500 pads and they did not compare favorably to the ones TF supplies.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode