shock recomendations - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-14-2012, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

shock recomendations

hey all,

ive got a 2 dr rubi, 3.5 RE lift, 37's, poly "high steer kit" blah blah blah......

the time has come for some new shocks, currently i have the poverty pack RE ones, good shocks for the cash IMO but i want somthing better....

my car is a daily driver, so it need to make the ride as comfy as a lay-z-boy..... i do a mixture of wheeling, rocks, sand, mud etc......

ideally id like to get more flex outta the front, but so long as im not going backwards ill be happy....

any suggestions?

my girlfriend and i never got on.... im a capricorn and she was a b!tch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Granite Guru

I like OME

Rescue green 07 2-door on 35's
post #3 of 10 Old 02-14-2012, 08:16 PM
Rock God

Stop calling your jeep a car and I bet it will work better for you, they freaking hate being called a car.

08 jk unlimited X
1 ton axles
39.5 Iroks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 02-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Breaker of nice things

Garage

Depends on your budget, but the two top picks around the ol' JKO water cooler seem to be:

Bilstein 5100's
Fox 2.0's
post #5 of 10 Old 02-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

People will chime in with what ever they have and I guess I'm doing the same. But I have the adjustable Fox remote res shocks on the rear of my JK and they can be set from super soft to very stiff. Over 2 years and no leaks or issues. Not a budget shock but the best ones (due to adjustability) that I've ever run.

Note about budget adjustable shocks.... On my TJ I had some budget adjustable shocks (won't mention the brand as to not offend a supporting mfgr). You couldn't tell the difference from soft setting to firm setting. And they leaked after 6 months.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #6 of 10 Old 02-14-2012, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Garage

Keep in mind the ride descriptions here are mostly gonna be from the 4 door guys.. you will get a much different ride if you take Joe Blows shock off his 4 door and put it on your 2 door because of the difference in weight.

I have the adjustable FOX 2.0's on Smurfette (2 door) and even on the softest setting they are far to stiff.. I am going to have to play with the Nitrogen Pressure to get them to soften up a bit... so keep these reviews in perspective.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #7 of 10 Old 02-15-2012, 12:04 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
People will chime in with what ever they have and I guess I'm doing the same. But I have the adjustable Fox remote res shocks on the rear of my JK and they can be set from super soft to very stiff. Over 2 years and no leaks or issues. Not a budget shock but the best ones (due to adjustability) that I've ever run.

Note about budget adjustable shocks.... On my TJ I had some budget adjustable shocks (won't mention the brand as to not offend a supporting mfgr). You couldn't tell the difference from soft setting to firm setting. And they leaked after 6 months.

Hey Kev,,,I just ordered these for my JK,,,,,Did you have to play with the valving are the nitrogen pressure any?
post #8 of 10 Old 02-15-2012, 12:41 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Massey View Post
Hey Kev,,,I just ordered these for my JK,,,,,Did you have to play with the valving are the nitrogen pressure any?
Mine were ordered with "softer valving" since I'm running coilover on the front. But I think I wasted my money on that. Set at 1 you can fully compress them by had. At 10 you can't budge them. But Hit has a good point, I'd like to see what more guys have to say about them, but I think that this shock is so adjustable that it'll suit 2 and 4 door rigs. All I know is that I'm very happy.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

Last edited by TEXASKEV; 02-15-2012 at 12:48 AM.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-15-2012, 12:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
Mine were ordered with "softer valving" since I'm running coilover on the front. But I think I wasted my money on that. Set at 1 you can fully compress them by had. At 10 you can't budge them. But Hit has a good point, I'd like to see what more guys have to say about them. All I know is that I'm very happy.
Well then Hit,,,,Chime in when you find out that magic #

Keep in mind that I am running antirocks. I think that will make a difference?
post #10 of 10 Old 02-17-2012, 12:10 AM
Wheeler

Stop calling your jeep a car and I bet it will work better for you,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode