post #1 of 6 Old 11-19-2007, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Which one first?

Debating weather to buy wheels or winch and bumper first what do y'all think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

What do you have right now? What size are you thinking of going to?

Stock X/Saharah, I would get tires

Rubi I would get Winch/Bumper

Keep in mind that usually tires do not come without supporting mods though (wheels/spacers, lift, gears, etc...) depending on the size you are thinking
post #3 of 6 Old 11-19-2007, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Not tires just wheels for now, I have stock Rubicon. Looking to buy AEV Pintler bead lock wheels or Warn XD9000i with either Shaffer or Shrockworks bumper. That's what I'm in question about. Hey thanks for reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-19-2007, 09:10 PM
gcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdjprub View Post
Not tires just wheels for now, I have stock Rubicon. Looking to buy AEV Pintler bead lock wheels or Warn XD9000i with either Shaffer or Shrockworks bumper. That's what I'm in question about. Hey thanks for reply.
The wheels won't add any performance improvement but the winch will get you unstuck and give you confidence on the trail. The bumper will give you some added protection.

It depends on whether you want to add to the looks or make it perform better offroad.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

Sorry I misred your original post.

Sounds like it is a looks vs function question so it will really come down to what you want and how you use your vehicle.

The wheels you are talking about are badass and one of the first wheels I have seen that I liked on a Jeep. That said, I just have Steel wheels that where less then $50 a wheel. That was so I had money left over to get a winch bumper. I went with a Schrockworks stubby.

For me it is not even a question. While I like my Jeep to look good, and while I am trying to buy the stuff that I think looks nice, I know that most of it is going to get damaged, just a fact of how I drive my Jeep. Steel wheels are easily replaced and I won't get chest pain when I bounce them off a rock.

No question at all, for my use, that I would go with the winch and bumper.
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...t=schrockworks
post #6 of 6 Old 11-21-2007, 07:25 AM
Granite Guru

As well if you are going to just get wheels and not tires you will have to get 17" which are ok, but i think most people on hee will agree with me when i say "more sidewall is always better"

I would go for the winch if you are not planning on any suspension/tire size upgrades right now.

btw 17" beadlocks are going to run you more than 15" ones will.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode