Rubicon Express 3.5" long arm - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-10-2012, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Rubicon Express 3.5" long arm

Been out of the loop for a while. Did a search 7 pages deep.
Anyway what's the word? I had a 5.5" long arm on my '02 TJ and it was awesome. Just bought a '12 4 dr rubi and I've got the itch to lift her up and get some 35's under her.

So let's here some reviews or if possible hook me up wih some intraweb links.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Granite Guru

i love mine!!! it's been under my rubi for about 3 years now, and had no issues whatsoever, you won't regret it!

07 Sahara Unlimited, D44īs Supercharged LS on 37īs....
post #3 of 9 Old 02-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Rock God

Dr. Dirty has the RE long arm here is his coilover install thread

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45070
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 02-11-2012, 01:39 PM
JKowners Vendor

Sir

JK's are a long way away from TJ's... JK's can put 35's under 2.5" of lift. The need for a long arm system really does not come into play until you are above 4" of lift. If it is a "want" thing, then by all means get a long arm system, but if you are relating it back to your old TJ, then you might want to look a little more closely at your needs. The JK world is completely different than the TJ world.

If you have any questions on our Rock Krawler Products, Let us Know!

If you even just want to discuss options and needs, feel free to give us a shout!

Rock Krawler
post #5 of 9 Old 02-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Wheeler

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
Sir

JK's are a long way away from TJ's... JK's can put 35's under 2.5" of lift. The need for a long arm system really does not come into play until you are above 4" of lift. If it is a "want" thing, then by all means get a long arm system, but if you are relating it back to your old TJ, then you might want to look a little more closely at your needs. The JK world is completely different than the TJ world.

If you have any questions on our Rock Krawler Products, Let us Know!

If you even just want to discuss options and needs, feel free to give us a shout!

Rock Krawler
Don't want to Hijack this thread but can you help me out a little? I'm stuck between your 3.5'' max travel and Clayton 3.5'' premium. I know there both good lifts but why would you say yours is better? What else should I be looking to buy along with your 3.5 max travel? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to hijack this thread with me.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-21-2012, 08:59 PM
JKowners Vendor

Our 3.5" premium kit is very popular. A long arm kit makes a huge difference on a TJ with 4+ inches. But on a JK the arms are longer, wheel wells bigger, so a 3.5" short arm kit rides awesome, and does not require cutting and going to a long arm. A quality long arm will gain you some benefits, but its benefits are not as clear until you get to a taller lift height.

http://claytonoffroad.com/index.php/cPath/15_22

Check out the site, give us a call, or email us any questions you may have.

Our 2012 JK long arm cross member is probably a month or 2 out at this time.

Adam
Clayton Off Road Inc.

Last edited by Clayton Off Road; 02-21-2012 at 09:08 PM.
post #7 of 9 Old 02-21-2012, 09:01 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Don't want to Hijack this thread but can you help me out a little? I'm stuck between your 3.5'' max travel and Clayton 3.5'' premium. I know there both good lifts but why would you say yours is better? What else should I be looking to buy along with your 3.5 max travel? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to hijack this thread with me.
Well I would recommend the 3.5" premium kit. :-)

Give us a call, or email us and I can go over all the details, and answer any questions you may have.

We have a few options so if you let me know what type of use your JK will see, i can make some better recommendations.

Adam
Clayton Off Road Inc.
post #8 of 9 Old 02-22-2012, 08:37 AM
JKowners Vendor

For 35's you have a ton of options. Even our 2.5" Max Travel nicely fits 35's. It really is up to you and the look you are going for.

The Clayton 3.5" Premium System and our Rock Krawler 3.5" Max. Travel System are both quality systems.

Some of the major differences that we are seeing are as follows;

- Our 3.5" Max. Travel System includes a high steer conversion.

- All of our Mid Arm systems include "high clearance" lower control arms

- All of our Mid Arm systems include front sway bar disconnects and rear sway bar end links..

- Our 3.5" Max. Travel System includes a double adjustable rear track bar. The Clayton System's leave this out as an optional piece.

- All of our 3.5" Systems include long travel progressive rate front coils.

- We do sell our bump stops seperately and Clayton puts them into the system. We sell the seperately so we can taylor the bump stop heights to your wheel, tire, fender, lift height, and shock combination.

The Clayton 3.5" Premium System compares more closely to our 3.5" X Factor Mid Arm System, but even on that system we provide you with the sway bar disconnects, rear links and double adjustable rear track bar....

RK

If you have any questions regarding our products or just want to talk Jeep feel free to give us a shout... Good Luck with your builds guys.
post #9 of 9 Old 02-23-2012, 05:43 AM
Rock God

I've delt with too many Jeeps with too many Rubicon Express problems. The radius arm setup is over rated eats bushings if you use it.
I've taken two RE kits off JKs and replaced them with RK lifts and the customers say they handle much better, I have one scheduled in two weeks to do the same thing to.....check out the RK stuff, if you need some great deals shoot me a PM.
Alex

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode