Got the lift, wheels and tires on! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-02-2012, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Got the lift, wheels and tires on!

Well my friend and I got my lift, wheels and tires put on yesterday. It was dark and late when we finished so I didn't get any pics until today.

Everything went pretty smooth on the lift because we took our time and I've been reading on here for awhile on tips and tricks on putting on a spacer lift. I ended up getting lucky also because I didn't have to adjust to drag link and I have no esp lights on.

It drives really nice and is a lot smoother than the extremely worn out stock bfg KM1's. The power loss isn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it was gonna be. It still gets up to and maintains highway speeds pretty easy. It does come out of O/D now though on steeper inclines. I'm hoping to be able to afford a re-gear to 5.13's here in the next year.

The only real problem we ran into was some idiot from somewhere that the previous owner had it for service mangled one of the front wheel studs. We barely got the lug nut off and I only put 4 back on until I could get it fixed today. Surprisingly the wheel studs are dealer only. All the parts stores only showed the whole hub (YEAH RIGHT!!). Went to the local dealership and got a new stud for $2.50 and had it fixed in less time than it took to jack up the front and take the wheel off. LOL.

Anyway here are some pics that I got today. It was later in the afternoon and it's been crappy out all day plus the jeep is dirty so they're not the greatest.

Oh and I gotta get a normal spare on there now too. The stocker looks retarded. LOL.

Mine: 07 Unlimited Rubicon. Red rock crystal. RC 2.5" spacer lift. 35x12.50 mtr/k's mounted on 15x8" black mb72 wheels. Riddler diffs covers, PSC evap skid. Sleeved, gusseted and skidded front axle.

Hers: 05 WK limited 4.7, Midnight blue pearlcoat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Wheeler

Looks Good, nice job
post #3 of 6 Old 02-02-2012, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thank you! I LOVE the new look. It's amazing what a small BB and some 35's can do for your jeep! It looks so much tougher now. I can't wait till the 18th of this month to get down to Rausch creek and try it all out!

Mine: 07 Unlimited Rubicon. Red rock crystal. RC 2.5" spacer lift. 35x12.50 mtr/k's mounted on 15x8" black mb72 wheels. Riddler diffs covers, PSC evap skid. Sleeved, gusseted and skidded front axle.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Sweet looking rig! I can't believe that's all the dealer charges for a stud. They assrape you for the plastic clips that hold the fender flares on.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-02-2012, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Yeah I was really surprised myself. I was honestly waiting for them to say 10 or 15 bucks. I was also surprised at how easy it was to change too! I was half expecting to have to pull the hub to do it. Nope, took off the wheel, removed the caliper rotated the hub so the the bad stud was at the 9 o'clock position and whacked it a few times with my bfh, slid the new one in and slapped on a bunch of thick washers and drew it into the hub with a lug nut. It was literally a five minute job even taking the wheel off!

post #6 of 6 Old 02-02-2012, 08:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Looks great, nice work!

Sent from my cardboard box using Tapatalk

Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode