Questions on swapping out control arms - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-08-2012, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Questions on swapping out control arms

I am getting ready to swap out my factory control arms on my JKU for Rock Krawler arms. I am doing the complete set and have never done it before. I have the recommended measurments from Rk but any other advice on how do do it or what sequence works the best would be great help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-08-2012, 07:21 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

If you're doing it on the ground then do one side at a time and replace them one arm at a time.

It will be best to have a friend or two with you to help you rotate the axle around to get the bolts lined up. I would have at least two good sized floor jacks and a nice ratchet strap there, it'll make life easier.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old 01-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Granite Guru

I just did a set and I would start withe the harder ones first!

Rear upper
Rear lower
Front upper
front lower

Make sure you have an extra bolt for the front passenger upper, u may need to cut the bolt to get it out due to the exhaust. We didn't have to but I have heard that many have.

Blue lock tight for the jam nuts and tighten them before install. Just triple check your lengths and orientations.

We did it on the ground with two floor jacks and a ratchet strap!

For the rears we made sure the long side of the sphere joint is on the frame side! Not sure if that's right but I made sense for clearance!

WORK HARD... PLAY HARDER!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode