Best bolt in 1 tons - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 01-29-2012, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Best bolt in 1 tons

Looking at getting bolt in 1 ton axles. Is there any company to avoid or stay away from? Was looking at

http://www.quadratec.com/products/52461_200X_PG.htm

http://www.currieenterprises.com/CES...t.aspx?id=2996
http://rocksolidperformance.com/inde...prodserv_axles

Are the g2 axles currie axles but they are setting the lockers gears in them? These are not the places i would purchase them from just getting ideas on what to get and who to get them through. I still have my 41.5 iroks so goal is to build to use them on my jeep. Or are there any cheaper alternatives that are just as good or close? Doing work myself but like to keep things simple don't have a garage built at new house yet.

Last edited by halo216; 01-29-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 01-31-2012, 05:35 AM
Rock God

Check out Solid Axle and Dynatrac. We use Solid here and we've had great customer service and the quality is top notch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 16 Old 01-31-2012, 11:28 AM
Rock God

I'm a Currie Rock Jock fan, and I've had excellent service from them as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 01-31-2012, 11:40 AM
Rock God

What ever you do go Rear Full float. Reason why is cause the weight of our JK's and the leverage of a 40+ tire on a flange (semi float) axle, your just asking for bent flanges. I've bent a few. Sure your gonna hear from Semi float guys that they have never bent one, but it's all how you use or abuse your Jeep. Just sayin, I wouldn't bother with a Semi float rear axle.

2010 JKUR, 4" Pro C., 3/4" f Daystar spacer, 5.38's, EVO sleeve/gusset/custom trussed, Rear Ten Factory axle shafts, 1.5" wheel spacers, Pro C. 17 x 9 wheels, 38 x 14.50 x 17 MTR's, SuperChip FP, no fenders, B&M Tranny cooler, Magnaflow, Fr./ Rr. frame hacked off, HD Balls

29,000 miles as of 12/13/14
post #5 of 16 Old 01-31-2012, 11:43 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10jk View Post
What ever you do go Rear Full float. Reason why is cause the weight of our JK's and the leverage of a 40+ tire on a flange (semi float) axle, your just asking for bent flanges. I've bent a few. Sure your gonna hear from Semi float guys that they have never bent one, but it's all how you use or abuse your Jeep. Just sayin, I wouldn't bother with a Semi float rear axle.
Agree. If I could afford bolt in 1 tons it would be dynatrac. I have seen their pro rock 44 compared to a currie 60 and 44 and it seemed more substantial to me, however, I don't think you could go wrong with currie, dyntrac, or solid.

08 jk unlimited X
1 ton axles
39.5 Iroks

post #6 of 16 Old 01-31-2012, 11:56 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10jk View Post
go Rear Full float.

Also agree. Ask me how I know.

post #7 of 16 Old 01-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Rock God

Also go 8 lug,,,,, I have also twisted/bent the 5 studs (on spacer and axle itself) at the same time. Since I tweeked the right rear studs again. And Yes, I do keep an eye on and torque my wheel lug nuts to 95 ft. lb.s with a torque wrench before and after I wheel, the spacers were torqued and "red locktite" when installed. The spacer lugs have never come loose and to get them off took a he11 of a breaker bar just to break them loose.

2010 JKUR, 4" Pro C., 3/4" f Daystar spacer, 5.38's, EVO sleeve/gusset/custom trussed, Rear Ten Factory axle shafts, 1.5" wheel spacers, Pro C. 17 x 9 wheels, 38 x 14.50 x 17 MTR's, SuperChip FP, no fenders, B&M Tranny cooler, Magnaflow, Fr./ Rr. frame hacked off, HD Balls

29,000 miles as of 12/13/14
post #8 of 16 Old 01-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Rock God

For the really big dog, our JK ProRock 80 full float will go on sale later this year.
Attached Images

post #9 of 16 Old 01-31-2012, 04:55 PM
Rock God

I have a dynatrac pr44 in the front of my jeep and let me tell you this thing is solid I love it. Sometime in the near future I may go with there full float rear setup. I like dynatrac personally

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
post #10 of 16 Old 01-31-2012, 05:07 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynatrac View Post
For the really big dog, our JK ProRock 80 full float will go on sale later this year.
Sexy!!

OP: Okay..... not that you did any searching, as this post is on the front page of the mod section.... but there you go. One to avoid! I wish I had spent the extra coin and gone with the Dynatrac or anything else for that matter.
post #11 of 16 Old 01-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Rock God

Quote:
What ya waitin on?

post #12 of 16 Old 01-31-2012, 10:18 PM
Rock God

I went with Teraflex 60's front and rear.

Have not ran them yet but the build quality and components have exceeded my expectations.

Hit up Impulse Offroad (JKO Yellow Star Vendor) for detailed pricing and specs.

I think you will find that they are going to be the best cost solution.

John Williams (Impulse) has the best pricing and service I have found anywhere.

Build Thread:

ACE Engineering
586-806-6641
[B]
post #13 of 16 Old 02-01-2012, 04:28 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yeah my dodge had the 60 FF rear axle and 8 lug would be great so i don't need to buy new wheels either. I see this being a 5 year build unless i want to be broke fast again. Starting simple keeping it daily driver and in the end have it be able to go any were. I have the lift and big tire itch but i don't want to re-gear current axles or swap out the front axle just to replaced with 1 tons. Thanks for the input.
post #14 of 16 Old 02-01-2012, 07:57 AM
jss
Rock God

LS in a JK

We use DynaTrac axles and we do not have any problems.
www.jeepspeedshop.com
post #15 of 16 Old 02-13-2012, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Is it easy to get 8 lug conversion on any of the dynatrac axles?
post #16 of 16 Old 02-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Figures you would come out with this just after I did your 60's front and rear!!

I would say go with Dynatrac....Absolutely love my 60's and they have NO issues managing the tug of war between the 6.7 hemi and the sticky Treps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo216 View Post
Is it easy to get 8 lug conversion on any of the dynatrac axles?
Simple, just tell them when you order....can even get custom widths, lockers, different mounts, bigger brakes etc etc etc.

Courtesy of Hit - "You should only fuck the fuckable.. to fuck the unfuckable or to un-fuck the fuckable is like crossing streams in Ghost Busters"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode