Bias Creepy Crawlers for light routine driving - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-20-2012, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Bias Creepy Crawlers for light routine driving

Considering Maxxis Bias ply Creepy Crawlers over Pitbull Rockers.

Since I really need a truck for work most of the time I don't drive the Jeep on a daily basis as much as I thought I would ... maybe to Jeep night occasionally ... so I'm thinking the Creepy Crawler 38.5X14.50-16LT might work out better for our rig. I do intend to drive the Jeep about 2 - 3 hours to the trails about 3 - 4 times each summer. I typically only drive about 60 - 65 mph.

So what do you peeps think... with this limited amount of driving would the bias Creepy Crawler's be a good or bad choice? Should I stick with the Rockers or Maddogs?

Also... our Jeep is set up to be towed behind an RV so for longer trips we will more than likely tow the rig on all fours. Do the bias ply present any problems with towing on all fours?

Forrest Grumpy
: "Life is like a box of dark chocolates. You never know what your going to get. But when you do, you find you don't like it anyway! "
JK's Rule! 2007 Sahara Hesco Supercharged ~TOYO M/T 35's ~ FabFours ~ 3" Teraflex Premium Shorty Lift~ ...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ezfriday; 02-20-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-15-2013, 09:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

bump for some answers on this...i am also curious to hear about these tires from anyone who is running them. I tend to shy away from bias plys due to the poor road manners, but lately my jeep sees less and less time on road.

How bad do the creepy crawlers flat spot? are they hell on the street? can i ever plan to go over 60 if i get them?

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #3 of 8 Old 01-16-2013, 08:06 AM
Rock God

Garage

Bump. I'm curious too....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-16-2013, 08:39 AM
Rock God

Garage

If you're planning on seeing much asphalt at all, this isn't the tire for you. I run the Trepador comp stickies which are a bit softer than the Creepy's, but the only pavement I put them on is crossing the road from trail to trail. The flat towing is a definite no also. Life on the asphalt for tires like these is less than 5,000 miles, keep them in the dirt and you can wheel them for years.

You say you already have a truck...think much about a trailer?
post #5 of 8 Old 01-16-2013, 09:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

the only road life mine sees is back and forth to the trails.

i am definitely curious about how bad these would be on an hour long drive or just in general on the highway. i can't seem to get a clear answer as to just why they are so bad for the street. i've never driven bias plys at highway speeds - just a few times on the trail when piloting other buddies rigs. i know if i were to run them on the street i'd rip through them like crazy, but 90% of my jeep's life is spent off road anymore.

another question - do these run pretty true or are they going to be a bitch to balance?

i'm between these, irok radials, irok bias, and possibly pit bulls

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #6 of 8 Old 01-16-2013, 10:14 PM
Rock God

Garage

They'll balance fine, the one time l rode my Treps on the highway I brought them up to 80, they're a bit loud. Point I was making is they'll be gone in no time if you're driving them to and from the trail. If that doesn't bother you, go for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 Old 01-17-2013, 04:44 AM
Rock God

If you are talking about the non-comp DOT tire it is great for all around driving.

I wouldnt run the sticky tire on the road.....but I dont think its offered in a 16 anyway.

Build Thread:

ACE Engineering
586-806-6641
[B]
post #8 of 8 Old 01-17-2013, 06:03 AM
Rock God

Garage

I had creepys on my old TJ for a while. I had to really heat them up before I had any decent traction offroad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode