Ordered XJ rack for my JK - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-16-2012, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Send a message via MSN to Rafic
Ordered XJ rack for my JK

So I was looking into a roof rack for my JKU. I researched this subject extensively. My ultimate choice would be the MBRP roof rack. It is such a nice rack. But it would cost me an arm and a leg (around $1500+ including price/shipping/customs/handling fees etc) to get it over here to Beirut. I was then gonna order some Thule rails and matching feet and cross bars and its installation components. Again, I would end up paying a great some on them come shipping/customs etc.

By mistake I was at a traffic light today and there was an XJ in front of me. I noticed its roof rack and flat roof. Light bulb moment there! The XJ roof is very flat, similar to the hardtop lines. It is short enough to fit on the rear portion of the hardtop as well. So i thought this has to be it! And its a Jeep part! LOL! I drove straight into the dealership and placed an order for a 2001 XJ roof rack. Comes complete even with rubber roof stripes
Placed 100$ deposit and the total came to around 300$. Roof rack kit mopar part # 82206323. The kit costs around 190$ in the US. Anyone here running this setup and can provide some pics?? Thx!

Here's a pic of what I ordered, without the basket option:

HEMI 6.1L - 4.88 Gears - OME HD Lift - OME Steering Stab - Front & Rear RK Trackbar + Relocation Bracket - ARB Deluxe Front Bumper - Warn 9.5cti - IPF XS900 - 35" Cooper STT - 17" Ruged Ridge Wheels - ARB Diff Covers - AEV Rear Corner Guards - Mopar Rear Light Guards - Rugged Ridge Hi Lift Mount - Daystar Dash Top - Daystar Switch Panel - Pioneer AVH 4100 - 2x MB Quart Component Sets - 1x R.F. AMP - 1x Pioneer AMP - 1x Pioneer Small Sub Enclosure

Last edited by Rafic; 02-16-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Granite Guru

Interesting!!

post #3 of 6 Old 02-16-2012, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH9JK View Post
Interesting!!

It is! haha! I found some pics but none of them are for a JK but they kinda illustrate my idea! Seems someone already thought of this and did it!

HEMI 6.1L - 4.88 Gears - OME HD Lift - OME Steering Stab - Front & Rear RK Trackbar + Relocation Bracket - ARB Deluxe Front Bumper - Warn 9.5cti - IPF XS900 - 35" Cooper STT - 17" Ruged Ridge Wheels - ARB Diff Covers - AEV Rear Corner Guards - Mopar Rear Light Guards - Rugged Ridge Hi Lift Mount - Daystar Dash Top - Daystar Switch Panel - Pioneer AVH 4100 - 2x MB Quart Component Sets - 1x R.F. AMP - 1x Pioneer AMP - 1x Pioneer Small Sub Enclosure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-16-2012, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I dont know how much weight you can put on there. I am not planing to put heavy things on there. Just basic duffle bags...etc. When im with the gf and the dog in the back, our bags on the rear seats, i am left with little space for additional stuff.

Then again, if one can fabricate some supports for the hardtop, there exists a mopar kit for that exact XJ rack where it would allow you to mount a spar tire carrier on the roof! pretty cool stuff! Its part # 82203257

post #5 of 6 Old 02-20-2012, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Ok bad news for me. The Jeep dealership called me today to tell me they can't order the roof rack for me. The part number 82206323, which is a Mopar Accessories part number, wouldn't appear on their parts system. I know for a fact that their system is linked online to some Mopar parts system. They apologized and said that the system is not letting them process the part number. Weird! Anyway, they refunded my deposit. The parts manager asked me if I can order it online to go ahead and do so. I looked for this part and I only found it on factorychryslerparts.com. I have never ordered anything from these guys. Anyone ever deal with them?? Are they good/reliable?
On another note, can any of the vendors here get this part for me? I really want it!! Thx!

post #6 of 6 Old 02-20-2012, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Bump! Anyone can provide that kit?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode