Lift decisions....TF vs. RK LA - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-28-2009, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Lift decisions....TF vs. RK LA

I got some money budgeted for jeep upgrades to get this POS skyjacker lift off and put a real lift kit on and I thought I was totally convinced to go with the TeraFlex 6inch LA kit... now I'm wondering if I should consider RockKrawler's 5.5 LA kit w/ coilovers. Anybody have any experience with the RK kits, specifically the RK 5.5 Coilover kit?

I plan to go coilovers, specifically the EVO systems, at each corner in the near future, but that is phase 2.

It would save some $$ to go with the RK Coilover system initially...ugh... funny I was set on TFLA 6inch kit until I had the funds in my hand.

I plan to stick in the 37-38inch Tire range.

Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Rock God

Coilovers are over rated

I wish I had your problems

BIG RED JEEP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Wheeler

coilovers

Don't have any experience with the RK systems but I have driven a friends jeep with Teraflex LA, Teraflex flip kit and Evo King Coilovers on Mud Grappler 37's and it rides equivalent or better than my fiance's 07' Escalade. Evo really did their homework on the spring rates and worked with King to dial them in perfectly. Best coilovers you can buy imho. My kit should be getting installed shortly whenever I have time to take it to SLC in Dallas/Bedford.

Last edited by Razorback1; 02-28-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-28-2009, 05:00 PM
RJB

I've been running the Full Traction Long Arm with both 4" and 6" springs and shocks and I'm installing the EVO Coilovers front and rear now. Looking forward to getting it all up and running. I have had no issues with the FTLA's.

Last edited by RJB; 02-28-2009 at 05:18 PM.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Wheeler

i'm having the 5.5 xfactor long arm installed at rock krawlers shop in Albany as i write this ,sat nite. I had the super lift 4" kit and it rode like a brick! since I don't plan on any high speed off roading I didn't feel that coil overs were worth the extra money. however while they have it i'm also getting 5.13 gears installed. Can't wait for MONDAY WHEN I PICK IT UP!!
'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode