Krawler Blue Label Mileage - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 01-13-2012, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Krawler Blue Label Mileage

Guys,

For those of you that have the blue labels what kind of mileage are you seeing from them? I've been debating hard about getting them but I do drive my rig some on the street and I have to drive a little ways to get to the trails. I'm tired of cutting the sidewalls on my KM2's and with them so hard to find in 37" I ended up buying a Krawler to replace my KM2 spare so I'm already sort of committed to them

I hear all sorts of conflicting information on the Krawlers. Of course the red label stickies are not at all going to last but what about the blues? I'm really interested to try this tire!

Thanks!

Jamie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 01-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Rock God

Driving from a close point to a trail head is no problem. Driving it daily on the road and putting miles on them everyday is a DEFINITE no go. Krawlers get SHIT for mileage, but are AWESOME on the trail.

2008 JK X 2DR NSG370

Time to build the TONS!

Long Island Off Road Club
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NOVA4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester116th View Post
Confucius say "If you no want break axle, Drive with BIG head not LITTLE head"
post #3 of 14 Old 01-13-2012, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

That seems to be the standard reply but are we talking blue labels? I keep seeing guys talking about 20K on them with plenty of tread of tread left? Anyone have them and care to share your experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 01-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Rock God

Garage

I know someone with almost 20k miles on a set and they are about ready to be replaced. They still have tread but they are starting to get hard and traction sucks. The krawlers work best when the lugs start to round out which isn't going to really happen if they see a lot of street time.
post #5 of 14 Old 01-13-2012, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks Spedly. This is the sort of info I'm looking for! I'd love to hear more from people who have them and see how they do!
post #6 of 14 Old 01-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Rock God

I've had numerous sets of 37" blue label Krawlers but can't tell you how many miles until they die because I get rid of them before that time.

The BFG rep had an H2 with 37" Krawlers. He pulled the tires off at 25K and sent them in for inspection. He said they told him they were still over 50%. He had zero wheeling miles on them.

Regarding spedly's comment-"The krawlers work best when the lugs start to round out which isn't going to really happen if they see a lot of street time."

This can be accurate or completely innaccurate. Worn lugs are good for rock guys. Those of us that do any mud or snow want the sharpest lugs possible.
post #7 of 14 Old 01-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Rock God

Garage

I have 8000 miles on my 39" blue label Krawlers and they look barely used. I daily drive my JKU and wheel at least twice a month. Having owned a bunch of different tires from MTR/K's to IROK's, I can honestly say that these are my favorites.

post #8 of 14 Old 01-13-2012, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Perfect! Thanks so much guys!! It's nice to hear some real world experience with them. All I have really been able to find is experience with the non-DOT red labels and of course I would never consider streeting them!

How's the ride quality on the blues compared to a more "normal" street tire? Thanks again!
post #9 of 14 Old 01-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Rock God

Garage

The blue labels (DOT) are obviously not as soft as the red labels (Sticky) but they are still very soft when compared to other street compounds. The ride quality is good however the lugs do create more road noise than most.

One thing you will notice with the Krawlers is they do tend to flat spot after sitting for a while and you will feel it slightly as well as hear a faint "thump thump thump" but that only lasts a few miles and then its all good again. This does not hurt the tire at all and is considered normal due to the soft compound.

post #10 of 14 Old 01-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Granite Guru

I am on the BFG racer program and I asked my rep about 37 blue labels. He said you might get 15k out of a set. He said they are not for road driving,

2007 Unlimited Rubicon
37 BFG KM2's, Raceline Beadlocks, RK 3.5" X-Factor Long Arm, Bilstein 5160's, 5.38's, PSC Armor, and SuperWinch 8500 w/ Viking Line

Matt O.
EOR Racing #4462

Thanks to
, &
, for their help & support.
post #11 of 14 Old 01-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Rock God

Well I run the 39's on my JKU and have about 5k on them now and they still look new. I drive it daily and wheel at least once a month.

On my TJ I had about 20K on them and they still had good life left. I'm thinking they would have easily lasted to 30 - 35K.

On both the flat spots are my only complaint. The only time it's really noticeable is when it is really cold. It seems like when it goes below freezing it take a little for the flat spots to come out. I'll gladly live with the side effects since they perform so well.

09 Rubicon Unlimited on 42's with some stuff

post #12 of 14 Old 01-16-2012, 11:27 PM
lbh
Rock God

I have ran three sets of Kawlers and loved them. Simply the best tire for rocks. The flat spots do suck in the am, but after two miles they are gone. Advice---rotate, rotate and rotate. I got about 30 k out of each set. I went to Mtr w/ Kevlar due to the amount of asphalt I began seeing as I need the jeep daily and boy do I miss my Kawlers off road. If you are looking for a badass tire this is it, if you want a bad assvtire that will perform like an all terrain on road, keep looking. Just be prepared for a little more noise, rotate often and enjoy. They are heavy as well but all three sets I had were able to be balanced just fine

2007 JK
post #13 of 14 Old 01-17-2012, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks guys! Based on all the replies to this thread I'm going to go ahead and take the plunge and give them a try! I'll rotate every 1500 miles and rotate in the spare to get some additional life out of them. If I can get 25K out of them they'll last me a good two years easy and I can't complain about that at all!!
post #14 of 14 Old 01-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Rock God

Garage

Good choice! Be sure to post some pictures when you get them mounted up. Here is a couple of pictures of my daily driver....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode