HOOD BLACK OUT DECAL DOES ANY ONE HAVE THE FILE - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 02-12-2012, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NAPLES,FL
Posts: 36
Feedback: 0 reviews
HOOD BLACK OUT DECAL DOES ANY ONE HAVE THE FILE

I HAVE A VIYNAL CUTTER AND WANT TO CUT THE HOOD BLACK OUT DECAL FOR MY SELF DOES ANY ONE HAVE THE FILE OR SPECS FOR IT THANKS
BIGRUBICON is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 Old 02-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 36
Posts: 1,895
Feedback: 0 reviews


2008 JK X 2DR NSG370

Time to build the TONS!

Long Island Off Road Club
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NOVA4x4
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jester116th View Post
Confucius say "If you no want break axle, Drive with BIG head not LITTLE head"
Suffolk JK is offline  
post #3 of 24 Old 02-12-2012, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NAPLES,FL
Posts: 36
Feedback: 0 reviews

thanks dick ahhah
BIGRUBICON is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 24 Old 02-12-2012, 03:30 PM
CUNT
 
Matti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Land of the Polite, Where shits covered in Ice.
Age: 36
Posts: 415
Feedback: 3 reviews

i have the one with the lizard pm your email
ill check my laptop when i get home

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMadole View Post
As previously mentioned, the key step in this process is saturating those whores in piss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maunder View Post
I just gotta say.. When you're being butt hurt by your fudge packer minions.. how do you decide which one gets to pull the pony tail n who's left to cup the balls.. If there is any..
Matti is offline  
post #5 of 24 Old 02-12-2012, 11:00 PM
Wheeler
 
rayholio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 41
Posts: 74
Feedback: 0 reviews

I'd like to have this too... I've been working on the design for one for a couple weeks, and would sure be interested to see how close I got... LOL
rayholio is offline  
post #6 of 24 Old 02-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Wheeler
 
rayholio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 41
Posts: 74
Feedback: 0 reviews

Don't use his file, gents... It looks good until you compare it to the origional, and take a tape measure to it.. :/
rayholio is offline  
post #7 of 24 Old 02-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Locked in a basement
Posts: 16,621
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayholio View Post
Don't use his file, gents... It looks good until you compare it to the origional, and take a tape measure to it.. :/


A'sprainaprease



Dancin Dan is offline  
post #8 of 24 Old 02-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Granite Guru
 
samuelrclark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Murphy, NC
Age: 27
Posts: 485
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post


A'sprainaprease
Funniest thing I have seen on here all day! Haha!

2008 JKU, ProComps, 35 Kevlar MT/R's, Dana 44s, locked, 5.13, Artic Trusses, RCVs, all types of OR-Fab stuff, PIAA's, 2.5in Suspension lift, Adams driveshaft, Teraflex SpeedBumps, Warn Winch and some other goodies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
Old shit needs fixed. Facts.
Shit run off-road needs fixed. Fact.
Old shit run off-road needs fixed more often yet. Fact.
samuelrclark is offline  
post #9 of 24 Old 02-13-2012, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NAPLES,FL
Posts: 36
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayholio View Post
Don't use his file, gents... It looks good until you compare it to the origional, and take a tape measure to it.. :/
DO YOU HAVE THE ORIGIONAL
BIGRUBICON is offline  
post #10 of 24 Old 02-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Granite Guru
 
pixeldzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chicago Suburbs, IL
Posts: 490
Feedback: 8 reviews

I'm not sure why anyone who has gone to the trouble to make a good file would want to give it away.... Likely they did so to attempt to make a profit.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- offroad inspired decals for your jeep
--
2008 Unlimited Rubicon - Silver (Locked and Loaded)
2014 Unlimited Sport - Billet Silver (Mall Crawler)
pixeldzn is offline  
post #11 of 24 Old 02-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Rock God
 
JIMBOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Norcal/NorNV
Age: 76
Posts: 799
Feedback: 0 reviews

Just buyone from pixeldecals--can't beatem-



JIMBO


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Man, you gotta have style

"YELLOW JEEP No. 683"
JIMBOX is offline  
post #12 of 24 Old 02-14-2012, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NAPLES,FL
Posts: 36
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixeldzn View Post
I'm not sure why anyone who has gone to the trouble to make a good file would want to give it away.... Likely they did so to attempt to make a profit.
iam not trying to make a profit on any thing i have no interest in selling decals at all it to much work for the little money you get
i have access to a cutter so there is no point in me buying one
BIGRUBICON is offline  
post #13 of 24 Old 02-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Granite Guru
 
pixeldzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chicago Suburbs, IL
Posts: 490
Feedback: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGRUBICON View Post
iam not trying to make a profit on any thing i have no interest in selling decals at all it to much work for the little money you get
i have access to a cutter so there is no point in me buying one
In that case, get yourself a tape measure and a big piece of kraft paper, and get to work making a template for yourself. Problem solved.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- offroad inspired decals for your jeep
--
2008 Unlimited Rubicon - Silver (Locked and Loaded)
2014 Unlimited Sport - Billet Silver (Mall Crawler)
pixeldzn is offline  
post #14 of 24 Old 02-14-2012, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NAPLES,FL
Posts: 36
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixeldzn View Post
In that case, get yourself a tape measure and a big piece of kraft paper, and get to work making a template for yourself. Problem solved.
already started just don't know how to put it in illustrator
BIGRUBICON is offline  
post #15 of 24 Old 02-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Wheeler
 
rayholio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 41
Posts: 74
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGRUBICON View Post
DO YOU HAVE THE ORIGIONAL
No.. I was comparing it to the origional decals as pictured on mopars amazon page, and in pictures of the Jeeps with decals applied..

The 'square' is not tall enough, short by about 5-8 inches... The cut outs for the hinges MAY be in the wrong place (they don't match my measurements) and the OEM designs have a very very slight curve on te edges (the sides of the square are actually rounded a bit to match the lines on the rest of the Jeep).. the file above is perfectly square. The OEM decal also has cut-outs for the hood-tits, tie down, and windshield washer nipple. this file does not.

The version he's offering above also has the lizard on it.. The lizard is close... but not as detailed, it's a different size, in the wrong location & rotation... The file above is also single color... The Mohave patch w/ lizard is supposed to be 2 color.



I'm working on a patch that will be similar to origional... It's actually not very easy to do.. Probably have 4 hours in it so far.... and it's still not quite perfect. I don't blame people for selling them once they get 'em right.

Appearantly no one has a copy of the vector file... does anyone have a picture of the patch? 2d flat graphical pic? not a photo of an installed peice... but a bit map, jpeg, etc?

Now that I have the measurements in my software, I could easily scale a pic to the exact correct size, and convert it to a usable file.

Last edited by rayholio; 02-14-2012 at 11:58 PM.
rayholio is offline  
post #16 of 24 Old 02-15-2012, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NAPLES,FL
Posts: 36
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayholio View Post
No.. I was comparing it to the origional decals as pictured on mopars amazon page, and in pictures of the Jeeps with decals applied..

The 'square' is not tall enough, short by about 5-8 inches... The cut outs for the hinges MAY be in the wrong place (they don't match my measurements) and the OEM designs have a very very slight curve on te edges (the sides of the square are actually rounded a bit to match the lines on the rest of the Jeep).. the file above is perfectly square. The OEM decal also has cut-outs for the hood-tits, tie down, and windshield washer nipple. this file does not.

The version he's offering above also has the lizard on it.. The lizard is close... but not as detailed, it's a different size, in the wrong location & rotation... The file above is also single color... The Mohave patch w/ lizard is supposed to be 2 color.


yea I've been trying to do the same thing if you could please let me use it that would be great


I'm working on a patch that will be similar to origional... It's actually not very easy to do.. Probably have 4 hours in it so far.... and it's still not quite perfect. I don't blame people for selling them once they get 'em right.

Appearantly no one has a copy of the vector file... does anyone have a picture of the patch? 2d flat graphical pic? not a photo of an installed peice... but a bit map, jpeg, etc?

Now that I have the measurements in my software, I could easily scale a pic to the exact correct size, and convert it to a usable file.


I've been trying to get a vector for ever and i would buy from pixel if i didn't have a cutter already
BIGRUBICON is offline  
post #17 of 24 Old 02-15-2012, 12:37 AM
Granite Guru
 
SEVENSLAT4X4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KENNESAW, GA
Posts: 335
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

I will hook you guys up after we test fit ours this weekend. It's the same as the mountain edition but doesn't go as far down the hood.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SEVENSLAT4X4 is offline  
post #18 of 24 Old 02-15-2012, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NAPLES,FL
Posts: 36
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVENSLAT4X4 View Post
I will hook you guys up after we test fit ours this weekend. It's the same as the mountain edition but doesn't go as far down the hood.
sweet your awsome bud thanks
BIGRUBICON is offline  
post #19 of 24 Old 11-05-2017, 06:49 PM
JKO Addict!
 
2k2wranglerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, pa
Age: 39
Posts: 10,269
Feedback: 4 reviews

Dragging this thread out of hibernation...

I want to do a Cystic fibrosis theme on a jeep and I need the .ve file for the hood. I have a cutter that'll handle 32" wide so I just need to figure out the file.

any help would be hugely appreciated

Thanks!

31 jeeps in... still have issues

Last edited by 2k2wranglerx; 11-06-2017 at 08:30 AM.
2k2wranglerx is offline  
post #20 of 24 Old 11-06-2017, 01:34 PM
Wheeler
 
rayholio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 41
Posts: 74
Feedback: 0 reviews

I did end up cutting and installing one.. it was pretty dang close to oem specs. I?ll see if I still have the file.
rayholio is offline  
post #21 of 24 Old 11-08-2017, 06:58 AM
JKO Addict!
 
2k2wranglerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, pa
Age: 39
Posts: 10,269
Feedback: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayholio View Post
I did end up cutting and installing one.. it was pretty dang close to oem specs. I?ll see if I still have the file.
That would be awesome.

The vinyl guys all recommended using knifeless tape but that's getting into a whole other level lol.

Thanks man.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
2k2wranglerx is offline  
post #22 of 24 Old 11-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Wheeler
 
rayholio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 41
Posts: 74
Feedback: 0 reviews

blackout-hood

Try that.. it should next nicely between the hinges and have good spacing all around. It seems like I cut it out of scrap vinyl a couple times and tweaked it to get it just right.

You'll remove your hood accessories, even the windshield washer nozzle. After the vinyl is on, then cut the holes out just enough to re-attach accessories.. (for me to place those cuts for the vinyl cutter to do was problematic.)

I'll see if I can find a pic of it installed..

-Ray
rayholio is offline  
post #23 of 24 Old 11-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Wheeler
 
rayholio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 41
Posts: 74
Feedback: 0 reviews
rayholio is offline  
post #24 of 24 Old 11-18-2017, 08:02 PM
JKO Addict!
 
2k2wranglerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, pa
Age: 39
Posts: 10,269
Feedback: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayholio View Post
blackout-hood

Try that.. it should next nicely between the hinges and have good spacing all around. It seems like I cut it out of scrap vinyl a couple times and tweaked it to get it just right.

You'll remove your hood accessories, even the windshield washer nozzle. After the vinyl is on, then cut the holes out just enough to re-attach accessories.. (for me to place those cuts for the vinyl cutter to do was problematic.)

I'll see if I can find a pic of it installed..

-Ray
Thanks man! trying to convert into normal PC format now.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
2k2wranglerx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome