RoadRace Piggy Back Short Ram Intake/AEV ProCal/ Sprint Booster Combo - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-27-2012, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

RoadRace Piggy Back Short Ram Intake/AEV ProCal/ Sprint Booster Combo

First off, I have nothing against tuners of any kind. I ran a SuperChips in my Yellow Rig before I sold it. When I got the Spyder JK which is an 07, Larry never used a tuner or even re-calibrated for the tire size or gears which is fine considering the Jeep lived at Hammers.

Anyway the idea all started when Johnny at RoadRace sent me their New Short Ram Map Sensor PiggyBack Intake to test. Very cool idea. https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66169

It's basically an Air Intake System which also comes with a PIGGY BACK Map Sensor Black Box. It reprograms the variables for additional Air Fuel Mix WITHOUT TOUCHING the computer. It took about 50 miles of driving for the Jeep to relearn but DAMN... It works! I have it matched with my Magnaflow Off Road Pro Series; 5 x 14in. Muffler; 2.5in. Tubing; 3.0in. Turn Down.

But now I was pissed. I actually got good power gain but had wrong shift points and throttle lag from the Drive-By-Wire crap.

So this really got me thinking what kind of nice power gain I could get without flashing the computer with a tune. This would be cool for some 2011 and 2012 guys.

So this is what I wanted to accomplish.
  1. No tuner or reflash of the computer so that their is NO NEED to bring it back to a Stock Point before Dealer Visits ( No Power Tunes. It's a MiniVan Engine and I'm only going to get so much out of it)
  2. Correct the Speedo and Shift Points.
  3. Get Rid of The Throttle Lag

SO next was the AVE ProCal! This corrected the Tire Size, Speedo and Gearing for proper Shift Points. Again... without Reflashing the Computer! The ProCal only adjusts parameters the vehicle uses in calculations before the computer. These parameters will not void your warranty, will not cause reliability issues, and can always be modified or restored to an original value. http://www.aev-conversions.com/education/159

Next was to get rid of the Throttle Lag. Sprint Booster Time! The Drive-By-Wire on the JK system apparently incorporates a lag, but all this thing does is decrease the response time from input to output. Again without Reflashing the computer.
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...Sprint+Booster

I gotta say, the Jeep FEELS TOTALLY Different. Nice smooth acceleration and it doesn’t take much on the throttle to drop gear and pull. The best part is knowing I did not flash the computer. Very cool. Thank John at RoadRace for letting me test the intake but I’m not giving it back. Sorry. And thanks David at NorthRidge for getting me the AEV ProCal and Sprint Booster 2 Day.

Last edited by mediamaxim; 01-27-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Great Review.

I have been following the other threads on these and am really interested. I especially like how you put all this together with the need for a tuner.

09 BLACK Sahara 4 Door - Auto, G2 4.88s
TF 2.5" Coil Lift w/shocks, TF Frnt Adj Trac, TF FLCA, JKS Discos, JKS Rear Adj Trac, LOD Full Rear GEN2,
A.C.E. Rock Rails, Viper TB: Check the Garage for more.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-28-2012, 05:34 AM
Granite Guru

Thanks buddy i realy needed to see in in righting to get the names any idea when the S R M S piggy back is avaible ??
and I will be doing this

Lifted Locked Armored on 37's
I live I ride I go Over Shit
Geezer's Tank
and now TinkerRubi on 40's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-28-2012, 06:23 AM
Granite Guru

Thanks buddy i realy needed to see in in righting to get the names any idea when the S R M S piggy back is avaible ??
and I will be doing this

Lifted Locked Armored on 37's
I live I ride I go Over Shit
Geezer's Tank
and now TinkerRubi on 40's
post #5 of 7 Old 01-28-2012, 08:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Nice! A 2007 jk with 10000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone Tapatalk
post #6 of 7 Old 01-28-2012, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

10908 Now Grant!!!!

I've seen post on here about the Sprint Booster and having to relearn how to drive with it. I AGREE 100%! I'm completely happy with this setup and am now going to do the same to my 2 Door. Very cool to be able to drop gear with just a touch of the petal.

I think the Sprint Booster is overpriced but it does 100% what it says it does and the Jeep feels pretty damn sporty! I passed everyone I wanted to today.

Last edited by mediamaxim; 01-28-2012 at 12:20 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 02-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Rock God

Garage

NIce Kha. Now let me find some more money

Poison Spyder BFH w/ TRail Stinger,Teraflex Budget Boost,Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers,Warn M8000,AEM Cold Air Intake,DIY Fender chop
Pro Comp Wheels
Pro Comp Extreme All Terrain tires
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediamaxim View Post
I won't even SQUINT, WHICH IS SAD WHEN I'm F-ING ASIAN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode