My rear door storage - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-20-2012, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

My rear door storage

After a lot of reading and trying a hangar plate I decided to go with plastic pegboard. So far I have been really happy with how it turned out. The idea for it came from a forum post but I could not dig it up to give credit. Thought I would share a pic. On it are quickfists holding my gerber camp axe, my med kit, a multiblade kershaw (fillet, saw, etc). and an as yet unused pouch. MOLLE stuff is held on with zip ties. The med pouch pulls away from the velcro base so it is easy to put on and take off. It has a snap strap that holds it secure.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Rock God

Sweet! I did mine a few months ago. I get alot of compliments on it.
Sorry about the crappy pics.

Attached Images

Big B.

2011 4Dr Unlimited... Rubi springs & shocks, Rubi tires, JKS QD's, CoverKing Seat covers, Rugged Ridge trail doors, A.C.E. stubby bumper, A.C.E. Rock Rails, A.C.E. Hi-lift jack mounts, Superwinch LP8500.

1983 CJ7 LAREDO, AMC 360, 5" lift, 33's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CeeeJaySeven+JKU; 02-20-2012 at 08:29 PM.
post #3 of 10 Old 02-20-2012, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Very nice! I have fire extinguishers up on the roll bars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 02-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

That's a cool idea. I like how solid things are all tied down. Doesn't look like you'd have to worry about it flying in an accident.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 10 Old 02-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Rock God

where are you guys picking up this plastic peg board> It looks like you are just using some 5/16" selftapping sheet metal screws to attach it???

07' Unlimited X
PSC Bumpers F/R
8k Warn winch
2.5" RK Max Travel
35" MTR's
5:13 yukons
Sleeved/Gusseted front
Dynomax pre-axle exhaust
post #6 of 10 Old 02-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Rock God

Home depot has the peg board. It's 16" square plastic. I had to cut one to 12"x12" and the other 16"x12". Lots of options for mounting it to the tail gate.
WARNING... it's not as cheap of a project as it looks. Mine was $100 for everything except the extinguisher. Still fun to do and have tho.

Big B.

2011 4Dr Unlimited... Rubi springs & shocks, Rubi tires, JKS QD's, CoverKing Seat covers, Rugged Ridge trail doors, A.C.E. stubby bumper, A.C.E. Rock Rails, A.C.E. Hi-lift jack mounts, Superwinch LP8500.

post #7 of 10 Old 02-20-2012, 08:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeeJaySeven+JKU View Post
Sweet! I did mine a few months ago. I get alot of compliments on it.

Nice. Have you thought about taking the vent off the tailgate and turning the shovel over so the shovel head sits inside the hole? Might give ya just a little more room.

☠ ☠ Don't let fear and common sense stop ya. ☣ ☣
post #8 of 10 Old 02-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOLIGAN View Post
Nice. Have you thought about taking the vent off the tailgate and turning the shovel over so the shovel head sits inside the hole? Might give ya just a little more room.
It hugs the curvature nicely. I had thought about putting the axe head in there but the layout worked best that way. I'm still going to add a screw driver somewhere on it.

Big B.

post #9 of 10 Old 02-20-2012, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I found 3ft x 3ft plastic pegboard and just cut it to size. I did use self tapping sheet metal screws. Was going to use nutserts but they did not work out as well as I had hoped.
post #10 of 10 Old 02-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Rock God

Yea nut-serts aren't necessary. They only make bigger holes. It doesn't need to be removed often enough.

Big B.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode