Selectable locker choice for rubicon Fronts? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-22-2012, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Selectable locker choice for rubicon Fronts?

I have two axles I am looking at upgrading. Both are rubi d44's. One has RCV's with 32 splines. The other is stock. one locker is shredded. What choices do I have when it comes to selectable lockers? I just got off the phone with ARB and they do not make one unless you go up to the 35 splines. I don't need to upgrade axle shafts but need new lockers.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Granite Guru

You're out of luck. The choices are the expensive factory locker, or the 35sp versions of the ARB or ECTED. Unless you want to get into custom work to make something else fit, anyway.

On the plus side, the gentleman from Dynatrac has indicated that a new locker is in the works that will use the stock 30sp rubi shafts. Haven't seen any indication of what it is or when it will be released, though. Might be worth a PM to him.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-22-2012, 01:00 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenJK View Post
You're out of luck. The choices are the expensive factory locker, or the 35sp versions of the ARB or ECTED. Unless you want to get into custom work to make something else fit, anyway.

On the plus side, the gentleman from Dynatrac has indicated that a new locker is in the works that will use the stock 30sp rubi shafts. Haven't seen any indication of what it is or when it will be released, though. Might be worth a PM to him.
That is Ko-Rect.

OX makes one that will work too.

You could always sell your stock shafts and the RCVs and use the money toward the upgrade. The ARB is probably your best option, but it's not cheap.

If you go that route I'd go ARB + Nitro Shafts (they use the larger u-joint that are on your factory axle shafts vs the smaller 760x joint) + ARB's HD compressor and the pump up kit. You get a locker, new beefier shafts, and on-board-air that way.

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-22-2012, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Dammit!!!

Okay, is there an open carrier that will fit this axle? I have a stock rubi front I was saving for my '53 chevy but it really does not need the locker in it and I could pull it to use for now.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-22-2012, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Both of these JKs have rear D60s with ARBs. I was hoping to match them up and just throw an ARB in them both. Maybe I will do one now, save the stock shafts for the '53 and keep the rcvs the way they are for now.

So, who has a good price on everthing I need for the front of one?
post #6 of 6 Old 02-22-2012, 01:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Upgrade axles and I'll buy those RCV's, you'll hate them

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode