True 37's = 38's? Tires and wheels and width?? Help Please!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-26-2009, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

True 37's = 38's? Tires and wheels and width?? Help Please!!

First of all hello all and thanks in advance for the help. I am not new to wheeling or JK's but I am new to this forum... This only my second post and my first thread.... Here is the deal I am looking to go with a 38 Inch tire. I am looking for a full 37 inches of tire so I figure go with 38's and hopefully I will get a true 37 inches and maybe a little bit more. This is a daily driver and it gets wheeled at least once a month. I new to rocks but I love the mud. I also love the hummm an agressive tire makes going down the road. I need to pcick a good all around tire and with so many choices out there I just can''t decide. Swampers BFG's Pro Comp etc etc etc.... I figure I will turn to the experts for some advice. I also like the look of a wide tire. I have MT radials now 35x12.5 I would love to go 13.5 or 14.5 this time around. I have read a lot about weight and rubbing and everything else that goes along with it. Any help would be great. The obvious question that goes along with this is what to put them on. I need to go with new wheels all black and not to heavy the tires will be heavy enough so the lighter the wheel the better. width back spacing 15 16 17 or 18????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-26-2009, 06:28 AM
Rock God

The TOYO line is representative of as close to true sizing as whats on the sidewall. The Mt in 37" is 37" tall (go figure), the BFG as a 37 is more like a TOYO 35 1/2. if that makes sense.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-26-2009, 06:31 AM
Rock God

Garage

You can check out this thread. 100Dollarman has some for sale.

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4213

- Ruskin
2.5"Tera, 34"Maxxis, Front Stubby, Cobra75, Flapless Seatbelts & Grounded Floormats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 02-26-2009, 07:16 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDog218 View Post
I love the mud.
Quote:
I also love the hummm an agressive tire makes going down the road.
Quote:
I also like the look of a wide tire. I would love to go 13.5 or 14.5 this time around.
this screams swamper man to me
post #5 of 9 Old 02-26-2009, 07:21 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin View Post
You can check out this thread. 100Dollarman has some for sale.

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4213
Those are *****in tires!
post #6 of 9 Old 02-26-2009, 07:48 AM
Rock God

I think Toyo MTs come in a 37x14.5x15. Maybe it is a 13.5" width. Just google "Toyo tires open country mt specs" and one of the first results will be the specs page in a pdf on the Toyo site.

I prefer a load range C, 6 ply tire. The load range E, 10 ply tires made for lifted 1 ton 4x4 trucks with 20k+ lbs towing capacities are too stiff for JKs--at least for 2dr JKs.

I am very happy with my Cragar Soft 8 black steel wheels from summitracing.com. You will want a 15x10 wheel with 4" or less backspacing. (JK bolt pattern is 5x5.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 9 Old 02-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Rock God

The new goodyear mt/r's that just came out are in a 38x14.50 R17... they are also supposed to be true to size as opposed to the old mt/r. just another option.

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #8 of 9 Old 02-26-2009, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Just want to thank everyone for the help. The more ideas the better. Keep them coming I am leaning towards Swampers. I have to tell all of you guys the help on this site is amazing. People on this forum really seem to have a clue unlike that old site I was on.....
post #9 of 9 Old 03-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Granite Guru

Also, check out the IROK 36x13.50 tires. They measure out to 37".

2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited Rescue Green 6 Speed
Mods Shrockworks Rails & Bumpers, Currie Lift, Tom Woods 1350 driveshafts, 35" Toyo M/Ts on ProComp 7028s
In Progress
To Do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode