Teraflex VS. Rock Krawler - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 02-03-2012, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Teraflex VS. Rock Krawler

Looking at 2.5" lifts, and have decided it will be Teraflex or Rock Krawler, no other. Looking at the TeraFlex 2.5" with shocks, about $750, or the Rock Krawler 2.5" Max travel, about $1200 and would still need to buy shocks. I am looking for an upgrade over stock, looking for springs that will not sag from my bumper/winch. I will run a 35" tire at the maximum. Not looking for any hardcore trails, building more of an expedition Jeep and Jeep will be my DD. If any CO guys/gals care to answer, I will never run Holy Cross, Carnage, Blanca, none of those trails, most likely. So, would the Teraflex serve me well, or should I save my pennies for the RK Max Travel? Tough call for me, but if I can save $450+, and be happy, and I hear Teraflex is a great product, why not???? Oh, vehicle is a 2012 JKUR.

Thanks,
Brent

Last edited by Brent13; 02-03-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-03-2012, 05:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Both are very popular, and you can't go wrong with either.

My Build Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NE Trail Ride Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #3 of 13 Old 02-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Granite Guru

Installed the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift about a month ago. No issues with it that I can find. Have done some lite wheeling and a couple of mud holes no problem. The RK kit comes with some adjustable parts that help with getting the caster set back correctly. I told myself before I bought the Teraflex kit that for the cheaper price I would see if I need to add them later on. So far I can do with out them. After 500 miles I retorqued everything and double checked it all. At that point I also had it up on the lift and pulled the sway bar loose to check and see if there would be and issues with the DS or it's boot rubbing the skid plate and glad to say I plenty of clearance. Both kits will do you well it's just a matter if you feel if you need the adjustable parts now.

Sent from my imagination.

2010 JKU Sahara
Teraflex 2.5 Coil Lift w/ 9550 Shocks
Teraflex Quick Disconnects
Moto Metal 17" 950s
Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.5x17
Superchips Flashpaq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 02-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Granite Guru

Stupid double post.

2010 JKU Sahara
Teraflex 2.5 Coil Lift w/ 9550 Shocks
Teraflex Quick Disconnects
Moto Metal 17" 950s
Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.5x17
Superchips Flashpaq

Last edited by HighTower; 02-03-2012 at 07:58 PM.
post #5 of 13 Old 02-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Wheeler

I had the same decision to make a month or so ago. I went with Teraflex and upgraded to Fox shocks through Marcus and have NO regrets. Very complete kit, install was a breeze, and this being my DD rides very similar to stock which is what I wanted. Currently riding on 35" km2s and looks great. Had I thought I may eventually upgrade I would of went with RK but this is the height I wanted and Teraflex delivered everything in a complete package. River City Offroad had everything shipped to me within a few days at a great price.
post #6 of 13 Old 02-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I"ve run suspensions from both companies. Can't go wrong with either.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #7 of 13 Old 02-03-2012, 07:32 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

I am sitting on the exact same decision. I am partial to Teraflex because Joe has always been cool as hell (the dude even sent me some sand from Moab along with a 2011 catalog because of a joke) and they have been a quality product since forever. The RK stuff is excellent as well, I am running their long travel spacer kit and it has been perfect... Still mulling around the idea because I don't need more lift than I have right now with the stock Rubi tires. In time that will change. I think you get more for the money with TF depending on what you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #8 of 13 Old 02-03-2012, 07:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Im so happy with mine Im still running it with 37's using flat fender and 1/2in spacers. I've had it for over 3 years on two Jeeps and it has held up well. I recommend using Bilstien 5100's or better for shocks.

The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.-Thomas Paine

See Garage for Mods
post #9 of 13 Old 02-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Breaker of nice things

Garage

Both are great lifts/companies, but you're not really coating apples to apples. The RK Max Travel has the new control arms with it, so if you wanted the Tera equivalent, you would want to look into also picking up their arms as well, or looking at the RK Stock Mod setup.

And also...look at the Bilstein 5100's or Fox 2.0's for shock selection.
post #10 of 13 Old 02-04-2012, 06:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

Rockkrawler, I've had nothing but issues with my tf stuff, bad springs from the start, had to buy a new set then send the old set back before they would credit me, there was a ton more involved. Joe even said the way they made him handle it was wrong, how many other fuckers do you know that have a set of dial calipers that are large enough to measure springs? Then the bushing for one of the swaybar links took a shit, they replaces it no problems but literally six days later the new ones had surface rust so bad you could scrape it off with your finger nail.

I've been a quality control manager for years and have dealt with stuff from all over the world and as soon as I opened the boxes I felt that everything looked like it came from china, I still feel the same. I have been swapping everything out to poly performance and there is a night and day difference. The rockkrawler kit came out about 6 weeks after I bought the tf kit and have kicked myself since. Many others love tf and I am glad that they have had better dealings with them than I.

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

post #11 of 13 Old 02-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

We do teraflex and rockkrawler, and both are very good. This is a hard choice to make.

Poptronics baltimore
post #12 of 13 Old 02-04-2012, 07:57 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Rock Krawler
post #13 of 13 Old 02-04-2012, 08:18 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You should look at SYNERGY system!

2014 Rubicon on the build!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode