Full traction long arm upgrade questions - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 02-05-2012, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Full traction long arm upgrade questions

First off i want to say i know that a lot of people on here dont care much for full traction products. The point of this thread isn't to hear from those people since i have seen the threads and comments already. I want to hear from any full traction long arm owners only.

More specifically im interested in hearing feedback from anyone with the full traction LA upgrade or one of the LA suspension kits that is bolt on. Im curious on how exactly the install is and any pictures would be good too. There really isnt any info on full tractions website about the kit besides its a bolt on. I was trying to see if they had a PDF of the install directions but couldnt find any. Also i was wondering if their long arm kits keep the rear axle in the stock position or does it move it back 1" like some kits? Anyways if any owners out there could post up some pictures or their input on the LA system it would be appreciated. Also i know full traction is on here too so maybe someone from their will chime in as well.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-05-2012, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

so does no one have one of the full traction bolt on LA suspensions or does no one have anything positive to say about them?....or both?
post #3 of 15 Old 02-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Rock God

All their stuff is doo doo. Get the poly performance LA upgrade

07 Rescue Green Unlimited
Upcoming projects - Much needed TLC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 02-05-2012, 03:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'll second that. I have no experience with FT, but I'm 100% pleased with the Poly Long Arm that I've got on the rear (no pun intended). I'm runnin' the Clayton up front, but I'd assume that the Poly front is just the same as the rear. It was a fairly long install, but there was no welding involved. Lots of drilling and grinding, but no welding. I'll see if I can find some pics, but I don't know for sure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 Old 02-05-2012, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Jong Il View Post
All their stuff is doo doo. Get the poly performance LA upgrade
The poly LA upgrade is a LOT more money then others out there such as ones from RC, RE, or TF. I never said said i was going to get the long arm upgrade from full traction for sure but i am curious to hear feedback from owners of the system since the bushing issues supposedly have been fixed. Im sure im not the only only the full traction kit interests since its bolt on and can always be welded later. For now though i would like to hear from someone who actually owns one of their bolt on systems.
post #6 of 15 Old 02-05-2012, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
I'll second that. I have no experience with FT, but I'm 100% pleased with the Poly Long Arm that I've got on the rear (no pun intended). I'm runnin' the Clayton up front, but I'd assume that the Poly front is just the same as the rear. It was a fairly long install, but there was no welding involved. Lots of drilling and grinding, but no welding. I'll see if I can find some pics, but I don't know for sure.
wait, so the poly was a bolt on? or the rear was at least?
post #7 of 15 Old 02-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to joeglock

I ran the The FT for a year on my 2dr. it handled whell on the road.

the cons:
VERY VERY squeeky.
rear did not flex well.
the front cross member is a horrible design. you can not run any skid plates with it. and your lose about 1.5-2 inchs of ground clearance at the belly.
post #8 of 15 Old 02-05-2012, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeglock View Post
I ran the The FT for a year on my 2dr. it handled whell on the road.

the cons:
VERY VERY squeeky.
rear did not flex well.
the front cross member is a horrible design. you can not run any skid plates with it. and your lose about 1.5-2 inchs of ground clearance at the belly.
Thanks for the feedback. losing 1.5-2 of ground clearance is a lot unless you have a 6 lift on one of these rigs.what did you end up replacing it with?
post #9 of 15 Old 02-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Rock God

Garage

Full traction recently redesigned their longarm kit.

1. No longer replaces the cross member. Uses stock crossmember and comes with a skid plate to protect exhaust crossover. You wont lose ground clearance with it.

2. The redesigned the flex joints and the bushings, which I haven't heard if any issues since the did this.

3. Requires no welding. Still have to cut off stock brackets.

I would imagine any lack of flex is due to improper shock length. I've wheeled with Joe, RDY4RKS, with the older full traction longarm and evo coilovers/evo lever, and it has no lack of flex. I actually like the new Full Traction design better than my Teraflex longarms.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Proud to be One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001-2010.

Semper Fi
post #10 of 15 Old 02-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to joeglock

i went with rock krawler after the FT. and my rear on the rock kawler flexes just fine. with the same fox shocks i had with the FT. the redesign sounds like it fixed alot of my issuses. i would not mind seeing more on it.
post #11 of 15 Old 02-05-2012, 07:27 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Hitmoney did a Poly Performance LA Bolt on kit on Smuffete and has seemed to be really pleased with it.

post #12 of 15 Old 02-06-2012, 08:35 AM
JKowners Vendor

If you have any questions on our products, please let us know!

Rock Krawler
post #13 of 15 Old 11-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Granite Guru

Did the OP ever go with the Full Traction LA setup? Does anyone else have any feedback?
post #14 of 15 Old 11-08-2013, 05:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Poor quality. Go poly/Synergy or RK if you feel you need a LA.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #15 of 15 Old 11-11-2013, 08:51 AM
JKowners Vendor

Turbine Guy

If you have any questions regarding our Rock Krawler Long Arm Systems, please let us know. Good luck with your build.

RK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode