HOOD BLACK OUT DECAL DOES ANY ONE HAVE THE FILE - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 02-12-2012, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

HOOD BLACK OUT DECAL DOES ANY ONE HAVE THE FILE

I HAVE A VIYNAL CUTTER AND WANT TO CUT THE HOOD BLACK OUT DECAL FOR MY SELF DOES ANY ONE HAVE THE FILE OR SPECS FOR IT THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 02-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Rock God

2008 JK X 2DR NSG370

Time to build the TONS!

Long Island Off Road Club
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NOVA4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester116th View Post
Confucius say "If you no want break axle, Drive with BIG head not LITTLE head"
post #3 of 24 Old 02-12-2012, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

thanks dick ahhah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 02-12-2012, 03:30 PM
CUNT

Location: The Land of the Polite, Where shits covered in Ice.

i have the one with the lizard pm your email
ill check my laptop when i get home

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMadole View Post
As previously mentioned, the key step in this process is saturating those whores in piss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maunder View Post
I just gotta say.. When you're being butt hurt by your fudge packer minions.. how do you decide which one gets to pull the pony tail n who's left to cup the balls.. If there is any..
post #5 of 24 Old 02-12-2012, 11:00 PM
Wheeler

I'd like to have this too... I've been working on the design for one for a couple weeks, and would sure be interested to see how close I got... LOL
post #6 of 24 Old 02-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Wheeler

Don't use his file, gents... It looks good until you compare it to the origional, and take a tape measure to it.. :/
post #7 of 24 Old 02-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayholio View Post
Don't use his file, gents... It looks good until you compare it to the origional, and take a tape measure to it.. :/

A'sprainaprease

post #8 of 24 Old 02-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post

A'sprainaprease
Funniest thing I have seen on here all day! Haha!

2008 JKU, ProComps, 35 Kevlar MT/R's, Dana 44s, locked, 5.13, Artic Trusses, RCVs, all types of OR-Fab stuff, PIAA's, 2.5in Suspension lift, Adams driveshaft, Teraflex SpeedBumps, Warn Winch and some other goodies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
Old shit needs fixed. Facts.
Shit run off-road needs fixed. Fact.
Old shit run off-road needs fixed more often yet. Fact.
post #9 of 24 Old 02-13-2012, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
DO YOU HAVE THE ORIGIONAL
post #10 of 24 Old 02-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Granite Guru

I'm not sure why anyone who has gone to the trouble to make a good file would want to give it away.... Likely they did so to attempt to make a profit.

- offroad inspired decals for your jeep
--
2008 Unlimited Rubicon - Silver (Locked and Loaded)
2014 Unlimited Sport - Billet Silver (Mall Crawler)
post #11 of 24 Old 02-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Rock God

Just buyone from pixeldecals--can't beatem-

JIMBO

Man, you gotta have style

"YELLOW JEEP No. 683"
post #12 of 24 Old 02-14-2012, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixeldzn View Post
I'm not sure why anyone who has gone to the trouble to make a good file would want to give it away.... Likely they did so to attempt to make a profit.
iam not trying to make a profit on any thing i have no interest in selling decals at all it to much work for the little money you get
i have access to a cutter so there is no point in me buying one
post #13 of 24 Old 02-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGRUBICON View Post
iam not trying to make a profit on any thing i have no interest in selling decals at all it to much work for the little money you get
i have access to a cutter so there is no point in me buying one
In that case, get yourself a tape measure and a big piece of kraft paper, and get to work making a template for yourself. Problem solved.

- offroad inspired decals for your jeep
--
2008 Unlimited Rubicon - Silver (Locked and Loaded)
2014 Unlimited Sport - Billet Silver (Mall Crawler)
post #14 of 24 Old 02-14-2012, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixeldzn View Post
In that case, get yourself a tape measure and a big piece of kraft paper, and get to work making a template for yourself. Problem solved.
already started just don't know how to put it in illustrator
post #15 of 24 Old 02-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGRUBICON View Post
DO YOU HAVE THE ORIGIONAL
No.. I was comparing it to the origional decals as pictured on mopars amazon page, and in pictures of the Jeeps with decals applied..

The 'square' is not tall enough, short by about 5-8 inches... The cut outs for the hinges MAY be in the wrong place (they don't match my measurements) and the OEM designs have a very very slight curve on te edges (the sides of the square are actually rounded a bit to match the lines on the rest of the Jeep).. the file above is perfectly square. The OEM decal also has cut-outs for the hood-tits, tie down, and windshield washer nipple. this file does not.

The version he's offering above also has the lizard on it.. The lizard is close... but not as detailed, it's a different size, in the wrong location & rotation... The file above is also single color... The Mohave patch w/ lizard is supposed to be 2 color.

I'm working on a patch that will be similar to origional... It's actually not very easy to do.. Probably have 4 hours in it so far.... and it's still not quite perfect. I don't blame people for selling them once they get 'em right.

Appearantly no one has a copy of the vector file... does anyone have a picture of the patch? 2d flat graphical pic? not a photo of an installed peice... but a bit map, jpeg, etc?

Now that I have the measurements in my software, I could easily scale a pic to the exact correct size, and convert it to a usable file.

Last edited by rayholio; 02-14-2012 at 11:58 PM.
post #16 of 24 Old 02-15-2012, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
No.. I was comparing it to the origional decals as pictured on mopars amazon page, and in pictures of the Jeeps with decals applied..

The 'square' is not tall enough, short by about 5-8 inches... The cut outs for the hinges MAY be in the wrong place (they don't match my measurements) and the OEM designs have a very very slight curve on te edges (the sides of the square are actually rounded a bit to match the lines on the rest of the Jeep).. the file above is perfectly square. The OEM decal also has cut-outs for the hood-tits, tie down, and windshield washer nipple. this file does not.

The version he's offering above also has the lizard on it.. The lizard is close... but not as detailed, it's a different size, in the wrong location & rotation... The file above is also single color... The Mohave patch w/ lizard is supposed to be 2 color.

yea I've been trying to do the same thing if you could please let me use it that would be great

I'm working on a patch that will be similar to origional... It's actually not very easy to do.. Probably have 4 hours in it so far.... and it's still not quite perfect. I don't blame people for selling them once they get 'em right.

Appearantly no one has a copy of the vector file... does anyone have a picture of the patch? 2d flat graphical pic? not a photo of an installed peice... but a bit map, jpeg, etc?

Now that I have the measurements in my software, I could easily scale a pic to the exact correct size, and convert it to a usable file.

I've been trying to get a vector for ever and i would buy from pixel if i didn't have a cutter already
post #17 of 24 Old 02-15-2012, 12:37 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

I will hook you guys up after we test fit ours this weekend. It's the same as the mountain edition but doesn't go as far down the hood.

post #18 of 24 Old 02-15-2012, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVENSLAT4X4 View Post
I will hook you guys up after we test fit ours this weekend. It's the same as the mountain edition but doesn't go as far down the hood.
sweet your awsome bud thanks
post #19 of 24 Old 11-05-2017, 06:49 PM
JKO Addict!

Dragging this thread out of hibernation...

I want to do a Cystic fibrosis theme on a jeep and I need the .ve file for the hood. I have a cutter that'll handle 32" wide so I just need to figure out the file.

any help would be hugely appreciated

Thanks!

31 jeeps in... still have issues

Last edited by 2k2wranglerx; 11-06-2017 at 08:30 AM.
post #20 of 24 Old 11-06-2017, 01:34 PM
Wheeler

I did end up cutting and installing one.. it was pretty dang close to oem specs. I?ll see if I still have the file.
post #21 of 24 Old 11-08-2017, 06:58 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
I did end up cutting and installing one.. it was pretty dang close to oem specs. I?ll see if I still have the file.
That would be awesome.

The vinyl guys all recommended using knifeless tape but that's getting into a whole other level lol.

Thanks man.

post #22 of 24 Old 11-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Wheeler

blackout-hood

Try that.. it should next nicely between the hinges and have good spacing all around. It seems like I cut it out of scrap vinyl a couple times and tweaked it to get it just right.

You'll remove your hood accessories, even the windshield washer nozzle. After the vinyl is on, then cut the holes out just enough to re-attach accessories.. (for me to place those cuts for the vinyl cutter to do was problematic.)

I'll see if I can find a pic of it installed..

-Ray
post #23 of 24 Old 11-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Wheeler

post #24 of 24 Old 11-18-2017, 08:02 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
blackout-hood

Try that.. it should next nicely between the hinges and have good spacing all around. It seems like I cut it out of scrap vinyl a couple times and tweaked it to get it just right.

You'll remove your hood accessories, even the windshield washer nozzle. After the vinyl is on, then cut the holes out just enough to re-attach accessories.. (for me to place those cuts for the vinyl cutter to do was problematic.)

I'll see if I can find a pic of it installed..

-Ray
Thanks man! trying to convert into normal PC format now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode