Installed Synergy hood louvres...and a HEMI! PICS! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 02-08-2012, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Send a message via MSN to Rafic
Talking Installed Synergy hood louvres...and a HEMI! PICS!

Hello everyone! After almost 3 years of preps and part sourcing and pocket emptying purchases, my JK build is almost complete. I bought my JK in 2008. Been slowly building in it over the years. First to go on the JK was an OME lift. And everything went "up hill" from there . The mods that followed are:

2in Body lift, ARB front deluxe winch bumper, T-max 12k winch, JKS trackbars, 900xs driving lights, Hi-Lift jack + hi-lift tailgate mount, ARB Diff covers, Wade wind deflectors, Mopar rear light covers, Gap guards, AEV rear corner guards, modified rear euro bumper, Delta hood light bar, 33" Maxxis Big Horns, Ripp s/c, MBRP Exhaust, Pioneer head unit, MB Quart sound system, back up camera, Rugged Ridge front seat vests, DirtyDog4x4 Mesh headers, Viper Alarm, Daystar dash panel, Daystar hood latches, Volant Snorkel, US spec license plate holder, Spidertrax spacers, IPF H4 head light upgrade.

Then came the HEMI!!! 6.1l pullout from a 2008 Grand Cherokee SRT8. Bought the engine 3 years ago from a local scrap yard. Engine had only 18k km on it. The scrap yard guy had it lying around his shop and told me he has no customers for it and he would only sell it to me as is with its A580 tranny attached to it along with every conceivable part on it. The engine came with all its options (AC compressor, power steering, starter, alternator, even the OEM wiring harness was intact). He let the whole thing go for $4K. He was asking for a stand alone 5.7 Hemi with nothing on it for 3500$. I ended up with a spare A580 tranny lying around. The 5-45RFE tranny was also sourced from a local scrap yard 3 months ago. And that too was in great condition. It was on 2007 Ram or Durango. Switched the A580 for that at no extra cost

The kit I used is the AEV premium kit. Very well designed kit. Everything was easy breezy and bolted on great. Along with the Hemi kit I got 17" Rugged Ridge matt black wheels, 35" Cooper SSTs, Synergy hood louvres from Poly Performance, Alloy USA 4.88 gears, having the front ARB bumper resprayed in wrinkle finish matt black to match the AEV corner guards.

The JK is still under the knife at the moment because the paint supplier guy messed up on the delivery of the paint supplies so got pushed till tomorrow. I managed today to get the hood louvres cutouts done. Only thing left is the front bumper.

Dunno if I forgot some things to mention! I will post detailed pics of the Hemi build later on when all is done. It has been a hectic month doing the build. I enlisted the help of a local premium body shop and a friend mechanic to conduct and assist with the difficult parts of the Hemi build. Swapping an engine is no easy task! I am no mechanic but I know how to twist a screwdriver! I helped in every way possible in the swap process to the best of my abilities. And when it seamed I would mess things up, the guys at the bodyshop and the mechanic pushed me aside to correctly install/setup things

Anyway on the some early pics!

The before pics:

The before Hemi pics:

HEMI 6.1L - 4.88 Gears - OME HD Lift - OME Steering Stab - Front & Rear RK Trackbar + Relocation Bracket - ARB Deluxe Front Bumper - Warn 9.5cti - IPF XS900 - 35" Cooper STT - 17" Ruged Ridge Wheels - ARB Diff Covers - AEV Rear Corner Guards - Mopar Rear Light Guards - Rugged Ridge Hi Lift Mount - Daystar Dash Top - Daystar Switch Panel - Pioneer AVH 4100 - 2x MB Quart Component Sets - 1x R.F. AMP - 1x Pioneer AMP - 1x Pioneer Small Sub Enclosure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 02-08-2012, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

After Hemi pics:

Cheers!!!!!

HEMI 6.1L - 4.88 Gears - OME HD Lift - OME Steering Stab - Front & Rear RK Trackbar + Relocation Bracket - ARB Deluxe Front Bumper - Warn 9.5cti - IPF XS900 - 35" Cooper STT - 17" Ruged Ridge Wheels - ARB Diff Covers - AEV Rear Corner Guards - Mopar Rear Light Guards - Rugged Ridge Hi Lift Mount - Daystar Dash Top - Daystar Switch Panel - Pioneer AVH 4100 - 2x MB Quart Component Sets - 1x R.F. AMP - 1x Pioneer AMP - 1x Pioneer Small Sub Enclosure
post #3 of 17 Old 02-08-2012, 09:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Looks super awesome!

Sent via your mom on a tricycle wearing a paper crown from Burger King

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
D60 Front 99-04 Ford ARB w/ 5.38
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42 MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 02-08-2012, 09:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafic View Post
After Hemi pics:

Hey, who's that watching in the background?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 Old 02-08-2012, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
Hey, who's that watching in the background?
HAHA! A Hemi fan!

post #6 of 17 Old 02-08-2012, 09:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'd fan her with my "hemi".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #7 of 17 Old 02-09-2012, 02:05 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Nice hood work

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #8 of 17 Old 02-09-2012, 02:14 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

One day.....

Congrats

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
post #9 of 17 Old 02-09-2012, 04:23 AM
JKO Addict!

Congrats on the build, but I sure hope you didn't take OUT the 2.8L diesel to replace it with a HEMI and then cork it up with a snorkel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #10 of 17 Old 02-09-2012, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

No we dont get the 2.8 diesel here like you guys. And the snorkel was there before the Hemi install . Working on the JK right now! Tidying up the engine bay, installing the front facia, bumper being sprayed right now and will install it tomorrow! Woohoooo!

post #11 of 17 Old 02-09-2012, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

post #12 of 17 Old 02-09-2012, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
Nice hood work
Thx!! Measure twice, cut once! The way we did it, we measured and aligned the louvres. We drew their outline/diagram with painters tape. The hood looked like an architect's drawing! Then we kept them in their correct place with some painters tape. Then we drilled out their mounting holes and installed the screws. Later came the cutting of the openings under them after we marked out the cutting outline/area using the perturbing screws as a guide. This way me made sure of where to cut and how much to cut using the screws' outline underneath! Removed louvres, drilled consecutive small holes with a small drill bit along the outline of the soon to be cutout. Then smoothed out the edges into a straight line. This way we removed the risk of bending/deforming the sheet metal under the pressure of cutting disc.

Last edited by Rafic; 02-09-2012 at 11:48 AM.
post #13 of 17 Old 02-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Granite Guru

I so want to test drive that Jeep...
post #14 of 17 Old 02-14-2012, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepmods View Post
I so want to test drive that Jeep...
Name time and place and shes all yours! Given you drop by Beirut I created a new thread with the updated pics!

post #15 of 17 Old 02-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Granite Guru

I would buuuut, I'd much rather be here. lol. Love the Jeep though.
post #16 of 17 Old 02-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Rock God

Garage

Awesome Build! Get some Burn out pics!!

Method Motorsports

Email:
post #17 of 17 Old 02-15-2012, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGET IT View Post
Awesome Build! Get some Burn out pics!!
Thx!! Better pix here!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode