Rubicon auto disconnect sway bar? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 03-06-2009, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Question Rubicon auto disconnect sway bar?

Do you lose the push button disconnect feature for the sway bar on the Rubicon when you lift it. I am looking to lift eather 3.5 or 4 inch.
Thanks,
Kevin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-06-2009, 09:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

no sir you do not

www.jeepasylum.com
post #3 of 16 Old 03-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Granite Guru

the real question is whether or not it works reliably to begin with; mine sure doesn't and I haven't even gotten around to lifting it yet.

2012 Sahara Tan Unlimited Rubicon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 03-06-2009, 09:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmedic View Post
the real question is whether or not it works reliably to begin with; mine sure doesn't and I haven't even gotten around to lifting it yet.
i went thru multiple "Smart bars" they werent very smart for me

www.jeepasylum.com
post #5 of 16 Old 03-06-2009, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Well that is great.
Thank you.
Kevin.
post #6 of 16 Old 03-06-2009, 10:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

I know a lot of ppl have probs with the disconnects but mine has been trouble free for over 2 years of abuse

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #7 of 16 Old 03-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Granite Guru

What have the problems been? Mine has been great. Disco's immediately, locks back in over 18pmh, then unlocks... I've put it through the paces, and havent had a single issue.
post #8 of 16 Old 03-07-2009, 02:40 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiJK View Post
What have the problems been? Mine has been great. Disco's immediately, locks back in over 18pmh, then unlocks... I've put it through the paces, and havent had a single issue.
mine seems DC fine, but doesn't like to connect back up again unless I pull the plug and plug it back in at the motor...like i said, not all the time, but it's happened enough to be very annoying.

2012 Sahara Tan Unlimited Rubicon
post #9 of 16 Old 03-07-2009, 05:38 AM
Rock God

mine hasn't worked in a long time....and the local dealership fawked me over it, so now it's just dead weight. but the lift had nothing to do with it not working. ****ty manufacturing was the problem.
post #10 of 16 Old 03-07-2009, 07:23 AM
Rock God

the only problem I have seen is if you lift and don't change the sway bar links you may fold them over during articulation.

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
post #11 of 16 Old 03-07-2009, 07:35 AM
Rock God

Mine always worked fine w/ 4" of lift... Ended up selling it b/c I now have 37s & 5.5" lift & seems like that'd put a lot more strain on the system than it was designed for so I figured I'd upgrade before I have issues or damage it.

Like BigJerm said make sure you change your links, seems they need to be longer than most kits provide with their lift.

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #12 of 16 Old 03-07-2009, 09:00 AM
Granite Guru

I herd about some problems with the electrical system on the disco system, something to do with moisture damage. I have had my rubi for almost three years and have not seen this problem , I even live where there is a good amount of snow and I wheel all year with lots of water crossings . I am running a 3.25" lift kit and have no problems. I do pressure was my jeep very well after wheeling. No problems yet.

Mountain-Man

-------------------------------
2007 Rubicon 4dr. Mods to date, Rustys 3.25 lift, 15" Pro-comp wheels, 35" Big-O XT's , Riddler dif covers, Magnaflow Exhaust, SRC front bumper w/XRC8 winch, Hypertech programer, Air Tube, Co2 Air Bottle
post #13 of 16 Old 03-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Alec W

Mine has been problem free so far and it sure is nice just to hit a switch. Having said that, as soon as I have trouble with it Iíll be removing it and going with manual discos.
post #14 of 16 Old 03-07-2009, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thank you all for the input. I thought for sure that you would loose this option with a lift. Whether it works or not at least I know that it is still available.
Kevin.
post #15 of 16 Old 03-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Granite Guru

I know if you lift your jeep more that 4" you will need extended sway bar links. Most kits have you use the rears in the front and supply you with longer rear links. I have seen some damage due to the links not being long enough.

Mountain-Man

-------------------------------
2007 Rubicon 4dr. Mods to date, Rustys 3.25 lift, 15" Pro-comp wheels, 35" Big-O XT's , Riddler dif covers, Magnaflow Exhaust, SRC front bumper w/XRC8 winch, Hypertech programer, Air Tube, Co2 Air Bottle
post #16 of 16 Old 03-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Granite Guru

Does anyone know of a way to bypass it so it will stay disconnected in high range and above 18 mph?

thanks,
peter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode