budget boost question? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 02-12-2012, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

budget boost question?

I think the answer is ... they are all the same ? I thought i would throw it out there! Im looking to go with a bb and they seem to to be all about the same price. daystar comes 1 3/4 with 1" rears and a rear trackar adjusting blocks others have just the pucks w discos others just the pucks.are they all the same just packaged differently w discos ect thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Rock God

Garage

They are all basically the same, but some more complete than others. Some have rubber pucks, others have metal spacers. Personally, I would prefer the pucks over the metal spacers. You just have to look at the other items that come with the kits; brake line relocation brackets, rear sway bar links, bump stops, front disconnects, etc. and pick the most complete kit for the money.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 02-13-2012, 09:24 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Check out the Rough Country Series 2 kit. Very complete for less than $200.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 02-14-2012, 01:00 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Some level the Jeep out and get rid of that stupid rake. Some don't.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #5 of 11 Old 02-14-2012, 04:04 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

exactly as stated above.

technically, a b/b is just as varied as any other type of lift. the differences dont related to spring rate... just whether or not it comes with shocks, swaybar links, and some form of steering or trackbar correction.

most will tell you that you dont need steering or trackbar correction. i've been running an early Black Diamond spacer set since Jan'08. i had no steering or suspension geometry issues.. nor many issues with the ESP.

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane
post #6 of 11 Old 02-14-2012, 08:25 AM
Rock God

Great info--I've used the RC STEEL spacers for over 2 years and NO PROBLEMO !

JIMBO

Man, you gotta have style

"YELLOW JEEP No. 683"
post #7 of 11 Old 02-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Granite Guru

I ran the Teraflex 2.5" budget boost with 35's for 5 months and about 6000 miles.

I was very happy with the completeness of the kit, and the "performance". The spacers, shock extensions, brake line extensions, rear track bar bracket, and bump stop extensions were all included. It installed easily, and nothing more was needed outside of the kit.

The spacers were shaped and properly fitting. I would have been uncomfortable with straight flat spacers.

BTW - it did take out rake too.

I would recommend it.

07 Rubicon Unlimited - Teraflex 3" prerunner lift, 35's, 5.7 Hemi using AEV kit, Teraflex CRD60 rear with 5:13 gears all around.
post #8 of 11 Old 02-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Granite Guru

I have had the DayStar BB for about... 8months. 10,000miles and I have had no issues what so ever. And this is the basic one, no shocks, or shock extensions or anything... just a BB. About to remove it and throw on a 2.5 in coil lift though, I just want a little flex.

But yea... I would recommend the DayStar.

2008 JKU, ProComps, 35 Kevlar MT/R's, Dana 44s, locked, 5.13, Artic Trusses, RCVs, all types of OR-Fab stuff, PIAA's, 2.5in Suspension lift, Adams driveshaft, Teraflex SpeedBumps, Warn Winch and some other goodies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
Old shit needs fixed. Facts.
Shit run off-road needs fixed. Fact.
Old shit run off-road needs fixed more often yet. Fact.
post #9 of 11 Old 02-14-2012, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

thanks guys I presently have a daystar 1" body lift hankook 315/75/16 with cut rails and im just looking for a little more room . I have just done some power line trails ect and dont see myself doing anymore than that between work kids ect.Im thinking w the body lift and the daystar kit it should net me about 2 1/2 inches or so and have a little more room in the fender area...as see it I shouldnot have to worry about brakelines and track bars ect because it onle 1 3/4 in front and 1" in the rear ,would I be correct in thinking this?I will do some seperate discos for the front any more things i should think of to keep it very simple ? I know most people dont like body lifts!!!
post #10 of 11 Old 02-17-2012, 12:17 AM
Wheeler

Check out the Rough Country Series 2 kit.
post #11 of 11 Old 02-17-2012, 01:54 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

if youre not changing your swaybar links, then you wont have to mess with the brake lines. brake line "extentions" are nothing more than a flat plate you bolt to the frame to lower the metal line a couple of inches. if you are crafty with a drill and jigsaw, you can make your own from flat stock you can buy at any home improvement store.

if you disconnect your swaybar, then you may want to make some extentions for the front lines as insurance so you dont rip one out. i still have my factory links on my rubicon. with longer shocks, the swaybar stretches all the way out limiting droop. at that point, my brake lines (in stock location) are as far as is sane. not enough tension to cause any trouble and allows full steering motion without becoming a guitar string.

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode