2009 4door jk Daily Driver lift kit - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 02-17-2012, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

2009 4door jk Daily Driver lift kit

Just got a 2009 4 door unlimited. Looking to get a good lift kit that will maintain factory ride and clear 35's. It will be my Daily Driver as i am going about an hour away to college next year. Let me know the Brand, Size of lift, and price. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-17-2012, 08:49 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Welcome aboard. Plenty to learn by reading this forum.

You will get a bunch of opinions about lifts. Rock Krawler is the favorite these days. You probably should give some more information about your intended use as there are many ways to "Clear 35's". You can spend anywhere from $130 on a leveling kit to several thousand going to long arms and coil overs.

2009 JKU

Last edited by JKommuter; 02-17-2012 at 08:51 AM.
post #3 of 15 Old 02-17-2012, 08:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

My suggstion, just use a good budget boost.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 02-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post
My suggstion, just use a good budget boost.
I agree... that's what I did when i first got my 4dr... ride was just fine (with the obvious adjustment from factory tires to 35's)
post #5 of 15 Old 02-17-2012, 10:23 AM
JKowners Vendor

We would suggest a 2.5" system that is buildable if you feel you are going to progress with your JK!

Our 2.5" stock mod system is a great place to start, all the way up to our 2.5" max. travel system.

If you have any questions regarding our products, please let us know.

Good Luck with your build.

RK
post #6 of 15 Old 02-17-2012, 02:37 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeWilson25 View Post
Just got a 2009 4 door unlimited. Looking to get a good lift kit that will maintain factory ride and clear 35's. It will be my Daily Driver as i am going about an hour away to college next year. Let me know the Brand, Size of lift, and price. Thanks!

TeraFlex #1251000 2.5" coil/shock kit $768.99

TeraFlex #1255200 2.5" BB kit w/shocks $536.99

Both are very popular kits with a lower priced shock extension version. The 2.5" coil kit will lift the front 3.1" vs. the 2.5" BB kit. You can run 35's with either, but will need 1.25" wheel spacers or new wheels with 4.5" backspacing.

Here's a YouTube video to show you how easy these are to install.

TeraFlex JK 2.5" Coil Spring Lift Installation - YouTube

Feel free to call me if you have any questions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

801-713-3314
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 15 Old 02-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Granite Guru

It is nice to see that both of you responded to this question.
post #8 of 15 Old 02-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Granite Guru

I like my teraflex 2.5 spring kit with OME shocks

Rescue green 07 2-door on 35's
post #9 of 15 Old 02-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Rock God

no lift......just chop your fenders!....cheapest way to go for a DD.

post #10 of 15 Old 02-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

My 2009 X is a daily driver. I drive about 70 miles round trip. I'm running the Teraflex 2.5 lift with shocks. (Top picture posted by Joe from Teraflex above). As you can see in my signature I also added a front trackbar and lower control arms. I remember thinking it was slightly "Firmer" than stock.

I'm running 33s.

2009 JKU
post #11 of 15 Old 02-18-2012, 12:03 PM
JKowners Vendor

For a DD, it is nice to get a system with a front track bar and some sort of caster correction. Just springs will make it a little light on caster.

We like people to start with the 2.5" Flex System and then gradually build up to a 2.5" Max. Travel System. They are pretty sweet.

Hydro or Nitro white bodied or black bodied shocks are not part of our game plan. We prefer to start you out with something like the bilstein 5100 with internal floating piston and go up from there.

It really comes down to your budget and your needs. We like to start with quality parts that you can expand on as your needs/desires progress. It happens, trust us.

Tera's hard parts are nice to build from as well. We would just prefer some progressive rate coils and the 5100's to start out with, but that is not for everyone's budget.

RK
post #12 of 15 Old 02-19-2012, 05:59 AM
Wheeler

Garage
Question

I'm reading this thread with the same kind of question in mind. I just bought an 08 JKU Rubicon two days ago. Mine has a leveling kit on it and 285's.

My interest has been in the Synergy Suspensions / PolyPerformance kit but many are recomending RK. Id like to know why people recommend the kit they do. Nate
post #13 of 15 Old 02-20-2012, 10:10 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

You can start simple with a budget boost or go straight to a coil lift if it is in your budget. I think that the coil lift is a better starting point if you have serious long term goals for your Jeep.

I chose RK because of progressive coil springs, upgradeable components, and a more complete setup (included the track bar).

There are a few main components that you'll need at around 2.5" of lift and they are:

Coils
Front Track Bar
Rear Track Bar relocation
Longer front sway bar disconnects
brake line extensions or new lines

Front lower control arms will really, really help to keep the Jeep handling as you expect it to and as close to factory as possible.

I would check out the 2.5" Flex System from RK and pair it with a set of Bilstein 5100s as RK mentioned.

http://www.rockkrawler.com/pages/cat...p?r_itemID=107

We can make you a great deal on a package when you're ready. Don't hesitate to PM or call me for more details.

Marcus

post #14 of 15 Old 02-20-2012, 10:12 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNate View Post
I'm reading this thread with the same kind of question in mind. I just bought an 08 JKU Rubicon two days ago. Mine has a leveling kit on it and 285's.

My interest has been in the Synergy Suspensions / PolyPerformance kit but many are recomending RK. Id like to know why people recommend the kit they do. Nate
Nate -

Synergy also makes great products. Their coils are progressive and their arms are adjustable on the vehicle.

I don't think you can go wrong with anyone that's been mentioned here, just make sure that you truly educate yourself on what you're BUYING with your money.

I always sit down with my customers and go over component lists so that we can show them what you're getting for your money. Sometimes you can save yourself a few greenbacks by sourcing your own bump stops and such.

Marcus

post #15 of 15 Old 02-21-2012, 02:02 AM
Wheeler

Garage

Thanks for the replys and explanation.
Having had leaf sprung jeeps and not ever building a linked coil over before I'm not sure what to even ask. I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff I don't need as this will put off mods due to cost. I also don't want to go to cheap and have a poor handling rig that I have to replace the entire lift later.

Basically I want to lift it a bit now without replacing the factory wheels yet, while still getting a good handling rig. It will be mildly used offroad as I have a Willys and 4Runner I can abuse without catching any flak!

Thanks for educating a noob! Nate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode